C&S Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Rotational Interview

Entry Level Rotational
Keene, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at C&S Wholesale.

Interview Details – Did an in person interview first at my university through recruiting, then was offered to travel to the company to interview there in a full day interview. Overall experience was great. I felt like the questions weren't that hard if you were qualified for the job and are interested in the position.

Interview Question – The case study. It wasn't really difficult, but I didn't really expect it. They just want to hear your thought process through the entire thing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Selector Interview

Selector
Aberdeen, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at C&S Wholesale.

Interview Details – The hiring process is the easy part. If you can get your foot in the door, the thing you have to prove is if you can do it. And this is something you should strive to prove to yourself, not the supervisors. that way, it will shine though. they will acknowledge you if you're good at it. the interview is the same. but its also a walk-through. this way you could determine for yourself if you're capable of handling the work.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Hatfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first for this entry level position, then an in-person interview with the woman who would be my boss, then another second-round interview with the Director. They offered me the job at a hilariously low salary, one that was $10,000 lower than the industry average for this type of position (and I spent weeks researching this) I made a counter offer that was $3,500 higher than their original figure, and they basically told me they had plenty of other recent college grad candidates who would be thrilled to work for what they were offering, and then they rescinded my offer. Bottom line-terrible company who knows college kids are desperate for jobs. HR was also extremely unprofessional; not returning emails or phone calls and waited a week and a half to get back to me after they said they would call the next day.

Interview Question – Do you have a lot of friends? (yes, they really asked me this.)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – clearly this company doesn't care about getting quality employees and just wants to find people that are willing to work for way less that what they are worth.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Keene, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in March 2013.

Interview Details – I connected with a Sr Recruiter by one of our mutual connections on Linkedin who introduce us. I talked with the Sr Recruiter a few days later by scheduled call and was invited onsite a few days later

Interview Question – none that i can think of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick - transparent - they answered all my questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Keene, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in November 2011.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at Career Fair on campus - gave him my resume and was asked for on-campus interview. Completed campus interview and invited to on-site interview in Keene.

Flown into Hartford airport and rented car to drive to Keene. The night before interviews there will be a dinner with current BAs to talk about the experience (they say that it has no bearing on the interview process, but that's not wholly true). The next day you will go to a house near the corporate headquarters and have 3 one-on-one or two-on-one interviews, after which you will tour the corporate HQ and then drive to one of their warehouses to tour.

I received my offer ~1 week later.

Interview Question – Question in on-campus interview question (about Senior Design experience):

"Why is it optimal to place fast-moving SKUs nearest to the doors?"

Everything else in all interview stages was behavioral, all standard interview questions.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They will not budge on their offer.

Shipping Clerk DSA Interview

Shipping Clerk DSA
Malden, MA

I interviewed at C&S Wholesale in June 2012.

Interview Details – Really simple interview, most people they hire for this position are inexperienced.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, i received the maximum dollar amount.

Associate Buyer Interview

Associate Buyer
Keene, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in February 2014.

Interview Details – -Basic phone interview with no abnormal questions.
-Received a call a day later for an in person interview. Interviewed a couple days later with two senior buyers. Normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Formal but relaxed.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just express interest in the company itself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with my offer.

Manager Interview

Manager
Keene, NH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was quick once you recive the first call. It can take a bit of time from when you apply to actually speaking to someone on the phone or in person.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are behavior based to see how you think on your feet, how and if you can solve problems and general background/experience questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation. I would try but they have their set guidelines as to what they will offer/pay.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Hartford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible experience! The recruiter (Judy/Julie?) gave me such an unrealistic job description - it is the reason I didn't get the job. HR covered for her but operations thought I was a complete idiot. It was obvious they thought I did no research on the company.

Interview Question – Don't ask the recruiter ANYTHING! She will cover for her lack of knowledge by MAKING UP LIES about the job and schedule.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Warehouse Selector
Suffield, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at C&S Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details – You can do walk-ins or Fill out an application on their website. HR calls you to setup the interview. Depending on your shift, it might be at 11:00pm. You check in with the security guards. Wait in small lobby room with a bunch of other applicants. The supervisor calls all of you in were you proceed to have a tour of the facility/warehouse area. Then you are individually called into a room where a supervisor asks questions about experience, available hours, etc. If they like you they will have you fill out another application and let you know when to come back for training.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult, they are very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's a flat rate for everyone that works that position

Worked for C&S Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!