C2 Education Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
43 interviews

1.9

Assistant Director Interview

Lots of customer service based questions. They were not as focused on the education aspect of the company. There were more questions about the company itself rather than those on students and tutors.

Interview Questions
    • What makes c2 unique?
      How do you handle upset customers?
      How long will you commit to c2?
        Answer Question

Biology/Chemistry Tutor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at C2 Education in January 2014.

I applied online on their webpage and they called me in for an interview/test. They told me that I would need to take a subject test for the subjects I am going to be tutoring for, which are biology and chemistry for me. After I got to the tutoring center, they asked me to take an actual SAT test. I was caught by surprised. Then they asked me to take the SAT chemistry and biology test. The whole testing process took me almost 4 hours. After finishing the tests, they told me they would call me if my test scores are good enough.

Mathematics Instructor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at C2 Education in June 2014.

I first took an SAT Diagnostic Test (Math sections only), which was very straightforward and only took a couple of hours to complete. Then, I was interviewed by the director of the center. She was very relaxed, and her personality made me feel very comfortable talking to her about my qualifications. Also, she asked me if there were any additional subjects I could tutor besides Math. No unexpected questions, no surprises, etc.

Assistant Program Director Interview

I applied online and within 2 days received an email and phone call for an initial phone interview. That went well and I immediately got another interview via skype which will be in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at C2 Education.

They contacted me a month after applying with a basic phone screening (can you work these hours, why do you want to work for c2, etc.). They then quickly scheduled a skype interview with basic questions about strengths and weaknesses and why I would work well in the position. They contacted me for an in person interview shortly after that but I declined after further considering the hours and pay.

Interview Questions

They seemed eager to get me in as soon as possible to offer me the job, but it was almost like they were desperate. They were trying to open a new location that month and did not have a director or assistant director hired yet. It seemed like I would be jumping into a mess and for a fairly non-competitive salary and not great hours (1-9:30 m-th, 9-5 sat).

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at C2 Education in March 2014.

I applied online though glassdoor. I got a phone call asking me to come in to take the teacher's test; I took an SAT test that was just reading and math sections and was briefly interviewed about my resume and experience.

Interview Questions
    He asked what hourly rate I was looking for.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at C2 Education in June 2014.

Received an email very soon after submitting resume online asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview went well and I was asked to come in two days later to take an SAT exam. When I came in for the exam I was told I would hear back in one or two days, but never heard anything, despite calling and sending an email. I'd be surprised if I didn't do well as I had done a practice SAT at home and scored nearly perfect on every section. In any case, I think it is very unprofessional for a company to never contact you at all after an in-person interview. Not only did I waste time going in for an interview, but I also spent four hours taking an SAT exam and never even got the courtesy of a response, which would have only taken five seconds to send by email. I think this reflects very badly on the organization and reveals that they are disorganized and discourteous to their applicants and probably to their staff and clients as well. I would not recommend wasting your time with this company.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C2 Education in April 2014.

Initial phone screening. Then I went there to take an SAT test. Last, I went for an in person interview. I don't think there was a background check or anything because the process went pretty quick because they needed tutors right away.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any tough questions. All the questions were just about which subjects I felt comfortable teaching.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Program Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at C2 Education.

the first step is the online application after which there is a call back for the first screener interview with HR, then a call back within one week for second round interview with the District Manager. After this they will call back for references, background check and personality test then come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had an unmotivated and negative student who slandered the center and made negative press about your work   Answer Question

pay was too low- starting salary was mid-high 30k, for someone with a masters degree and for the hours, it wasn't worth the money. there are other places with similar jobs with starting pay at least in the 50k+ range.

Assistant Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at C2 Education.

The whole process was pretty standard. I applied online, got a call/email, went in for the interview with the Director then interviewed with the regional director. I was offered the job after the interview with the regional director. Not too many hard questions during the interview. Just standard character/behavior-type questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was basically given the company base salary.

Worked for C2 Education? Contribute to the Community!