C1 Consulting

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at C1 Consulting

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at C1 Consulting.

initial phone interview, then skype interview. Behavioral questions during phone interview, case interview during skype session. Phone interviewee was late to call but seemed nice. Skype interview went fairly well

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting in October 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiting company on behalf of C1. After completion of my skills assessment and case interview, I received absolutely no communication from C1 or the recruiting agency despite multiple follow-ups for several weeks. It doesn't matter that they don't want to move forward, but I would appreciate a quick response. But, nothing. Horrible company to work for from what I have heard

Interview Questions
    • Statistical question about p-values and hypothesis testing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting in July 2014.

Submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiting firm a few weeks later. The firm set up a phone interview and then a Skype interview. The Skype interview took place a few weeks after the phone interview and consisted of a skills test, then viewing, interpreting, and correcting slides with various information on them. I also submitted a writing sample.

After passing the phone and Skype interviews, I was set up with an in-person interview where I was flown to Atlanta and met with all of the upper management in the office (two people). I then gave a presentation on my graduate school research. We had lunch and then I left. About a week later I was called by the branch owner with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked various questions about what I would do in a given scenario if I had to calculate x. I was also asked to think aloud about how I would approach answering an example question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Consisted of phone interview and skpe call. Skype call also included IQ and skills test that took 30 minutes that you do not get to see the results of. Also on the skype call you have to explain two or three slides.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

Was interviewed by someone from a staffing agency. She didn't call on time. I wrote an email back and she called back 30 minutes later, saying there was something wrong with the computer connections... Not a very good impression.

Interview Questions
    • Regular phone interview questions. Why interested in this company/position? Your skills/relevant experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C1 Consulting.

I had a phone interview in which I was asked basic questions about my experiences and why I was interested in the company. I then had an hour and a half skype interview in which I did a 30 minute basic online math/ verbal assessment (chose the sentence with the correct grammar/ spelling). This was followed by a one hour interview with a consultant in which he again asked about my background and had me interpret two slides which he had presented to clients.

Interview Questions
    • Take a few minutes to read the following slides and present the results.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

After sending in my application, someone from the HR department emailed to set up a 30-minute phone interview with a consultant in the office I was applying for. The phone interview was rescheduled because "something urgent came up" for the consultant I was going to speak with, which was all the explanation I got. After the phone interview, I was contacted by the same individual from HR to have a skype interview with a senior analyst. There was a skills test I had to take online before the skype interview, which was very easy and basic (similar to the old GRE questions, not difficult).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used a large set of data to answer a question.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C1 Consulting in November 2013.

I heard about C1 through a career fair listing though they did not physically attend our career fair. I submitted a cover letter/resume via their listed email. 3 Steps: Phone screen, Skype interview and in-office interview. I also had to submit unofficial transcripts and a writing sample before my in-office interview. Overall, the entire process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • The phone screen asked typical behavioral questions like why consulting, why C1, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

The Skype interview was behavioral too but also had to take a test that measures basic math, grammar and attention to detail skills.

The in-office interview was about ~6 hours long with a behavioral component, case component, lunch and presentation component. The case was interesting and not a typical case interview. I was given a laptop with a case to analyze using Excel and make slides using PowerPoint. I had no idea how to use SPSS so did all my analysis in Excel. Overall, I felt that the case was a good example for the type of work they do. For my presentation, I just presented my thesis project.

Answer Question

SAS Analyst Interview

1st round was phone interview with a senior analyst in SF office, talking about details in resume, projects done (ask you to describe details of the projects), some personal preference about the job, working style, and handling projects (one or multiple). 2nd round was skype interview with another senior SAS analyst, a pure technical test for 45 min.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at C1 Consulting.

I met people from the company on the campus career fair. They emailed me maybe 2 weeks later and invited for a phone interview. They contacted me within a week and invited for a Skype interview that was about one hour long. Then I got an email that they will not be moving forward with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time you analyzed data to solve a problem.   Answer Question