C&S Wholesale Grocers

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at C&S Wholesale Grocers in August 2012.

First Spoke with a human resource manager at a job fair who scheduled the interview for later in the afternoon. Upon arriving at the gates the security officer told me that they didn't have me on the list for interviews. I showed him the card that was given to me and he said that he couldn't let me in if I wasn't on the list. He wouldn't even call the office. Luckily the woman from the job fair drove by at the time and told him she had forgotten to add me and he let me in.
I had to wait over an hour for the interview to begin. While I was waiting I was able to observe many employees come into the office and express there concerns. Everyone was given a chance to speak with a manager without needing to give any advance notice, and the managers seemed genuinely concerned with helping them. I first talked to the human resource manager and then to the shift manager. Both were professional but unapologetic about the long wait.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to remember three random words at the beginning of the interview. About a half hour later I was Asked what those three words were.   View Answer