C-K Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at C-K.

Interview

It was an informational interview. I contacted an HR rep through LinkedIn and they passed me along to the Chicago office. There were no current opening but they did call me for an information interview and said they'd keep my on file.

Interview Questions

• I was asking for questions than they were since it was an informational interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for an internship after seeing it on a job board online. I met with five different senior employees in the department I applied to work in. They all asked me very similar questions, very monotonous. Everyone was very friendly and casual. After the interview I heard crickets. I e-mailed them a few weeks later thinking they forgot, and they quickly responded offering me the position. Makes me wonder if I never e-mailed them back to remind them I was interested, would they have offered me the position?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cramer-Krasselt? What kinds of organizations or leadership roles were you involved in during college?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C-K.

Interview

Interview with HR, then interview with 4 people in one day. I liked the interview process but each interviewer has a sheet with questions that they have to ask, and it seems odd to go down a list. It should be more of a conversation and not required questions. I understand specific questions need to be asked but have them memorized don't look at a list.

Media Planner and Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Chatted with one person on the phone who coordinated in person meetings with 4 different people. The entire interview process lasted about 2 hours. Some asked a lot of questions. Other just wanted to talk and get to know who you were as an individual.

Vice President Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was an informal meeting with the VP Account Director, and then HR. She was about 20 minutes late, and I didn't leave with a great sense of what it would be like to work at the agency. I also wasn't asked very many questions that have me the opportunity to share my expertise/ applicable experience. Wished for more, but it wasn't necessarily a negative experience.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I got an interview because I knew a C level executive. Two interview process. The interviews were a week apart, and each interview was 1+ hr. long. During the interview, I met one-on-one with four separate team members (eight people total) ranging from former interns to senior level employees. Even though I got a good sense of the department's dynamic and culture, I found meeting with eight different people to be a bit redundant since each person asked me the exact same questions. Questions were standard, "Tell me about [previous job]," "What kind of experience do you have with [skill/job function]?" etc. Everyone also asked me why I wanted to work in advertising/PR, and what initially drew me to the industry. Overall, everyone was very polite and the offices are really cool. The one thing that didn't sit well with me though was when one person made some backhanded jokes about my former employer being 'lame.' Very unprofessional in my opinion. After the second interview, I did not hear from them for three weeks. I sent them a follow up email, and the next day they responded that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• "What initially drew you to the Ad/PR industry?" "Why do you want to work in the Ad/PR industry?"   Answer Question

Media Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C-K in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really long. At one point I said to a friend of mine, you would think I'm interviewing for a VP position. I went through a recruiter and then sent in my resume. About a week later I went in for three interviews. One with HR and two then with media team members. I then went back back in for two more interviews and another phone interview. The interviews weren't tough at all, I just met with entirely too many people. Then on my first day, my immediate boss and group director are two people I never interviewed with.

Negotiation

Was pretty simple. I stated my wants and then they were met

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

My initial communications with C-K happened due to an inquiry that I sent to the company. I was then contacted by them and brought in for an informational interview. The interviewer looked at my book, and we spoke for a little bit and a week later I was brought in for another interview with the person in charge of the interns. This interview was shorter, just looked quickly through my book, chatted for a bit and I was on my way. Within the next week or so I was notified via email that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• My interview was quite some time ago now. Mostly it was a conversation. Back and forth talking about what it was like to work here, what my skills were, my experience, what they do here, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because I was taking an internship position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I met with a member of the team through a mutual connection just to talk about the business and C-K as a company. At the end she mentioned they were looking for an intern for the summer and asked if I would be interested. She forwarded my resume to the department head and a few weeks later I was emailed about setting up an interview. I went in, met with a senior Account Executive then a VP. During both meetings we talked about my previous experience, thoughts on the department/industry and what I would look to get from the experience. About 5 days later I received a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What would my dream account be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could negotiate hours and start date to some extent but i chose as soon as possible for as long as possible. They are pretty flexible though.

Account Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

I knew one of the VP's of account management who set up my interview for me, I didn't even need my resume, they had my linkedin page already printed when I got there. Overall the interview was very pleasant and straight forward. It definitely helps when you know someone just to get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Based on all of your experience, do you think you will be bored as an intern?   Answer Question