C&D Zodiac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.2

Prototype Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Santa Maria, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Tour of the production line and the engineer manager explained each working part ther -- in person interview with one of engineer managers--then in personal interview with a HR manager

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Santa Maria, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got call within 2 weeks did general HR interview then one week later interview with Hiring Manager. Was asked to come in for on site interview during interview. HR sent letter stating I was invited for an interview, and gave my dates of availability and time. HR then began a series of stall tactics telling me my travel needed to be signed off by the CEO who was on vacation and she would have to wait. Although I thought this was odd, I waited, touched base a few times. Received email from HR that they had hired someone else while stringing me along for several weeks about an on site interview. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• Primarily about experience on my resume. Was told they might be interested for a higher level position as well.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First HR will contact you with a phone interview, then 2nd call to setting up the interview, (took 1 week after the initial call) At the interview, there's a 4 part CATIA test with 1 hr time limit. Part 1 consist of part modeling, mating it in assembly, and draw that part you modeled.(I only finish part1) I was told there's surfacing too, but I didn't get to see the other 3 parts.. Follow up by a 1 on 1 interview. Consist of 90% technical question & "how much are u expecting to get pay?" at the very end. Worst interview EVER... I wish i was given a warning...

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Very structured and professional. Asked challenging questions, and gave me ample time to add some more info on myself and ask questions of my own. They were personable and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What are five words that you can choose that each describe you best.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on experience and got what I was asking for.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Santa Maria, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I was called for an interview. I was unable to make it to that interview appointment and the employer was kind enough to reschedule the interview to the following week when I called and reported my situation on the day of the interview. The interview itself was a realistic job preview, including the history of C&D Zodiac, their current situation, job duties, time requirements, and a tour of the facility. I was informed of the hiring process and the length of time likely before the company would schedule second interviews, including the notification process. I have not yet completed the hiring process and I do not yet know if I will be called back for a second interview. Accordingly, the answer to the offer question below may change.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked many questions, and cannot remember a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Marysville, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call with a very brief phone interview of less than 15 minutes. Went in for first interview with lead of potential team, not impressed. I was told I would be expected to work 10-12 hours, 6 days per week because the company was going through an upgrade to their system. The interviewer could not answer all of my questions regarding the change of system or benefits that a new hire could be eligible for. I did however receive a second interview with the director 1 week later. Again not impressed. I was on time he was late. We met in a classroom, not professional at all. His interview questions seemed to relate to my current job more than what I could bring to his team. He also asked me repeatedly if I had questions for him and was unable to answer all the questions I posed. He seemed nonplussed when I mentioned I was looking for growth in the job and advancement. I never received another email or call from the company, not even a “Thank you, but we have chosen other candidates at this time” which wouldn’t take more than a single email.

Stress Engineer Interview

Interview

The Interview process was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations - below avg pay.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Ontario, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was last minute. Threw together in 1 day, I had to review all the questions as well get ready for a 2 hr interview. Interview process asked questions FAR outside what is required. In the end they liked me, but stated that needed to hire another person in place. That was nearly 6 weeks ago with zero return in calls or update. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS LOCATION.

Interview Questions

• Asking about marriage status, previous employment status details.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac.

Interview

one interview. Met four people, different capacities.

Negotiation

non negotiable

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&D Zodiac (Cypress, CA).

Interview

Lame..very lame!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes by $4000