C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later saying they want to schedule some time to talk to me about my resume. This lead to a phone screening with an HR Rep. She did a basic phone interview that asked about my experiences and had some behavioral questions thrown in. At the end of the call she said that they would like to have my move on and do an interview with the brand manager. They wanted me in ASAP so we scheduled it for the next day. This was a very laid back interview which basically had me take them through my resume and experience. There were also some behavioral questions here as well. Obviously, working in logistics they want someone who is very hard working and willing to do what needs to be done to serve their customers. The interview took less than 45 minutes and I walked out feeling good about the meeting.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you and give me examples to back that up.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. After the phone interview was an interview at the branch location. The interview was very laid back and the interviewer just had me walk through my resume and elaborate on everything on it. The interview flowed well and was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions, very standard.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

I applied online and the next day a recruiter got in contact with me to schedule a phone interview. She called right on time not a minute later. It was a pretty basic phone interview "what do you like about your current job", "how well do you work in a team setting". After the phone interview was over she told me I would be getting an email from her to schedule my face to face interview, in the email she stated that the office is business casual but to make sure I dress perfessional. The day of my interview I showed up to the office dress up, as I was sitting in the lobby a few employees were walking by and I noticed that some of them were wearing hoodies and moccasins...I was a little take back and surprised because that is no where near business casual. The first interview was with two gentleman who asked pretty basic questions, they asked what I knew about the position and how I heard about CH Robinson. When that was over they had another 2 people come in and interview me. Who again asked pretty basic questions, some where team related, but mostly behavioral. At the end they ask if I had any questions (always ask them questions). They told me I should be hearing back from them this week or early next week. The next day I got a denial email from them.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything unexpected, you either know your stuff or you don't.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

This was one of the more frustrating interview processes that I've been a part of, to be honest. I began by applying for an HR Representative position, and had a half hour phone interview that was pretty much standard stock. I was told that I'd be hearing from someone by the end of the week (roughly 3 days away). Two weeks later, I was told that I wasn't going to be considered for a position in HR, but that they thought that I'd fit as a sourcing representative. I had a two-hour interview one-on-one with the manager of the department, which was pretty loose. I got the impression that personality plays into the job more than a skill set does, which makes sense given the nature of the position. Anyway, I felt cautiously hopeful about the interview, and then received another call saying that I wasn't right for sourcing, but that an account manager position had opened up and they thought I'd do well there. They wanted me to do another interview at the company, which I scheduled for the next day. The man that interviewed me was also pretty loose, but came down hard on the fact that I had a relatively stable career in a different field (I was in management before, but finally graduated college to pursue real dreams). It felt as though he didn't understand what I was doing there, but the conversation got rolling and things started to feel more comfortable. He explained that I was a really strong candidate because of job history but that it could be a few weeks until I heard since the job had just been posted. I offered my references, at which point he looks down at them and then says to me, "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?" I was struck a little bit deaf and dumb for a second by the very nature of the question before assuring him that it would not. Most of the men that I've talked to about this don't see a problem with that question at all, and most of the women pick their jaws up off of the floor, so take it for whatever it's worth - as a woman, I felt awkward and sort of "put in my place." Only a few days later, I received a generic email telling me that I wasn't the right candidate - it was disappointing, as I really did love most aspects of the company and felt that the position made a lot of sense for me, but it was also a relief after that second interview experience, frankly.

Interview Questions

• "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?"   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2014.

Interview

First notice that virtually all other reviewers obtained the interview through a college. I obtained my interview through an advertisement. The phone interview was fantastic and the interviewer bumped me to the top of his list for a personal interview as he stated I was one of the most qualified people he has ever interviewed. Note that I have taken off the year I graduated from my University. When I arrived, his jaw almost fell off his face because I was not in my 20's. Interview ended quickly and the next day I received an email stating that I did not meet their qualifications, totally a 180 from what I was told during the phone interview.

Shipment Information Interview

Interview

Do not remember. Went through a staffing agency just needed bodies did not ask many questions. They called and told me when my training class would start. Pretty easy training.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I went to a career fair and she gave me an invitation to an Open House where about 15 of us went to the Bellevue location and got a tour. They told us to apply online afterwards. I went in for two in-person interviews. They asked many behavioral questions and I had to give many examples.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the questions were similar so you have to have many examples   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with very broad institutional based questions, then a panel interview for an hour and thirty minutes with two supervisors, and then a shadow interview day where I sat with a team member then had a one on one interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first had a campus interview and then a final interview at the office. I sat on the sales floor which was nice to see what I would be doing in the job all day. Then I had an interview with a recruiter, and then a mock sales pitch with managers. Lots of behavioral based questions - pretty typical. Everyone I met was really nice and welcoming though. Recruiter and managers were very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I had to talk about a time I exceeded goals that were set for me by a boss   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

World ClassProgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

I was a participant in the Sophomore Exploration Program in Chicago, IL. I interviewed in order to receive a spot in this program, and the process included many behavioral questions. Once I finished my three day visit at the CH Robinson office of Chicago, I was asked to complete a sales scenario with two managers. After leaving the program, I followed up and was told decision would be made on offering me a full time summer intern position for the next coming summer within two weeks. Unfortunately this waiting continued for over a month, from early July until August, before I received word that I had been extended an offer as an intern.