C&S Wholesale Grocers

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

People were extremely friendly and the whole process was easy. They were very accommodating towards travel and took care of everything. I first had a one on one interview at my college campus, where the college recruiter was a delight. It was a very behavioral based interview and it was more like a conversation. The next and final found was at the company itself and consisted of a series of interviews with pairs of people. This was more intimidating and a little more serious than just a conversation.

Dairy Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

I had a very uncomfortable "first round" video interview with C&S. The online interview is a video that is recorded of your self answering simple questions, which was not uncomfortable. Looking at myself answering question gave me a very unsettling feeling, I am not a actor so looking at myself while answering questions made me feel extremely insecure during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult was asked during the video interview   Answer Question

General Office Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brattleboro, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Brattleboro, VT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Participated in a one-way video interview about 9 days ago and have yet to get a response (though I felt it went well and hope to get one eventually). Interview questions (9 total) were for such a simple position, so they were not very difficult. Be prepared to have questions about specific times when you have had difficulty dealing with a deadline, manager, etc. You have 30 seconds to prepare for your answer once you see the question. They are basically trying to see how you think on your feet - they also asked about what you would do if you couldn't meet a deadline or what you would do if a teammate wasn't delivering, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was perhaps when they asked what it takes to most effectively manage me as an employee. I think I was prepared in all ways except this one, but ended up thinking of some pretty useful answers. Something like: positive or negative feedback is appreciated (because no one wants to get fired for something they could have changed if they had only known), and reasonably comfortable interaction/friendly environment, etc.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in December 2014.

Applied on Monday and got a phone interview on Thursday 1st official interview Following weds invited back for 2nd interview next morning interviewer made it seem as if he thought job was not for women like we aren't capable if physical work even though I am fully capable and worked for fedex as an unloaded and loader for a long time. . No third interview and no call yet I personally think I was i overlooked due to being female.. great pay and benefits but people there need to open their eyes much wider

Interview Questions
    • What would you improve about yourself that would make you a better employee or co worker   View Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2014.

I applyied online and within three days recieved a phone call that was to set up a phone interview. The phone Call from came from the main hub in NH to set apptointment for Phone call interview. Set time of Day @ 2pm on the dot as set up recived call interview.

Interview Questions
    • About my health due to being on S.S.D.I ( Social Security Disability)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2014.

Completed the online interview which was very user friendly. I anticipated that it was going to be more difficult than it was, the questions were straight forward and not tricky at all.

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Contacted for phone interview and was asked if I would like to interview for 2 positions. I went on 5 separate interviews which seemed to be going great. I was told I would be contacted by end of week almost a month ago. Never heard a word, even my email went ignored. After 5 interviews I should at least be told I did not get job if anything.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly easy, mostly about your experience.   View Answer

Associate Buyer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2014.

Was contacted though Linkden and had a phone conversation with a HR manager to explain the job role. Didn't get into much detail once I said I wasn't interested in moving right away.

Interview Questions

It was out of state. They have centralized buying, which I don't find as efficient.

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

The hiring process is the easy part. If you can get your foot in the door, the thing you have to prove is if you can do it. And this is something you should strive to prove to yourself, not the supervisors. that way, it will shine though. they will acknowledge you if you're good at it. the interview is the same. but its also a walk-through. this way you could determine for yourself if you're capable of handling the work.