C&S Wholesale Grocers

2.4

General Office Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brattleboro, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brattleboro, VT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Participated in a one-way video interview about 9 days ago and have yet to get a response (though I felt it went well and hope to get one eventually). Interview questions (9 total) were for such a simple position, so they were not very difficult. Be prepared to have questions about specific times when you have had difficulty dealing with a deadline, manager, etc. You have 30 seconds to prepare for your answer once you see the question. They are basically trying to see how you think on your feet - they also asked about what you would do if you couldn't meet a deadline or what you would do if a teammate wasn't delivering, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was perhaps when they asked what it takes to most effectively manage me as an employee. I think I was prepared in all ways except this one, but ended up thinking of some pretty useful answers. Something like: positive or negative feedback is appreciated (because no one wants to get fired for something they could have changed if they had only known), and reasonably comfortable interaction/friendly environment, etc.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in December 2014.

Applied on Monday and got a phone interview on Thursday 1st official interview Following weds invited back for 2nd interview next morning interviewer made it seem as if he thought job was not for women like we aren't capable if physical work even though I am fully capable and worked for fedex as an unloaded and loader for a long time. . No third interview and no call yet I personally think I was i overlooked due to being female.. great pay and benefits but people there need to open their eyes much wider

Interview Questions
    • What would you improve about yourself that would make you a better employee or co worker   View Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2014.

I applyied online and within three days recieved a phone call that was to set up a phone interview. The phone Call from came from the main hub in NH to set apptointment for Phone call interview. Set time of Day @ 2pm on the dot as set up recived call interview.

Interview Questions
    • About my health due to being on S.S.D.I ( Social Security Disability)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2014.

Completed the online interview which was very user friendly. I anticipated that it was going to be more difficult than it was, the questions were straight forward and not tricky at all.

Associate Buyer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Was contacted though Linkden and had a phone conversation with a HR manager to explain the job role. Didn't get into much detail once I said I wasn't interested in moving right away.

Interview Questions

It was out of state. They have centralized buying, which I don't find as efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Contacted for phone interview and was asked if I would like to interview for 2 positions. I went on 5 separate interviews which seemed to be going great. I was told I would be contacted by end of week almost a month ago. Never heard a word, even my email went ignored. After 5 interviews I should at least be told I did not get job if anything.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly easy, mostly about your experience.   View Answer

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

The hiring process is the easy part. If you can get your foot in the door, the thing you have to prove is if you can do it. And this is something you should strive to prove to yourself, not the supervisors. that way, it will shine though. they will acknowledge you if you're good at it. the interview is the same. but its also a walk-through. this way you could determine for yourself if you're capable of handling the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2014.

Phone interview from a friendly person in HR. I was asked a number of questions about my background, experiences, and skills. The interview felt more like a placement interview than a filtering interview, though that may have been just the skill of the interviewer since I was not offered a job in the end. She was careful to ask me about what things I would be interested to do, describe the job in great detail, and tell me about things like salary, company environment, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. Everything was a question I had heard before from somewhere else. All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in April 2014.

I had a phone interview first for this entry level position, then an in-person interview with the woman who would be my boss, then another second-round interview with the Director. They offered me the job at a hilariously low salary, one that was $10,000 lower than the industry average for this type of position (and I spent weeks researching this) I made a counter offer that was $3,500 higher than their original figure, and they basically told me they had plenty of other recent college grad candidates who would be thrilled to work for what they were offering, and then they rescinded my offer. Bottom line-terrible company who knows college kids are desperate for jobs. HR was also extremely unprofessional; not returning emails or phone calls and waited a week and a half to get back to me after they said they would call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a lot of friends? (yes, they really asked me this.)   Answer Question

clearly this company doesn't care about getting quality employees and just wants to find people that are willing to work for way less that what they are worth.