C&S Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.3

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Kapolei, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on the C&S website after seeing an open position on Indeed. I received a call a week later from the HR rep, spoke with me briefly regarding the job description of Warehouse Selector and scheduled me for an interview the following day. The interview went great. The HR Rep read her questions off her script, answered them honestly and also got to get in a little small talk. After the first interview I was then scheduled for a second interview with the Warehouse Manager the same day. Came in a couple hours later, got a tour of the warehouse and a brief rundown of their daily operations. Both interviews went great, and I received a call the following day with an offer. To include, I had no warehouse experience which I came to learn is actually preferred.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you and how do you apply it in every day life?   Answer Question

Print Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brattleboro, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Brattleboro, VT) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume online and waited for a response. Nineteen days later, got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Interview scheduled for eight days later. Interview lasted about twenty minutes. Who C&S is, what they do and who their customers are. Based in NH, but they even have customers in Hawaii. Brief discussion of shop, jobs, duties.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? How long have you worked in this field? What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Buyer's Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview the very next day. I was excited, so I spent the time before the interview researching the company and preparing. I went in for the interview and met with two buyers. These buyers clearly had no interview experience. They only asked me one question "tell me about yourself" and then just told me about the job. They didn't do a very good job "selling" the job- they made it out to be quite boring. I remember one guy saying "yeah that's about it- not too hard." Like way to make me feel challenged! The whole interview was only about 15 minutes and I didn't feel I got much out of it. I did like the pay rate, so I was looking forward to a call back. They told me I would hear back by the end of the week to discuss if I was to move forward. It's been about 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I realize they passed on me, but come on, I spent time meeting with you people at least shoot me a one line e-mail rejecting me. It's rude to not even follow up with those you interviewed. At my current job, I hire and I always follow up with my applicants. C&S seems to not care about its applicants.

Swell Process & Reclaimation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Had Typical Phone interview in Beginning of April. Went well and was told hopeful to get in for in person interview the next week. Well, never got contacted again till I emailed them two weeks later. Continually got told some standard BS answer and I had to contact them every week until I finally got answer today (June 8th) that the position was filled. Completely unprofessional way of doing business with no respect to the interviewer.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional. There were three interviews in a row. It was a long process, but the interviewers were great and made it painless. They really gave the impression that they cared about the quality of person that they chose to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one person, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would it be?   1 Answer

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Westfield, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple training supervisor was my interviewer asked basic interview questions very informal for an interview if they like you after the interview they will call you directly into HR for hire. Whole process of getting hired took about a week starting with initial tour of facility to my date of hire.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about C & S? Have you ever held a job with a commission or incentive pay ?   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers (Plant City, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview and questions. Nothing too difficult. Very easy to answer the questions. Panel interview with more than one person after the warehouse tour. Overall not a bad interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

People were extremely friendly and the whole process was easy. They were very accommodating towards travel and took care of everything. I first had a one on one interview at my college campus, where the college recruiter was a delight. It was a very behavioral based interview and it was more like a conversation. The next and final found was at the company itself and consisted of a series of interviews with pairs of people. This was more intimidating and a little more serious than just a conversation.

Dairy Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

I had a very uncomfortable "first round" video interview with C&S. The online interview is a video that is recorded of your self answering simple questions, which was not uncomfortable. Looking at myself answering question gave me a very unsettling feeling, I am not a actor so looking at myself while answering questions made me feel extremely insecure during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was asked during the video interview   Answer Question

Recruiter Or Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in January 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to them for either a contract recruiter role or a permanent HR role as I am qualified for both. I was contacted by an HR Assistant who said she was going to coordinate my "Little interview" (Exact words)... I was scheduled for a face to face on a Tuesday, emailed the assistant to ask if we could push out my interview an hour or two as we faced a huge blizzard that day. She responded back that the position on HOLD and they would be in touch. I followed up with an email later that week to the head of the recruiting department and never heard back from anyone. So if my phone interview went well enough to bring me in w/in a few days - then I ask to move it out an hour, then you say the position may be on hold?! Smells funny to me.... very unprofessional and after my experience w/the hiring team at C&S I would NOT recommend...