C2 Education

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Teacher
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at C2 Education in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online though glassdoor. I got a phone call asking me to come in to take the teacher's test; I took an SAT test that was just reading and math sections and was briefly interviewed about my resume and experience.

Interview Question – What is one past success you've had with tutoring?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked what hourly rate I was looking for.

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at C2 Education in June 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email very soon after submitting resume online asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview went well and I was asked to come in two days later to take an SAT exam. When I came in for the exam I was told I would hear back in one or two days, but never heard anything, despite calling and sending an email. I'd be surprised if I didn't do well as I had done a practice SAT at home and scored nearly perfect on every section. In any case, I think it is very unprofessional for a company to never contact you at all after an in-person interview. Not only did I waste time going in for an interview, but I also spent four hours taking an SAT exam and never even got the courtesy of a response, which would have only taken five seconds to send by email. I think this reflects very badly on the organization and reveals that they are disorganized and discourteous to their applicants and probably to their staff and clients as well. I would not recommend wasting your time with this company.

Interview Question – None, just a "Tell me about yourself" interview   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C2 Education in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening. Then I went there to take an SAT test. Last, I went for an in person interview. I don't think there was a background check or anything because the process went pretty quick because they needed tutors right away.

Interview Question – Not really any tough questions. All the questions were just about which subjects I felt comfortable teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Director Interview

Program Director

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview Details – the first step is the online application after which there is a call back for the first screener interview with HR, then a call back within one week for second round interview with the District Manager. After this they will call back for references, background check and personality test then come back with an offer.

Interview Question – what would you do if you had an unmotivated and negative student who slandered the center and made negative press about your work   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay was too low- starting salary was mid-high 30k, for someone with a masters degree and for the hours, it wasn't worth the money. there are other places with similar jobs with starting pay at least in the 50k+ range.

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview Details – The whole process was pretty standard. I applied online, got a call/email, went in for the interview with the Director then interviewed with the regional director. I was offered the job after the interview with the regional director. Not too many hard questions during the interview. Just standard character/behavior-type questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was basically given the company base salary.

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview Details – The process was easy, you get a phone interview asking how much you would want to be paid and if you can work full time. Although the position says it is part time, they don't mean part time. They mean part time pay, but full time hours. After the phone interview they set up an in person interview.

Reason for Declining – The offer was very unprofessionally retracted.

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at C2 Education.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online, a recruiter will call you for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview, you will either have a face-to-face or skype interview if you have passed. Nothing too challenging. They ask basic questions, but do prepare by researching the company. It is a very straight forward process.

Interview Question – None of the questions are too challenging, but do know some information about the company. Some examples of questions include, what do you know about the company, what do you know about the position, why do you want to work here, what is your five year plan, how do you handle dealing with upset customers.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C2 Education in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the C2 website for a position as math tutor. I was contacted within a few days and asked to take a practice SAT exam. I scored 710 on the math portion and 770 on English. Within a week, I got an in person interview to discuss my teaching experience of which I had very little. I was told that 710 was on the low side of what they were looking for. Didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at C2 Education in July 2010.

Interview Details – They will give you a SAT test and if you score 700 or above on each of the subject test, you will be hired to tutor that subject.

Interview Question – How long will you commit to tutoring at C2?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was initially paid 17/hour, took me more than three years to get to 25/hr

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at C2 Education in July 2011.

Interview Details – Friend put in a call for me. Went in, sat down and talked, and was told I'd need to take an SAT practice test to demonstrate my knowledge and skills.

Interview Question – Taking the SAT practice test was difficult because I was so out of practice with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at C2 Education

Worked for C2 Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at C2 Education interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by C2 Education employees and interview candidates.