C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2014.

The best interview experience I have ever been apart of.

Operations and Logistics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2014.

Let me first say that both these positions are call-center customer service jobs - not a higher level planner / coordinator position as I am experienced. Basically the sales/account management teams work with the customers and carriers to find loads to deliver and routes available. They book them, and it is the Operations or Logistics Representatives position to ensure the deliveries happen. This is not the job I was expecting when I applied.

I applied online at their website and was emailed by a corporate recruiter in MN within just a couple of days to schedule a phone interview. All questions were normal pre-screening interview questions and nothing you wouldn't expect. Next I had to call the manager to schedule an interview. A few phone tags later I finally got a hold of the manager and booked an onsite interview.

I interviewed with a manager and one of her employees that does the training for the position. Very standard interview questions and their responses were very standard to my questions. After about an hour I went out onto the floor to shadow the trainer for 15 minutes. This is when I realized I didn't want the job, but would take it as a last resort since I just moved to Phoenix. Absolutely nothing challenging about the position as long as you can handle heavy phone traffic.

The next day the recruiter called me, asked me how it went, and then told me they wouldn't be hiring for the position after all. She didn't say why, but I'm pretty sure it was because the manager would be "out of the office" for a few months - I won't say why, but it would be for a good reason. Who would hire someone while the manager was away?

They liked me enough, however, that they recommended me to another manager in another department. The recruiter told me it was for a similar position, but when I went in for the interview it sounded more like a sales / account management role -- which I was not interested in. The interview was pretty short, and I didn't really want the job anyway, so my answers were probably much more brief.

The office was extremely open, loud, and busy, and this was their slow season. I do not like environments like this at all. While I'm not extremely shy, I'm an introverted person who likes to work on complex problems with personal space. The position wasn't what I was expecting, the environment wasn't ideal, the pay was extremely low, and advancement seems to take forever at this company. With that said, everyone I interviewed or met was polite and positive, and if I was interested in the position, I would say I had a positive experience and they are a good company from just an interviewee standpoint.

It's been a month and absolutely no contact from CH Robinson. I would have normally followed up by now, but I am not interested in working for this office. The Phoenix location is basically a call-center / sales office, and I am overqualified for the first, not interested in the latter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you organized a team / group morale event?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

3 round interviews- 1 phone; two in person

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavior based focused. The company requires a lot of multitasking and high intensive listening skills as you will have to hold two phone conversations at multiple times as well as work on a double computer screen. They will have you do a pitch for a basic carrier load sale to a carrier rep to prove you know about the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I was called by a C.H.R. recruiter, went through a phone interview on the spot, and then was submitted for an online assessment to make sure I was the Type A personality they screen for. I came in for an interview in 2003 and it has changed since then I'm sure. I was interviewed by the branch manager and then sat with a few key individuals in the office to get a gameplan of if I could "handle" this type of position.

Interview Questions
    • This brick falls XYZ feet from a building, how fast will it hit the ground?   View Answer
    I was entry-level so I was happy to start out at $30k + bonus. You will see money at Robinson around year #3. When I left I was well over $80k, but money isn't everything folks. It is a cut-throat atmosphere, so be ready to perform or sink! I was there about 9 yrs and made my way successfully. It was good to leave on my own terms when I was ready. Don't be afraid to work hard and do things honestly and with dignity. Don't feed into the negativity or the toxicity. If you do, you will either succeed all the way or you will set a new standard. Change happens from within.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter via email, and had a phone interview with her. After that I had a in office interview. The interview was very long, I met with 5 people, one after another. They all had different personalities and had a lot to say and a lot of questions.

Appointment Clerk- TMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2014.

The initial interview was over the phone. Fun and simple questions to see if you are a good fit. If all goes well you will come in for about 2 hours. You will interview (rather long and detailed normal interview questions) go on a tour, shadow a current employee, and take a test. If you pass the test and the background check you will be offered a position. Training is 6 weeks long. You have 9 weeks to master the position.

World Class Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2014.

Initial phone screening interview where I was asked basic questions about my background, etc. Second interview was a job shadow on-site followed by interview after. The hiring manager was very nice and asked me how I thought I would like it.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions were general in nature. I don't think I was asked behavioral based questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

A few days after applying, I had a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter from the MN corporate office and took a 20-minute personality assessment and questionnaire.

I was invited for an in-person interview in which I spoke with two team leads. They asked difficult yet challenging questions to assess my skills and work ethic.

I was then invited for a final interview with the branch GM that lasted about an hour. He even gave me the opportunity to sit with a few employees and shadow them for 20 minutes so I can get an idea of what kind of work they do.

From start to finish, the whole process took about one month.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three most important things you look for in a new job/position?   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Got an email from one of the recruiters to set up a phone interview. Had one phone interview with someone in HR asking about personal information, past work experience etc. I then talked to another person in HR and that was the furthest that I went in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an experience when you failed and how did that help you grow.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Extremely long interview process. Expect to start with a phone interview, at least one possibly two, followed by an in person interview if you are not weeded out during the phone interview. The format for in person interview usually includes at least two people, if not a panel, interviewing you and it can last as long as 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I recall a number of behavior based questions that can throw you for a loop if you're not prepared for them (i.e. how you handle stress, multi-tasking, overcoming an obstacle, etc.)   Answer Question
    No, all employees hired straight out of college/at the lowest salary level start at the minimum.