C&S Wholesale Grocers

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2014.

Completed the online interview which was very user friendly. I anticipated that it was going to be more difficult than it was, the questions were straight forward and not tricky at all.

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2014.

Phone interview from a friendly person in HR. I was asked a number of questions about my background, experiences, and skills. The interview felt more like a placement interview than a filtering interview, though that may have been just the skill of the interviewer since I was not offered a job in the end. She was careful to ask me about what things I would be interested to do, describe the job in great detail, and tell me about things like salary, company environment, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. Everything was a question I had heard before from somewhere else. All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in February 2014.

-Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
    -Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question
    I was happy with my offer.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Applied internally and spoke with two managers and the exec. The team is constantly growing in defining what areas we are analyzing and improving our audit methods. Fairly relaxed culture, plenty of time and room for freedom in what to work on. The team focuses on operations/warehouse audits, but has many ad-hoc audit requests from finance, buying side, etc.

Did not negotiate

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in March 2013.

I connected with a Sr Recruiter by one of our mutual connections on Linkedin who introduce us. I talked with the Sr Recruiter a few days later by scheduled call and was invited onsite a few days later

Very quick - transparent - they answered all my questions

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers.

Campus Recruiting - consists of on campus interview and then a possible callback to the main site in Keene ~ on campus interview consisted of a bunch of typical behavioral questions. On site interview, consists of more behavioral questions and a scenario question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an abstract problem you faced and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2012.

Interviewing process was quick once you recive the first call. It can take a bit of time from when you apply to actually speaking to someone on the phone or in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are behavior based to see how you think on your feet, how and if you can solve problems and general background/experience questions.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation. I would try but they have their set guidelines as to what they will offer/pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in November 2011.

Talked to a recruiter at Career Fair on campus - gave him my resume and was asked for on-campus interview. Completed campus interview and invited to on-site interview in Keene.

Flown into Hartford airport and rented car to drive to Keene. The night before interviews there will be a dinner with current BAs to talk about the experience (they say that it has no bearing on the interview process, but that's not wholly true). The next day you will go to a house near the corporate headquarters and have 3 one-on-one or two-on-one interviews, after which you will tour the corporate HQ and then drive to one of their warehouses to tour.

I received my offer ~1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Question in on-campus interview question (about Senior Design experience):

"Why is it optimal to place fast-moving SKUs nearest to the doors?"

Everything else in all interview stages was behavioral, all standard interview questions.

View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They will not budge on their offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in May 2010.

HR usually takes a while to organize interviews, be patient. Once you get through the phone screen, most questions would be about your resume and work.

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation opportunity, but worth trying.