C1 Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C1 Consulting (Summit, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Interview: mainly just questions about your resume (lasts about 30 mins)
    2) Skype Interview: 30 minute aptitude test (basic math, grammar, spelling) and a mini case study (shown a few powerpoint slides and asked to explain what they are saying)
    3) In-Person Interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting?
      What is your favorite and least favorite part of your current job?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C1 Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 Rounds of Interviews, the first two are simple one-on-one's with the second having been held online video after a brief online aptitude test. The third one is on-site, requires a writing sample, presentation, and case problem including the quick compilation and showing of a presentation with it.

Interview Questions

Offer was not extended in time for me to consider with others.

Experienced Consultant Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

(1) Phone interview for fit (2) Skype interview consisting of online skills assessment, case study and situational

The process was fine. Phone interview was good, I had a good sense of culture and fit with the firm. Phone interviewer has been with firm for 3 years and spoke compellingly about the firm. Second interview was so-so; interviewer was not very experienced in recruiting and not as well versed in expectations or work the role would fill.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Market cases relevant for pharma which were fun.   Answer Question

Consultant, Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

Interview process was strange with a required Skype interview even though I could have easily gone to the office. Interview questions were largely behavioral but also very skeptical of my ability. Interview process did not make clear the work expectations in terms of schedule. I made the mistake of assuming normal business hours. Huge mistake.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself unlucky?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go for the highest salary possible. They will squeeze every penny out of you and then more.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting in February 2015.

Interview

I had 20 mins of phone interview with C1 consulting. It was the standard interviewing and asking about what I have done during certain periods. Asked me to go through the resume and we talked about the company and their projects. I also had time to ask questions about the company.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

initial phone interview, then skype interview. Behavioral questions during phone interview, case interview during skype session. Phone interviewee was late to call but seemed nice. Skype interview went fairly well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting (Summit, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter in September 2014 on Linkedin. Went through the general motions over the next 2 months: informational phone screen, a Skype Interview (online standardized assessment and a short case), and finally an in-person interview (case studies, behavioral questions, presentation) on site, which included lunch with the whole NJ office. I found that very interesting and I felt very welcome. Company paid for overnight accommodations.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Multi-stage interview process consisting of preliminary phone screen with recruiter, online exam (very easy), phone case interview (market sizing), in person interview, and a meeting with managing director. There were generally a large number of touch-points. Case interviews were focused on pharmaceuticals and ability to read/interpret graphs. All in, I found the cases to be easier than some other firms. On site interview was in a rural suburb of NYC- not ideal for traveling to.

Overall, I found the Boston-based team to be great, but my process was split between Boston and other offices (and a third-party recruiter). I found the organization to be disorganized as a result.

Interview Questions

• A company is developing a sensor for bed sores during surgery. Size the market and decide if market-entry is a good idea for this company.   Answer Question
    • Prepare a writing sample and presentation on a current event in the healthcare market.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness (will probe for honesty)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting company on behalf of C1. After completion of my skills assessment and case interview, I received absolutely no communication from C1 or the recruiting agency despite multiple follow-ups for several weeks. It doesn't matter that they don't want to move forward, but I would appreciate a quick response. But, nothing. Horrible company to work for from what I have heard

Interview Questions

• Statistical question about p-values and hypothesis testing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiting firm a few weeks later. The firm set up a phone interview and then a Skype interview. The Skype interview took place a few weeks after the phone interview and consisted of a skills test, then viewing, interpreting, and correcting slides with various information on them. I also submitted a writing sample.

After passing the phone and Skype interviews, I was set up with an in-person interview where I was flown to Atlanta and met with all of the upper management in the office (two people). I then gave a presentation on my graduate school research. We had lunch and then I left. About a week later I was called by the branch owner with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about what I would do in a given scenario if I had to calculate x. I was also asked to think aloud about how I would approach answering an example question.   Answer Question