C.H. Robinson Worldwide
www.chrobinson.com Eden Prairie, MN 5000+ Employees

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Transportation Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – The whole process took about two weeks. I started with an on-campus interview following a career fair through my university. That passed me on to a branch interview with the sales manager and VP.

The screening interview is incredibly standard. 30min fact finding and going over my resume.

The branch interview is separated into three parts.
The initial panel of back and forth scenario type questions, more resume questions, and behavioral.
After that it's a tour around the floor and some one-on-one time with one or two different sales reps on the floor getting to know the ins and outs of their jobs.
After that it's back to the panel for follow up questions which are more or less "what did you learn" and "do you still want to work here" type questions.

Interview Question – Very simple interview process - most "difficult" questions are scenario style involving a task you would complete on the job.   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – For a formal interview, with an HR recruiter, it felt relaxed.

Interview Question – "A time where you had to work with a team"
"How competitive are you?"
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2014.

Interview Details – The best interview experience I have ever been apart of.

Interview Question – Standard questions nothing was to serious.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in April 2010.

Interview Details – Bruce was very convincing that this was the opportunity of a lifetime to work for a 10 Billion dollar a year Fortune 300 Company. The office was young, flashy, and seemed like a fun place to work.

Interview Question – Describe an experience you had where you went above and beyond the requirements of your position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion. You get what he offers $36k a year or you take the door.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – A few days after applying, I had a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter from the MN corporate office and took a 20-minute personality assessment and questionnaire.

I was invited for an in-person interview in which I spoke with two team leads. They asked difficult yet challenging questions to assess my skills and work ethic.

I was then invited for a final interview with the branch GM that lasted about an hour. He even gave me the opportunity to sit with a few employees and shadow them for 20 minutes so I can get an idea of what kind of work they do.

From start to finish, the whole process took about one month.

Interview Question – What are your three most important things you look for in a new job/position?   Answer Question

Interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Interview Details – Got an email from one of the recruiters to set up a phone interview. Had one phone interview with someone in HR asking about personal information, past work experience etc. I then talked to another person in HR and that was the furthest that I went in the interview process.

Interview Question – Please describe an experience when you failed and how did that help you grow.   Answer Question

Interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me first for the initial interview. This was a simple, go-over-the-job type of interview to see if I was interested. The 2nd interview was also with the recruiter and covered topics such as my resume, work experience, school work, what motivates me, etc etc.

Interview Question – Rather than ask a couple questions, the recruiter asked me to just go over my entire resume starting with the last job and work my way up to my most recent position.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter multiple times on the phone, short convo followed by assessment followed by long convo.

I was then passed to have an in person interview which lasted 2 hours and was with 2 people at once. Standard interview questions. I was put on the floor for about 10 minutes with a few people to learn about what they were doing on a daily basis.

Interview Question – What experience have you had negotiating terms of agreement with a client   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer at another company that seemed more suitable for my personality. Less stressful environment and more professional atmosphere.

Traverse City, MI

Interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which was simple. Did the personality test and was not considered a good match.

Interview Question – Do you know how the stars twinkle.   View Answer

Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then 4 panel interview, and then you will shadow with various people in the office.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interviewing process   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at C.H. Robinson Worldwide Transportation Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by C.H. Robinson Worldwide employees and interview candidates.