C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.3

Buyer's Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview the very next day. I was excited, so I spent the time before the interview researching the company and preparing. I went in for the interview and met with two buyers. These buyers clearly had no interview experience. They only asked me one question "tell me about yourself" and then just told me about the job. They didn't do a very good job "selling" the job- they made it out to be quite boring. I remember one guy saying "yeah that's about it- not too hard." Like way to make me feel challenged! The whole interview was only about 15 minutes and I didn't feel I got much out of it. I did like the pay rate, so I was looking forward to a call back. They told me I would hear back by the end of the week to discuss if I was to move forward. It's been about 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I realize they passed on me, but come on, I spent time meeting with you people at least shoot me a one line e-mail rejecting me. It's rude to not even follow up with those you interviewed. At my current job, I hire and I always follow up with my applicants. C&S seems to not care about its applicants.

Swell Process & Reclaimation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Had Typical Phone interview in Beginning of April. Went well and was told hopeful to get in for in person interview the next week. Well, never got contacted again till I emailed them two weeks later. Continually got told some standard BS answer and I had to contact them every week until I finally got answer today (June 8th) that the position was filled. Completely unprofessional way of doing business with no respect to the interviewer.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional. There were three interviews in a row. It was a long process, but the interviewers were great and made it painless. They really gave the impression that they cared about the quality of person that they chose to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one person, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would it be?   1 Answer

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Westfield, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple training supervisor was my interviewer asked basic interview questions very informal for an interview if they like you after the interview they will call you directly into HR for hire. Whole process of getting hired took about a week starting with initial tour of facility to my date of hire.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about C & S? Have you ever held a job with a commission or incentive pay ?   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Plant City, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview and questions. Nothing too difficult. Very easy to answer the questions. Panel interview with more than one person after the warehouse tour. Overall not a bad interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

People were extremely friendly and the whole process was easy. They were very accommodating towards travel and took care of everything. I first had a one on one interview at my college campus, where the college recruiter was a delight. It was a very behavioral based interview and it was more like a conversation. The next and final found was at the company itself and consisted of a series of interviews with pairs of people. This was more intimidating and a little more serious than just a conversation.

Dairy Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

I had a very uncomfortable "first round" video interview with C&S. The online interview is a video that is recorded of your self answering simple questions, which was not uncomfortable. Looking at myself answering question gave me a very unsettling feeling, I am not a actor so looking at myself while answering questions made me feel extremely insecure during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was asked during the video interview   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in January 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to them for either a contract recruiter role or a permanent HR role as I am qualified for both. I was contacted by an HR Assistant who said she was going to coordinate my "Little interview" (Exact words)... I was scheduled for a face to face on a Tuesday, emailed the assistant to ask if we could push out my interview an hour or two as we faced a huge blizzard that day. She responded back that the position on HOLD and they would be in touch. I followed up with an email later that week to the head of the recruiting department and never heard back from anyone. So if my phone interview went well enough to bring me in w/in a few days - then I ask to move it out an hour, then you say the position may be on hold?! Smells funny to me.... very unprofessional and after my experience w/the hiring team at C&S I would NOT recommend...

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

its straight to the point to see if you are a hard worker can you do the job do you have any ware house experience we will train you to drive our machine

General Office Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brattleboro, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Brattleboro, VT).

Interview

Participated in a one-way video interview about 9 days ago and have yet to get a response (though I felt it went well and hope to get one eventually). Interview questions (9 total) were for such a simple position, so they were not very difficult. Be prepared to have questions about specific times when you have had difficulty dealing with a deadline, manager, etc. You have 30 seconds to prepare for your answer once you see the question. They are basically trying to see how you think on your feet - they also asked about what you would do if you couldn't meet a deadline or what you would do if a teammate wasn't delivering, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions was perhaps when they asked what it takes to most effectively manage me as an employee. I think I was prepared in all ways except this one, but ended up thinking of some pretty useful answers. Something like: positive or negative feedback is appreciated (because no one wants to get fired for something they could have changed if they had only known), and reasonably comfortable interaction/friendly environment, etc.   Answer Question