C&S Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Kapolei, HI

The process took a day - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had received a phone call from the HR manager regarding my resume & application submission via the C&S Wholesale Grocers website. I was asked if I would be able to go to their offices for an interview with the HR manager and Vice President. When I agreed, I received an e-mail with directions to the office. The office is easy to find and located in the industrial area of Kapolei. The Hawaii office operates as Hawaii Logistics LLC. When you enter, there is a receptionist in a booth. And as a visitor you are asked to use the phone to dial the extension of the person you are meeting with and sign-in on the sheet. The office is very secure. The HR manager met with me and escorted me a flight of stairs to the office area. It was very quiet. The interview was conducted in the Vice President's office. As I mentioned earlier, I was interviewed by the VP and HR manager. The first question asked, I believe was, "Tell me about yourself..." The following questions were also asked (not in the exact verbiage, nor in the exact order):
- HR Manager: Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how was it handled.
- VP: What is your greatest strength?
- VP: What is your greatest weakness?
- VP: If asked, what 3 things would your previous supervisor say about you?
- HR Manager: I was also asked a question on how I would handle a situation with regard to a client requesting for a last minute order to be completed ASAP, but I would receive push back from the warehouse.
- VP: Would you feel comfortable going into my calendar to schedule an appointment? Or would you have to ask me?
- VP: I was asked about my computer skills because they were looking for someone who had strong Microsoft Office programs, most especially Excel and Outlook
- VP: When will you be able to start? They were looking for someone to start ASAP.
They did explain what was expected of the position and emphasized that they needed someone who would handle all types of individuals (from high-level executives to everyday workers in the warehouse). They discussed salary and what the position would be starting at.
I asked VP and HR Manager questions about the company (future growth, current success, etc), what they looked for in a successful candidate. I also asked what the next steps would be. They said they were going to have a few more interviews that week and would contact the candidates by the end of the week via mail or e-mail. I thought the interview went well and waited to hear from them.

The end of the week came along and I had sent a follow-up e-mail to the HR manager to see what my status was as far as being considered for the position. Well it has been over a week since my e-mail and 2 weeks since my interview. I NEVER received a response to my e-mail, nor have I received one of those generic e-mails / mails regarding not being considered for the position. No hard feelings really, but the HR Manager could have at least respond to my e-mail with a simple statement. I thought that was a tad unprofessional on the company's part. By the way, I checked the company's website and the position is still posted. It's even posted here on glassdoor.com. I wonder if they hired anyone... we will never know.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Worked for C&S Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!