C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.5

Associate Buyer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Was contacted though Linkden and had a phone conversation with a HR manager to explain the job role. Didn't get into much detail once I said I wasn't interested in moving right away.

Interview Questions

It was out of state. They have centralized buying, which I don't find as efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Contacted for phone interview and was asked if I would like to interview for 2 positions. I went on 5 separate interviews which seemed to be going great. I was told I would be contacted by end of week almost a month ago. Never heard a word, even my email went ignored. After 5 interviews I should at least be told I did not get job if anything.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly easy, mostly about your experience.   View Answer

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

The hiring process is the easy part. If you can get your foot in the door, the thing you have to prove is if you can do it. And this is something you should strive to prove to yourself, not the supervisors. that way, it will shine though. they will acknowledge you if you're good at it. the interview is the same. but its also a walk-through. this way you could determine for yourself if you're capable of handling the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2014.

Phone interview from a friendly person in HR. I was asked a number of questions about my background, experiences, and skills. The interview felt more like a placement interview than a filtering interview, though that may have been just the skill of the interviewer since I was not offered a job in the end. She was careful to ask me about what things I would be interested to do, describe the job in great detail, and tell me about things like salary, company environment, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. Everything was a question I had heard before from somewhere else. All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in April 2014.

I had a phone interview first for this entry level position, then an in-person interview with the woman who would be my boss, then another second-round interview with the Director. They offered me the job at a hilariously low salary, one that was $10,000 lower than the industry average for this type of position (and I spent weeks researching this) I made a counter offer that was $3,500 higher than their original figure, and they basically told me they had plenty of other recent college grad candidates who would be thrilled to work for what they were offering, and then they rescinded my offer. Bottom line-terrible company who knows college kids are desperate for jobs. HR was also extremely unprofessional; not returning emails or phone calls and waited a week and a half to get back to me after they said they would call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a lot of friends? (yes, they really asked me this.)   Answer Question

clearly this company doesn't care about getting quality employees and just wants to find people that are willing to work for way less that what they are worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in February 2014.

-Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
    -Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question
    I was happy with my offer.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in October 2013.

Horrible experience! The recruiter (Judy/Julie?) gave me such an unrealistic job description - it is the reason I didn't get the job. HR covered for her but operations thought I was a complete idiot. It was obvious they thought I did no research on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Don't ask the recruiter ANYTHING! She will cover for her lack of knowledge by MAKING UP LIES about the job and schedule.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2013.

There are 3 interview steps. First Drug test etc. 2nd interview with HR. And 3rd Interview with manager. Always be possitive show them that you need the job that is the best company.

Interview Questions
    Take the only offer they give you and don't ask about other positions at least while you are in training.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Applied internally and spoke with two managers and the exec. The team is constantly growing in defining what areas we are analyzing and improving our audit methods. Fairly relaxed culture, plenty of time and room for freedom in what to work on. The team focuses on operations/warehouse audits, but has many ad-hoc audit requests from finance, buying side, etc.

Did not negotiate