C&S Wholesale Grocers

2.4

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in April 2014.

I had a phone interview first for this entry level position, then an in-person interview with the woman who would be my boss, then another second-round interview with the Director. They offered me the job at a hilariously low salary, one that was $10,000 lower than the industry average for this type of position (and I spent weeks researching this) I made a counter offer that was $3,500 higher than their original figure, and they basically told me they had plenty of other recent college grad candidates who would be thrilled to work for what they were offering, and then they rescinded my offer. Bottom line-terrible company who knows college kids are desperate for jobs. HR was also extremely unprofessional; not returning emails or phone calls and waited a week and a half to get back to me after they said they would call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a lot of friends? (yes, they really asked me this.)   Answer Question

clearly this company doesn't care about getting quality employees and just wants to find people that are willing to work for way less that what they are worth.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in February 2014.

-Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
    -Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question
    I was happy with my offer.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in October 2013.

Horrible experience! The recruiter (Judy/Julie?) gave me such an unrealistic job description - it is the reason I didn't get the job. HR covered for her but operations thought I was a complete idiot. It was obvious they thought I did no research on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Don't ask the recruiter ANYTHING! She will cover for her lack of knowledge by MAKING UP LIES about the job and schedule.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2013.

There are 3 interview steps. First Drug test etc. 2nd interview with HR. And 3rd Interview with manager. Always be possitive show them that you need the job that is the best company.

Interview Questions
    Take the only offer they give you and don't ask about other positions at least while you are in training.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Applied internally and spoke with two managers and the exec. The team is constantly growing in defining what areas we are analyzing and improving our audit methods. Fairly relaxed culture, plenty of time and room for freedom in what to work on. The team focuses on operations/warehouse audits, but has many ad-hoc audit requests from finance, buying side, etc.

Did not negotiate

Business Analyst Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Met with a recruiter at an on-campus event. Followed up with a phone interview that was basically behavioral and walked through my resume. Then, got flown out to their headquarters for a full day of interviews. One round was a case, one round was behavioral, and the last round was also behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2013.

I connected with a Sr Recruiter by one of our mutual connections on Linkedin who introduce us. I talked with the Sr Recruiter a few days later by scheduled call and was invited onsite a few days later

Very quick - transparent - they answered all my questions

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Campus Recruiting - consists of on campus interview and then a possible callback to the main site in Keene ~ on campus interview consisted of a bunch of typical behavioral questions. On site interview, consists of more behavioral questions and a scenario question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an abstract problem you faced and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2012.

Interviewing process was quick once you recive the first call. It can take a bit of time from when you apply to actually speaking to someone on the phone or in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are behavior based to see how you think on your feet, how and if you can solve problems and general background/experience questions.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation. I would try but they have their set guidelines as to what they will offer/pay.

Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in September 2012.

Submitted a resume, a recuriter called to set up an interview, and since I lived outside the commute area, an intial phone interview was set up. Basic quesitons were aksed, and it was readily apparent the recruiter was new, and had no in depth knowledge of the postion he was recrutiing for