C-K Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C-K.

I got an interview because I knew a C level executive. Two interview process. The interviews were a week apart, and each interview was 1+ hr. long. During the interview, I met one-on-one with four separate team members (eight people total) ranging from former interns to senior level employees. Even though I got a good sense of the department's dynamic and culture, I found meeting with eight different people to be a bit redundant since each person asked me the exact same questions. Questions were standard, "Tell me about [previous job]," "What kind of experience do you have with [skill/job function]?" etc. Everyone also asked me why I wanted to work in advertising/PR, and what initially drew me to the industry. Overall, everyone was very polite and the offices are really cool. The one thing that didn't sit well with me though was when one person made some backhanded jokes about my former employer being 'lame.' Very unprofessional in my opinion. After the second interview, I did not hear from them for three weeks. I sent them a follow up email, and the next day they responded that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • "What initially drew you to the Ad/PR industry?" "Why do you want to work in the Ad/PR industry?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C-K in January 2014.

My initial communications with C-K happened due to an inquiry that I sent to the company. I was then contacted by them and brought in for an informational interview. The interviewer looked at my book, and we spoke for a little bit and a week later I was brought in for another interview with the person in charge of the interns. This interview was shorter, just looked quickly through my book, chatted for a bit and I was on my way. Within the next week or so I was notified via email that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was quite some time ago now. Mostly it was a conversation. Back and forth talking about what it was like to work here, what my skills were, my experience, what they do here, etc.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because I was taking an internship position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at C-K in April 2013.

I met with a member of the team through a mutual connection just to talk about the business and C-K as a company. At the end she mentioned they were looking for an intern for the summer and asked if I would be interested. She forwarded my resume to the department head and a few weeks later I was emailed about setting up an interview. I went in, met with a senior Account Executive then a VP. During both meetings we talked about my previous experience, thoughts on the department/industry and what I would look to get from the experience. About 5 days later I received a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    I could negotiate hours and start date to some extent but i chose as soon as possible for as long as possible. They are pretty flexible though.

Account Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C-K in August 2012.

I knew one of the VP's of account management who set up my interview for me, I didn't even need my resume, they had my linkedin page already printed when I got there. Overall the interview was very pleasant and straight forward. It definitely helps when you know someone just to get in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Based on all of your experience, do you think you will be bored as an intern?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at C-K in March 2012.

Interview rescheduled twice including day of.

Two managers I would be reporting to did not seem aligned at all. These are the two people I met with in the first interview.

Waiting room was awkward- nothing to read or watch.

Declined moving forward to next steps - didn't feel it was a cultural fit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C-K in November 2010.

There were three phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by on-site interviews. Interviewed with eight different people ranging from peers to senior level employees within other departments to HR. Consistently received the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions
    • All interviewers asked very specific questions based on the resume.   View Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C-K in August 2010.

I started as an account management intern because of a program for recent college grads. I worked in the NY office and got hands on experience over the summer and was hired on full-time after we discussed my goals and the path they saw for me. Since the agency is mid-sized and much smaller than all the companies in the "big agency" holding company world, the culture had a boutique feel with clients that were notable enough.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward (what was your impression of the agency/the work, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your strengths and areas of improvement, etc.). Be prepared to talk about why you're interested in advertising and the campaigns that inspire you the most.   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at C-K in June 2010.

I was interested in the position, but felt that the level of expertise of those interviewing me was deficient. I had no interest in joining a department so behind the times. Everyone was courteous, but I did not get a good feeling overall.

Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C-K in February 2010.

This is a tough place when it comes to politics; make sure you are ready for a boys club, no-holds-barred, bare knuckle brawl because the politics here is unbearable. Backstabbing is terrible. This agency is in a period of transition so hopefully that changes. Senior management is smart and fair but clueless as to what is happening with their managers and those that they manage.

Interview Questions
    • I can't say that I remember. They are intense with interviewing and if you in a client facing role they make you present to a team of people.   View Answer
    Fine, the HR people there are generally good.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at C-K in October 2009.

Overall the interview process was pretty smooth. Had 3 interviews starting with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in a position that you are overqualified for?   View Answer