C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Sales and Data Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. Interview was about 30 minutes long asking typical questions. However recruiter seemed uninterested in what I had to say and didn't give much feed back. I was then contacted and told to schedule an interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Phone interview was very professional and straightforward. Interviewer called on time and was very knowledgeable about the position I was applying for. Recommended that I do an on-site interview and explained what that process was and how it would go.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Met CHR at school career fair and informational session. They took resumes/asked questions. Called about 2 weeks for phone interview then 1month later onsite interview. They offered an internship position about a month later. Although the job is very busy/multitasking/pressured during the interview they are not trying to see how you react under pressure. They want the most honesty you can provide because this position is not for everyone. If you don't like sales, don't' take this internship!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult about the interview process. They interview was very calm it was more a conversation. They are going to ask questions to see if you have a competitive streak in you. They don't have a paper test etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate pay.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from corporate recruiter, phone screen, set up your own interview time with the hiring manager. Interview with possible co-workers then meet with the hiring manager. Given a basic accounting test then an excel test

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I met the hiring representative at a career expo on campus and was offered an interview the following morning. The woman was really nice to the point that I felt more like I was having coffee with a girlfriend than having an interview. Questions were very basic with not a lot of critical thinking involved. I was immediately offered a second interview at their headquarters. The second interview also went well. The same woman greeted me, then I shadowed one of the managers and he answered any questions I had. I then had the interview with the first rep and an additional hiring rep. He basically asked the same questions over again and we talked about my resume. Everyone was very friendly and it was pretty stress free compared to other interviews I've had.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

First step was a basic phone interview that was roughly 30 minutes. Essentially the interview was explaining your resume as well as some situational questions. After the phone interview I was invited back for a second interview where I met with a manager and a supervisor for a 2.5 hour interview at the location. Again, we went over my resume as well as some behavioral questions (more than the phone interview) but, went into much more detail regarding the position itself. The final step was a job shadow in which it gave you a hands on idea of the position you are interviewing for. Overall the process took approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell when there was a time where you had to deal with an unpleasant customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager - Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in August 2014.

Interview

Got my foot in the door because of a connection, interviewed with GM and Global Forwarding Sup - lasted about an hour. They reaffirmed my resume and asked me specific questions regarding my skill set and previous jobs. They were extremely receptive and open. I was surprised by the quickness of the turn around time. I think I either received an offer same day or I received an offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered (reasonably), they accepted.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Usually start with a phone interview and then they will bring you in for an in person interview with the general manager and the supervisors that will be overlooking your position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - Typical how does your experience relate to this job. Where do you see yourself in 20 years. etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

You will have a phone interview, possibly two. Then you will interview with the hiring branch where they learn a little more about you and then for the second interview you will have a shadow type day where you get to learn what a typical day is like in the field.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any unexpected questions. They were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Hired directly by a manager. Super informal. There were no actual work related questions. Talked about what the job entailed and a little bit about myself.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions regarding my skills/goals/capabilities/work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Everyone starts at the same $$.