C1 Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C1 Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 Rounds of Interviews, the first two are simple one-on-one's with the second having been held online video after a brief online aptitude test. The third one is on-site, requires a writing sample, presentation, and case problem including the quick compilation and showing of a presentation with it.

Interview Questions

Offer was not extended in time for me to consider with others.

Consultant, Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

Interview process was strange with a required Skype interview even though I could have easily gone to the office. Interview questions were largely behavioral but also very skeptical of my ability. Interview process did not make clear the work expectations in terms of schedule. I made the mistake of assuming normal business hours. Huge mistake.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself unlucky?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go for the highest salary possible. They will squeeze every penny out of you and then more.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

initial phone interview, then skype interview. Behavioral questions during phone interview, case interview during skype session. Phone interviewee was late to call but seemed nice. Skype interview went fairly well

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting company on behalf of C1. After completion of my skills assessment and case interview, I received absolutely no communication from C1 or the recruiting agency despite multiple follow-ups for several weeks. It doesn't matter that they don't want to move forward, but I would appreciate a quick response. But, nothing. Horrible company to work for from what I have heard

Interview Questions

• Statistical question about p-values and hypothesis testing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiting firm a few weeks later. The firm set up a phone interview and then a Skype interview. The Skype interview took place a few weeks after the phone interview and consisted of a skills test, then viewing, interpreting, and correcting slides with various information on them. I also submitted a writing sample.

After passing the phone and Skype interviews, I was set up with an in-person interview where I was flown to Atlanta and met with all of the upper management in the office (two people). I then gave a presentation on my graduate school research. We had lunch and then I left. About a week later I was called by the branch owner with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about what I would do in a given scenario if I had to calculate x. I was also asked to think aloud about how I would approach answering an example question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

Consisted of phone interview and skpe call. Skype call also included IQ and skills test that took 30 minutes that you do not get to see the results of. Also on the skype call you have to explain two or three slides.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C1 Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by someone from a staffing agency. She didn't call on time. I wrote an email back and she called back 30 minutes later, saying there was something wrong with the computer connections... Not a very good impression.

Interview Questions

• Regular phone interview questions. Why interested in this company/position? Your skills/relevant experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was asked basic questions about my experiences and why I was interested in the company. I then had an hour and a half skype interview in which I did a 30 minute basic online math/ verbal assessment (chose the sentence with the correct grammar/ spelling). This was followed by a one hour interview with a consultant in which he again asked about my background and had me interpret two slides which he had presented to clients.

Interview Questions

• Take a few minutes to read the following slides and present the results.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

After sending in my application, someone from the HR department emailed to set up a 30-minute phone interview with a consultant in the office I was applying for. The phone interview was rescheduled because "something urgent came up" for the consultant I was going to speak with, which was all the explanation I got. After the phone interview, I was contacted by the same individual from HR to have a skype interview with a senior analyst. There was a skills test I had to take online before the skype interview, which was very easy and basic (similar to the old GRE questions, not difficult).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used a large set of data to answer a question.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting in November 2013.

Interview

I heard about C1 through a career fair listing though they did not physically attend our career fair. I submitted a cover letter/resume via their listed email. 3 Steps: Phone screen, Skype interview and in-office interview. I also had to submit unofficial transcripts and a writing sample before my in-office interview. Overall, the entire process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen asked typical behavioral questions like why consulting, why C1, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

The Skype interview was behavioral too but also had to take a test that measures basic math, grammar and attention to detail skills.

The in-office interview was about ~6 hours long with a behavioral component, case component, lunch and presentation component. The case was interesting and not a typical case interview. I was given a laptop with a case to analyze using Excel and make slides using PowerPoint. I had no idea how to use SPSS so did all my analysis in Excel. Overall, I felt that the case was a good example for the type of work they do. For my presentation, I just presented my thesis project.

Answer Question