C2 Education

1.9

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C2 Education.

First, there was some exams (multiple choice AP and SAT in areas you want to teach in). If you did well, then there would be an interview at the center. My interview was not too long- about 20 minutes long. They asked about my education and what teaching I had done before.

Interview Questions
    • If a student was struggling or feeling unmotivated in their school work, what would you do to make them feel better?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

The initial interview is with the Head of Human Capital. It's pretty straightforward as they just want to get a feel for who you are and why you are applying. Next will be an interview with the district manager and provides you more detail about the position and where you might be working. The final interview is with one of the executives at HQ. The interviews aren't very difficult as long as you know how to act professionally and just answer honestly.

Assistant Director Interview

Lots of customer service based questions. They were not as focused on the education aspect of the company. There were more questions about the company itself rather than those on students and tutors.

Interview Questions
    • What makes c2 unique?
      How do you handle upset customers?
      How long will you commit to c2?
        Answer Question

Assistant Program Director Interview

I applied online and within 2 days received an email and phone call for an initial phone interview. That went well and I immediately got another interview via skype which will be in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at C2 Education.

They contacted me a month after applying with a basic phone screening (can you work these hours, why do you want to work for c2, etc.). They then quickly scheduled a skype interview with basic questions about strengths and weaknesses and why I would work well in the position. They contacted me for an in person interview shortly after that but I declined after further considering the hours and pay.

Interview Questions

They seemed eager to get me in as soon as possible to offer me the job, but it was almost like they were desperate. They were trying to open a new location that month and did not have a director or assistant director hired yet. It seemed like I would be jumping into a mess and for a fairly non-competitive salary and not great hours (1-9:30 m-th, 9-5 sat).

Program Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C2 Education.

the first step is the online application after which there is a call back for the first screener interview with HR, then a call back within one week for second round interview with the District Manager. After this they will call back for references, background check and personality test then come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had an unmotivated and negative student who slandered the center and made negative press about your work   Answer Question

pay was too low- starting salary was mid-high 30k, for someone with a masters degree and for the hours, it wasn't worth the money. there are other places with similar jobs with starting pay at least in the 50k+ range.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C2 Education.

The whole process was pretty standard. I applied online, got a call/email, went in for the interview with the Director then interviewed with the regional director. I was offered the job after the interview with the regional director. Not too many hard questions during the interview. Just standard character/behavior-type questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was basically given the company base salary.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at C2 Education in June 2014.

Received an email very soon after submitting resume online asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview went well and I was asked to come in two days later to take an SAT exam. When I came in for the exam I was told I would hear back in one or two days, but never heard anything, despite calling and sending an email. I'd be surprised if I didn't do well as I had done a practice SAT at home and scored nearly perfect on every section. In any case, I think it is very unprofessional for a company to never contact you at all after an in-person interview. Not only did I waste time going in for an interview, but I also spent four hours taking an SAT exam and never even got the courtesy of a response, which would have only taken five seconds to send by email. I think this reflects very badly on the organization and reveals that they are disorganized and discourteous to their applicants and probably to their staff and clients as well. I would not recommend wasting your time with this company.

Mathematics Instructor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at C2 Education in June 2014.

I first took an SAT Diagnostic Test (Math sections only), which was very straightforward and only took a couple of hours to complete. Then, I was interviewed by the director of the center. She was very relaxed, and her personality made me feel very comfortable talking to her about my qualifications. Also, she asked me if there were any additional subjects I could tutor besides Math. No unexpected questions, no surprises, etc.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C2 Education.

The process was easy, you get a phone interview asking how much you would want to be paid and if you can work full time. Although the position says it is part time, they don't mean part time. They mean part time pay, but full time hours. After the phone interview they set up an in person interview.

The offer was very unprofessionally retracted.