C1 Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2014
Updated Jun 25, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at C1 Consulting

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Consisted of phone interview and skpe call. Skype call also included IQ and skills test that took 30 minutes that you do not get to see the results of. Also on the skype call you have to explain two or three slides.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Was interviewed by someone from a staffing agency. She didn't call on time. I wrote an email back and she called back 30 minutes later, saying there was something wrong with the computer connections... Not a very good impression.

Interview Questions
    • Regular phone interview questions. Why interested in this company/position? Your skills/relevant experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at C1 Consulting.

I had a phone interview in which I was asked basic questions about my experiences and why I was interested in the company. I then had an hour and a half skype interview in which I did a 30 minute basic online math/ verbal assessment (chose the sentence with the correct grammar/ spelling). This was followed by a one hour interview with a consultant in which he again asked about my background and had me interpret two slides which he had presented to clients.

Interview Questions
    • Take a few minutes to read the following slides and present the results.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at C1 Consulting.

After sending in my application, someone from the HR department emailed to set up a 30-minute phone interview with a consultant in the office I was applying for. The phone interview was rescheduled because "something urgent came up" for the consultant I was going to speak with, which was all the explanation I got. After the phone interview, I was contacted by the same individual from HR to have a skype interview with a senior analyst. There was a skills test I had to take online before the skype interview, which was very easy and basic (similar to the old GRE questions, not difficult).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used a large set of data to answer a question.   Answer Question

SAS Analyst Interview

1st round was phone interview with a senior analyst in SF office, talking about details in resume, projects done (ask you to describe details of the projects), some personal preference about the job, working style, and handling projects (one or multiple). 2nd round was skype interview with another senior SAS analyst, a pure technical test for 45 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at C1 Consulting.

I met people from the company on the campus career fair. They emailed me maybe 2 weeks later and invited for a phone interview. They contacted me within a week and invited for a Skype interview that was about one hour long. Then I got an email that they will not be moving forward with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time you analyzed data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at C1 Consulting in November 2012.

I only got the technical interview, it has a test about SAS. It wouldn't be that difficult if you actually use this software.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at C1 Consulting in November 2011.

This was a while back and I have since become employed, but I am hoping my review can help others. The initial interview was via phone. I was stood up for the original call until the HR person remembered to call me back. Upon passing the initial screening, I was given a paper (on some drug trial) and a standard homework assignment to write a report. Following that, there was a Skype interview, at which again, I was stood up before they finally rescheduled and called me again. This already left a bad taste in my mouth--if the company did not value an interviewer's time, one questions how they treat their employees.

I came onsite to the San Francisco office. I can't remember his name, but there was a senior consultant with a Ph.D. and he was a delight to speak with--honest and authentic. Beyond him, I did not really connect with the other employees. In addition to another one-to-one interviews, I had to complete a 1.5/2 hour timed test: use a template power point file to complete a presentation on yet another paper (pharmaceutical trials again). After giving that presentation, I gave a ~20 min talk on my previous scientific research.

The office had about 8 people total. I have the sense that most of the employees there were not very happy. The junior members seemed particularly nervous and jumpy. While the majority seemed to be easy to get along with, one of the office managers was constantly scowling and uninterested while I was presenting my research. I admit that this made me uncomfortable and probably deterred from my performance.

The job seems to require long hours, last minute calls, and a tolerance for a socially cold office climate. I had previously done research on the company before and the rumors that the consultants were rarely given enough training or guidance to do a good job are probably true.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize a project when the client has a long list of demands and you have only one night to deliver? (Not really difficult so much as I wonder if they are looking for someone who would sacrifice their personal life for the job.)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at C1 Consulting in March 2012.

Spoke with partner on the phone and established good reputation. Was then placed into the "formal" interviewing process. I received a phone call from the in-house recruiter for a skype meeting with another Sr. Consultant. Personality and fit skype interview, with online skills test against the clock. Skype interview was awkward but skills test was straight forward GMAT type questions.

The company seemed pretty disorganized however. Communication between the remote recruiter and partner did not translate into the same message. I received positive feedback from all and asked to come in-house. Abruptly, communication ended without followup.

All employees tele-work on Friday which was a positive for the firm culture.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about dealing with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C1 Consulting in October 2011.

Interview process consists of 3 steps: phone, Skype, and in-person. This seemed strange, since I was well within driving/transit distance of the office, so I could have just done more in-person interviews instead.

Phone interview was a typical consulting personality interview with a senior consultant/manager ("What makes you a good fit," "I see on your resume that...," "Tell me about a time you..."). Skype interview was with a senior associate, and had extremely similar (sometimes identical) personality questions. Immediately before the Skype interview, there was an online aptitude test that was very easy: basic grammar/spelling, basic math, and 'rapid perception.'

I didn't get invited to the in-person interview, but the staff I talked to seemed intelligent and friendly. I wish they would give feedback for how they make their decisions, but that's almost unheard of in most companies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question

Worked for C1 Consulting? Contribute to the Community!