C2 Education Assistant Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C2 Education (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter almost immediately to set up a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and was told I would be meeting with the district manager for my 1:1. Had not heard from recruiter regarding this date in over a week, so I called. Left a voice mail that was never returned. Sent an email to no avail. Finally called back about 3 weeks later and got in touch. Apparently the hiring manager was on leave of absence. Set up and attended my 1:1 and have yet to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
    Give an example of a time your priorities had to change.
    Why do you want to leave your current position?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for C2 Education

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

Lots of customer service based questions. They were not as focused on the education aspect of the company. There were more questions about the company itself rather than those on students and tutors.

Interview Questions

• What makes c2 unique?
      How do you handle upset customers?
      How long will you commit to c2?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at C2 Education (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They contacted me a month after applying with a basic phone screening (can you work these hours, why do you want to work for c2, etc.). They then quickly scheduled a skype interview with basic questions about strengths and weaknesses and why I would work well in the position. They contacted me for an in person interview shortly after that but I declined after further considering the hours and pay.

Interview Questions

They seemed eager to get me in as soon as possible to offer me the job, but it was almost like they were desperate. They were trying to open a new location that month and did not have a director or assistant director hired yet. It seemed like I would be jumping into a mess and for a fairly non-competitive salary and not great hours (1-9:30 m-th, 9-5 sat).

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

The whole process was pretty standard. I applied online, got a call/email, went in for the interview with the Director then interviewed with the regional director. I was offered the job after the interview with the regional director. Not too many hard questions during the interview. Just standard character/behavior-type questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was basically given the company base salary.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

The process was easy, you get a phone interview asking how much you would want to be paid and if you can work full time. Although the position says it is part time, they don't mean part time. They mean part time pay, but full time hours. After the phone interview they set up an in person interview.

The offer was very unprofessionally retracted.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

After submitting an application online, a recruiter will call you for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview, you will either have a face-to-face or skype interview if you have passed. Nothing too challenging. They ask basic questions, but do prepare by researching the company. It is a very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are too challenging, but do know some information about the company. Some examples of questions include, what do you know about the company, what do you know about the position, why do you want to work here, what is your five year plan, how do you handle dealing with upset customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C2 Education (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

First step is phone call just asking basic questions about yourself and why you want to work at C2

If chosen for in person interview, the director will ask you a series of questions such as administrative tasks, skills, why you're a good fit, etc.

Get a call if you're hired within in a week.

Interview Questions

• Only unexpected thing was the director of the center who interviewed me gave me the list of interview questions to fill out   Answer Question

This interview was such a joke. I think the director knew she wanted me because she gave me the interview questions and told me to fill it out. Whatever she needed clarification on after reading my responses, she asked about it.

After interviews, I always ask "what do you like about your job?" to make it seem like I'm interested and to get an idea of what the work culture and people are like. The director was like, "well, I was hired 3 weeks ago but I like..." HIRED THREE WEEKS AGO?! I could already see the job being difficult if both the director and assistant director are new. I could also see why there's so many positions available for assistant directors at various C2 locations when I applied in Jan 2014.

why? Because the title is misleading. It should be called "assistant to the director" because the way she described it to me is the assistant director does not talk to the parents or students about students' progress nor does s/he talk to the teachers. All the assistant director does is sit at the front desk and do admin tasks that the director doesn't want to do.

Another reason why I understand so many open positions is because the Assistant director position is part time of 37 hours!!! Part time = no benefits. 37 hours is so close to Full time!!!! The company is being so cheap by giving you almost full time worth of work but you don't get benefits because it's not 40 hours! Also, you get paid $11 an hour. There's so many places where you can get paid $15 with only a high school diploma + experience. $11 an hour without benefits and working close to full time is not worth it in my opinion! I was accepted the job the day of the interview and declined.

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C2 Education (Johns Creek, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking for a skype interview the next day. Schedule the interview on the following day and it went for about 30 minutes. I was informed to have a f2f interview with the district director the next week. I got there on time and waited for 15 minutes before she can talk to me. The person who interview me on skype told me that they are looking for part time and full time person, and i was looking for part time. The director said they are only looking for full time.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have? Give me an example.   Answer Question

They are expecting long working when I say I am looking for part time. The director told me that they are expecting part time position to have 40 hours a week. I can not do that.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C2 Education.

Interview

Found a hiring ad online. sent in my resume. Phone interview, then interview in person w the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Speaking Korean is a plus, since at least 50% of the customers are Korean.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C2 Education in April 2012.

Interview

Informal. Received a call from someone with broken English to come in and meet with the program director. When I came in, they informed me they were the district manager, not the program director. The district manager asked me some standard interview questions, then went on to ask about my availability and told me I would be starting work next week. It was all very vague and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be aggressive when you negotiate. This company will low ball you extremely but if you negotiate before hire, you can expect a higher pay. The key is to negotiate strongly in the beginning, because it is almost impossible to receive a raise, especially as a tutor, unless you remind your bosses several times for many months.