CA Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward... The hiring manager asked my job experience to date. They asked about programs that I had developed. One interviewer asked for peers and previous managers to speak to. My favorite question was what management styles I preferred that yielded most successful work environment. There was no surprises and everyone I met seemed very straight forward... Something that I should of caught was every interviewer said CA was going through a change and that this would be an opportunity to shine within a new regime of management. However, the change never stopped. Within my five years at CA I have had three CEOs and five CMOs... good times.

Negotiation Details – you show a W2... and negotiate from there

Manager Solutions Sales Interview

Manager Solutions Sales
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – Despite personally working with the associated account teams to conclude multi-million dollar defense contract, and having the backing of several senior management leaders, I was not offered the position.

Apparently there were some budget restrictions and the post was withdrawn.

Interview Questions

Associate Services Consultant Interview

Associate Services Consultant
Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in April 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after I applied with through my university and scheduled a phone screen. Phone interview was relatively informal, asked why I wanted the job, about my resume, etc. Then I was contacted a day later for a followup 1:1 interview with a director and a services consultant. The first interview lasted an hour and was comprised of behavioral questions. The next interview was more or less informal where I was told in more detail about the job and had a few technical questions about my skills.

After I sent thank you letters I never heard back from the recruiter. I asked for an update and was told that she would get back to me but she never did. I do not recommend interviewing with this company they seem very cold, rude, and worried only about their bottom line.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CA Technologies interview questions and advice in Herndon, VA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by CA Technologies employees and interview candidates.