C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I was called by a C.H.R. recruiter, went through a phone interview on the spot, and then was submitted for an online assessment to make sure I was the Type A personality they screen for. I came in for an interview in 2003 and it has changed since then I'm sure. I was interviewed by the branch manager and then sat with a few key individuals in the office to get a gameplan of if I could "handle" this type of position.

Interview Questions
    • This brick falls XYZ feet from a building, how fast will it hit the ground?   View Answer
    I was entry-level so I was happy to start out at $30k + bonus. You will see money at Robinson around year #3. When I left I was well over $80k, but money isn't everything folks. It is a cut-throat atmosphere, so be ready to perform or sink! I was there about 9 yrs and made my way successfully. It was good to leave on my own terms when I was ready. Don't be afraid to work hard and do things honestly and with dignity. Don't feed into the negativity or the toxicity. If you do, you will either succeed all the way or you will set a new standard. Change happens from within.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter via email, and had a phone interview with her. After that I had a in office interview. The interview was very long, I met with 5 people, one after another. They all had different personalities and had a lot to say and a lot of questions.

Appointment Clerk- TMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2014.

The initial interview was over the phone. Fun and simple questions to see if you are a good fit. If all goes well you will come in for about 2 hours. You will interview (rather long and detailed normal interview questions) go on a tour, shadow a current employee, and take a test. If you pass the test and the background check you will be offered a position. Training is 6 weeks long. You have 9 weeks to master the position.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

A few days after applying, I had a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter from the MN corporate office and took a 20-minute personality assessment and questionnaire.

I was invited for an in-person interview in which I spoke with two team leads. They asked difficult yet challenging questions to assess my skills and work ethic.

I was then invited for a final interview with the branch GM that lasted about an hour. He even gave me the opportunity to sit with a few employees and shadow them for 20 minutes so I can get an idea of what kind of work they do.

From start to finish, the whole process took about one month.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three most important things you look for in a new job/position?   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Got an email from one of the recruiters to set up a phone interview. Had one phone interview with someone in HR asking about personal information, past work experience etc. I then talked to another person in HR and that was the furthest that I went in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an experience when you failed and how did that help you grow.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Extremely long interview process. Expect to start with a phone interview, at least one possibly two, followed by an in person interview if you are not weeded out during the phone interview. The format for in person interview usually includes at least two people, if not a panel, interviewing you and it can last as long as 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I recall a number of behavior based questions that can throw you for a loop if you're not prepared for them (i.e. how you handle stress, multi-tasking, overcoming an obstacle, etc.)   Answer Question
    No, all employees hired straight out of college/at the lowest salary level start at the minimum.

Intern Interview

Over the phone, then personality test, then in the office interview. Interviewed with 3 people that day and interacted with 2 people at their desks.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Conducted 1 on 1 interview at the university then was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview in Atlanta. Lasted about an hour an a half.

Logistics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in November 2013.

Gave my resume out at a career fair. Got a call from a recruiter telling me to apply online. Two interviews, then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What have your parents thought you? I though this was a very deep question   View Answer

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in November 2013.

Got a call from the HR department in Eden Prarie, MN and it was standard interview that last around 30 minutes and they set up a onsite interview right away. Then my interview onsite was done by 2 managers. They called me for a second interview when I interviewed when and I interviewed with one of the branch managers. I then had 3 supervisors interview me at the same time which made me extremely nervous.

none