C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
192 interviews

2.8

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Extremely long interview process. Expect to start with a phone interview, at least one possibly two, followed by an in person interview if you are not weeded out during the phone interview. The format for in person interview usually includes at least two people, if not a panel, interviewing you and it can last as long as 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I recall a number of behavior based questions that can throw you for a loop if you're not prepared for them (i.e. how you handle stress, multi-tasking, overcoming an obstacle, etc.)   Answer Question
    No, all employees hired straight out of college/at the lowest salary level start at the minimum.

Intern Interview

Over the phone, then personality test, then in the office interview. Interviewed with 3 people that day and interacted with 2 people at their desks.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Conducted 1 on 1 interview at the university then was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview in Atlanta. Lasted about an hour an a half.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in October 2013.

Applied online through the CH Robinson Careers website. Within 2 weeks of applying, I received an email from the recruiter in order to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What three qualities do you look for most in a company in which you want to work?   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

A recruiter contacted me first for the initial interview. This was a simple, go-over-the-job type of interview to see if I was interested. The 2nd interview was also with the recruiter and covered topics such as my resume, work experience, school work, what motivates me, etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than ask a couple questions, the recruiter asked me to just go over my entire resume starting with the last job and work my way up to my most recent position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Spoke with a recruiter multiple times on the phone, short convo followed by assessment followed by long convo.

I was then passed to have an in person interview which lasted 2 hours and was with 2 people at once. Standard interview questions. I was put on the floor for about 10 minutes with a few people to learn about what they were doing on a daily basis.

Interview Questions
    • What experience have you had negotiating terms of agreement with a client   Answer Question

Got an offer at another company that seemed more suitable for my personality. Less stressful environment and more professional atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee  in  Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Had a phone interview which was simple. Did the personality test and was not considered a good match.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in August 2012.

Telephonic screening. In-person interview with 2 sets of 2 peers for one hour each, then two one-hour sessions with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Questions were all about work process; nothing technical. This turned out to be an issue because there were technical expectations that were not clarified nor provided for once on site.

Interview Questions
    Hiring Manager called with an offer. It was 5% less than previously discussed, but he mentioned a bonus plan that was not in writing (but was legitimate).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in October 2012.

Phone interview, then 4 panel interview, and then you will shadow with various people in the office.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in June 2013.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter from Minnesota the same day that I applied for the job. I set up an initial phone screening where I spent about 30 minutes answering some pretty straight forward questions regarding my background and the position. I then set up a follow-up phone interview. Following that I was contacted and told that I was to come in for a branch interview. That interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you have failed. How did you react, what was the outcome.   Answer Question