C-K

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C-K in January 2014.

Interview Details – My initial communications with C-K happened due to an inquiry that I sent to the company. I was then contacted by them and brought in for an informational interview. The interviewer looked at my book, and we spoke for a little bit and a week later I was brought in for another interview with the person in charge of the interns. This interview was shorter, just looked quickly through my book, chatted for a bit and I was on my way. Within the next week or so I was notified via email that I had gotten the position.

Interview Question – My interview was quite some time ago now. Mostly it was a conversation. Back and forth talking about what it was like to work here, what my skills were, my experience, what they do here, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because I was taking an internship position.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C-K in August 2010.

Interview Details – I started as an account management intern because of a program for recent college grads. I worked in the NY office and got hands on experience over the summer and was hired on full-time after we discussed my goals and the path they saw for me. Since the agency is mid-sized and much smaller than all the companies in the "big agency" holding company world, the culture had a boutique feel with clients that were notable enough.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straightforward (what was your impression of the agency/the work, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your strengths and areas of improvement, etc.). Be prepared to talk about why you're interested in advertising and the campaigns that inspire you the most.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C-K in February 2010.

Interview Details – This is a tough place when it comes to politics; make sure you are ready for a boys club, no-holds-barred, bare knuckle brawl because the politics here is unbearable. Backstabbing is terrible. This agency is in a period of transition so hopefully that changes. Senior management is smart and fair but clueless as to what is happening with their managers and those that they manage.

Interview Question – I can't say that I remember. They are intense with interviewing and if you in a client facing role they make you present to a team of people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fine, the HR people there are generally good.

Intern Interview

Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at C-K in April 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a member of the team through a mutual connection just to talk about the business and C-K as a company. At the end she mentioned they were looking for an intern for the summer and asked if I would be interested. She forwarded my resume to the department head and a few weeks later I was emailed about setting up an interview. I went in, met with a senior Account Executive then a VP. During both meetings we talked about my previous experience, thoughts on the department/industry and what I would look to get from the experience. About 5 days later I received a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Question – What would my dream account be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could negotiate hours and start date to some extent but i chose as soon as possible for as long as possible. They are pretty flexible though.

Account Management Internship Interview

Account Management Internship
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C-K in August 2012.

Interview Details – I knew one of the VP's of account management who set up my interview for me, I didn't even need my resume, they had my linkedin page already printed when I got there. Overall the interview was very pleasant and straight forward. It definitely helps when you know someone just to get in the door.

Interview Question – Based on all of your experience, do you think you will be bored as an intern?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at C-K in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process at Cramer Krasselt is a long and ridiculous process. For me, I was contacted by a head hunter who submitted my information. Four weeks later, I was called in for an interview followed by three more interviews over the month that followed. During my final interview, I was asked to be prepared to stay for an entire day--which I did. During my final interview, I met with employees from the admin assistant to the account director.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about your past experience and future goals with C-K.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at C-K in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview rescheduled twice including day of.

Two managers I would be reporting to did not seem aligned at all. These are the two people I met with in the first interview.

Waiting room was awkward- nothing to read or watch.

Declined moving forward to next steps - didn't feel it was a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at C-K in November 2010.

Interview Details – There were three phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by on-site interviews. Interviewed with eight different people ranging from peers to senior level employees within other departments to HR. Consistently received the same questions over and over.

Interview Question – All interviewers asked very specific questions based on the resume.   View Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Media Supervisor
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at C-K in October 2008.

Interview Details – I met with an employee from every department in the agency. Some were upper level management and some were in my peer group. It was and "emotional" interview as they never asked me about my relevant experience for the position. They wanted to know how I felt about this and that and seemed to be rating my reaction to their questions. One of the people I met with actually trashed the company and told me some things that ultimately led to turning down the job offer. Watch you back was a quote from this person.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation in your current position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel it was a good match for me and I'm glad I didn't accept the position. Another offer came along in the following week and now I'm very happy with my position and choice.

Very Easy Interview

Advertising Interview

Advertising
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at C-K in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interested in the position, but felt that the level of expertise of those interviewing me was deficient. I had no interest in joining a department so behind the times. Everyone was courteous, but I did not get a good feeling overall.

Interview Question – Questions about technical expertise   Answer Question

Worked for C-K? Contribute to the Community!