C.H. Robinson Worldwide
www.chrobinson.com Eden Prairie, MN 5000+ Employees

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions & Reviews in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Sales Intern Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a job fair and get them my resume. I did 2 phone interviews. Then did an on site interview with the General Manager. I got a call back a few days later. Then negotiated pay over the phone with a recruiter.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a getting to know me process, than an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offer an hourly rate and since I had no experience I did not negotiate.

IT Manager Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in August 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic screening. In-person interview with 2 sets of 2 peers for one hour each, then two one-hour sessions with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Questions were all about work process; nothing technical. This turned out to be an issue because there were technical expectations that were not clarified nor provided for once on site.

Interview Question – How do you handle daily-shifting priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring Manager called with an offer. It was 5% less than previously discussed, but he mentioned a bonus plan that was not in writing (but was legitimate).

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2009.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 in person interview, 1 job shadow

Interview Question – What are your opportunities   View Answer

Negotiation Details – flexible to negotiate pay rate but not always acceptable

IT Intern Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – I met them at a college fair, and they seemed very open and nice. GPA does not matter as much to them, at least for IT interns, and at the location I applied for. The first interview they ask a lot of questions about you, and about what you know about the company. They really want to see how interested YOU are in the company, and how much research you did. The second interview is more technical, but not extreme. They are nice, and ask you things that you have mentioned in your resume, and give you hypothetical situations. I really enjoyed both of the interviews, and felt like they were well rounded.

Interview Question – They asked about how I have setup my personal servers, and wanted details of me explaining why I chose each step.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the job and I told them I would think about it. They said they were glad I was taking time, and looked forward to hearing from me. I responded a day later.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in May 2012.

Interview Details – First was a recruiter screening followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and director. Third round consisted of two interviews each with two of the people on the team. Fourth round I had to come in and give a presentation to the leadership team and finally a psychological evaluation.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was fair so only a little negotiation. Advice I would give is if there is something you would like you have to ask for it.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Transportation Sales Representative
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2012.

Interview Details – Professional. Strait-forward. Honest.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone screen and then moved on to a phone interview. After the phone interview, I did a personality test. Was told I was a "good fit" and had a group interview then shadowed. Was told there might be another interview if I was still a potential, but would be called either way. Have yet to hear back 4.5 weeks later.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in a management team?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2010.

Interview Details – I initially contacted Robinson after a friend was offered a job there; HR was very easy to talk to and walked me through the process very quickly and clearly. Within a day I had a phone interview set up, followed by another phone interview with a director and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview went well and took half a day.

Interview Question – N/A - I don't believe any of the questions asked were difficult   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2010.

Interview Details – First was the phone interview, situational questions (what would you do if...)
The on site interview took about 4 hours, included lunch and a site tour with the IT manager (this impressed me a lot, they really care about people!). Technical questions were easy, consisted of questions about OO programing

Interview Questions

Software Testing Analyst Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2011.

Interview Details – (This is just an initial post as of when I got my first phone call from the recruiter - hopefully I can post update within the next few weeks if this actually pushes through)

The position I originally applied for is actually already filled, however, the IT recruiting person was very kind to consider contacting me for a potential future position, which gave me a good first impression on the company's recruitment process. Despite the fact that I wasn't able to contact the recruitment in their initial email, they actually followed up and I made contact on the second follow-up. During the phone screening, the recruiter actually sounded interested and listened carefully to my responses to her questions (at least I hope she did). So far the questions she asked was more on the basic skills and knowledge of the job I was applying for. She mentioned she will get in touch in the next week or so on my application status, which I have no doubt she will actually follow up on it. Even if I didn't really end up with a follow-up interview with a possible guarantee of the position, the whole session ended in a pleasant note. I hope they keep it up.

Overall, future interviewees should do a little research (no need to be extensive) about the company, about the work at hand, and also the salary ranges for this, and display an attitude of interest with the position.

P.S. I saw the reviews about the work environment in this company - I admit I was skeptical about applying for a position, however, the HR experience was good so far. If I ever end up in this company hopefully the company has changed for the better since the last year.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job (based on your career goals)?   Answer Question
  • Questions about work background and past work experiences - why did you leave former employee.   View Answer
  • What type of experience do you have with the position you applied for?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about the company?   View Answer
  • What is the salary range you are looking for?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at C.H. Robinson Worldwide interview questions and advice in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by C.H. Robinson Worldwide employees and interview candidates.