CA Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisor, Corporate Marketing Interview

Advisor, Corporate Marketing
Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was straight forward: phone screening with HR and hiring manager. Then in person interviews on one day with about 5 team members. The process took a long time to complete. Some paperwork was lost and the background check took a long time. They did not drug test, like EMC did.

Interview Question – Nothing specific comes to mind - it was fairly casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered to cover the value of the unvested stock that I had to give up to leave EMC and come to CA as a one time signing bonus. They also added 10% to what I was making at EMC and added another 10% for the raise that I was expecting to get had I stayed at EMC.

Intern Interview

Intern
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for one interview and met with my manager and team leader. They were professional, direct, and friendly.

Negotiation Details – as an intern they just told me and I accepted

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing
Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CA Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – In general and in a word: lengthy, but then again quite meticulous as far goes both interviewing wide and deep in the hiring organization and among the constituents.

Interview Question – In the "unexpected category"; "define marketing, please?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely room to negotiate, and also relying on industry data and best practices.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process, aside from the heat in the room, was a blast. Both interviewers were friendly, professional, and excited, both about me as a candidate, and what they do at the company.

Interview Question – Whats the best way for me to give you something to do?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Framingham, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CA Technologies in January 2008.

Interview Details – 1 phone screening interview to establish if you have worked in a team environment and basic questions from your skills mentioned in your resume etc.

Next was a 5 hour on site interview with 5 team members, each member taking about 1 hour. Due to the nature of the products that CA builds, the focus was more on abstract computer science concepts as opposed to a particular language like Java. Although they asked programming language specific questions but what they were looking for was solid fundamentals on computer science concepts. Questions like deadlock resolution techniques and algorithms, concurrency issues, performance issues, data structures etc. The focus was heavily on technical and analytical skills and little on soft skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about some specific deadlock resolution/prevention algorithms which are very efficient and asked to apply it to a situation the interviewer explained.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone chat with the recruiter, followed by a mandatory on-line assessment (personality + iq). Then phone with the hiring manager, followed by 2 sets of group interviews 4-5 hours each. Quick decision making, no bull before, during, or after the interviews. Highly technical people, friendly, but thorough in probing your skills. Not a single idiotic question (sort of "...tell us why are you the best candidate?" - none of that), technical, no-nonsense. Very positive overall impression from the interviews.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – 25% what I read on this board, 30% feedback from former employees I know, 25% weakish benefits, sucky work environment and commute (remoting discouraged, yak...) The rest is - the job didn't sound too appealing to me either.

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!