CA Technologies

Getting the Interview

142 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview. Then an in person interview with 3 people (2 Senior PM and Program Dir). There was 30 min session with each and then there was no talk for 2-3 weeks. After I totally forgot about this interview the HR called out of the blue.

Interview Question – They did say that there will be a learning curve but the job was a complete nightmare and I quit in 1 month.   Answer Question

Advisor, Corporate Marketing Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was straight forward: phone screening with HR and hiring manager. Then in person interviews on one day with about 5 team members. The process took a long time to complete. Some paperwork was lost and the background check took a long time. They did not drug test, like EMC did.

Interview Question – Nothing specific comes to mind - it was fairly casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered to cover the value of the unvested stock that I had to give up to leave EMC and come to CA as a one time signing bonus. They also added 10% to what I was making at EMC and added another 10% for the raise that I was expecting to get had I stayed at EMC.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details – In my personal experience I had a phone interview with HR, then a second phone interview with a VP of Sales. After those two phone interviews I had an in person interview with a VP of Sales and a current Account Manager. Once those were complete, I was asked back to meet with Another VP of Sales. After 4 interviews I thought I would have a great chance of selection for the position. Even further, I was asked to do a final phone interview with the Director of Sales based out of Texas.
After taking the time for 5 interviews with CA Technologies, I was not even afforded the respect of a call back or update on the position. I followed up two times with HR regarding the status of the position and was met with a vague response stating she would get back in touch with me regarding the position and I never heard back.

Interview Question – What are you currently reading to help further your professional development   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Applied through university career fair and was then contacted by a person in their talent acquisition team to set up a phone interview with one of their senior engineer. interview lasted 30 mins and no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – Why CA technologies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Applied online through CA career website. Was then contacted by someone from their talent acquisition team to set up interview. Interviewed with two managers. Interview went well, no surprises or unexpected questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Most detail and pleasant interview oprocess

Interview Question – What are your weakness and strength.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer at CommVault

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

Interviewed at CA Technologies

Interview Details – I attended a massive job fair where 100+ candidates applied for positions. Be enthusiastic. Ask smart questions. If you pass the initial screening by HR reps and hiring managers, you should have a decent chance. Be prepared and confident for technical questions by hiring managers who know the technology during interview. Also, it helps to be friendly, courteous and professional.

Interview Question – I cannot recall any difficult questions because it was too long ago. Be prepared for the interview and have specific examples that back up your strengths.   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the corporate office in Framingham, MA for the finance rotational program. It consisted of an information session that took around 30 minutes and then a 1 on 1 interview that took around 20 minutes. The interview was straight-forward with all behavioral questions. There were about 25 candidates interviewing that day, and it was one of three or four recruiting sessions for the program, so it seemed pretty selective. They said they'd reach out in a couple weeks with a decision on a second interview, but I never heard from anyone.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions formatted more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Process is very long... usually two to three interviews and waited about a week or two in between each interview. I feel as though they just want to see what you look like rather than how you answer questions during the interview process. Depending on the role applying for - you may have a phone interview first

Interview Question – If you have to choose Job A or Job B ... which one would you choose   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Director, Product Management
Islandia, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Thorough and informative with good balance of collecting and providing information. Attractive setting, attentive human resources recruiters that present the company and employees in a positive light.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your own business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fast and concluded in less than a week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CA Technologies

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CA Technologies interview questions and advice. All 142 interview reviews posted anonymously by CA Technologies employees and interview candidates.