CA Technologies

CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

Manager Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Over a span of two years I had two initial calls with recruiters for two separate positions...in both cases the recruiters went totally dark. Had a 45 min call with the recruiter on the second position and he remarked at how good a fit I was for the role. My experience overlapped significantly and the recruiter remarked about my strong background.

In HR this is called the black hole of recruiting...even a "sorry you aren't a fit but we will keep your resume on file" is more professional than complete avoidance...companies are looking to streamline this archaic process, .CA had better get on board.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Applied online and hiring process took roughly 2 months. Had 3 phone interviews before being invited to the office for an in-person interview. At the office, I met with 2 managers and 1 director which were all very friendly and professional, yet down to business. Most questions were resume-based and behavioral trying to understand your qualifications and know you as a person--make sure to make a personal connection with everyone you meet as it definitely boosts your chances of getting an offer (when everyone reconvenes to make a decision). The interview process is not necessarily a simple or short one, you have to prove to all the interviewers that you have what it takes to do the job. All in all, very pleased with the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. However, be prepared to give a structured and detailed answer to all traditional questions--why you want the job, why the company, how are you different from other candidates, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies.

My interview process included two rounds of interviews by a senior director up to SVP. The recruiting department was very helpful in working with my schedule to arrange my interviews. The interviewers and recruiters were friendly and informative. After completing both interviews I knew that CA was company that I would enjoy working at. During the interview I had the opportunity to ask a lot of questions which helped me get a good feel for the position and the department.

Interview Questions
    • All of the preparation in the world could not have prepared me for the SVP interview. I was not asked "standard" questions, but I think strong communication was key here.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies in October 2014.

This is a highly competitive program at CA, recruiting from all parts of the country, and so the hiring process is very long and bureaucratic. Initially, if selected, you are invited to a video interview where you have 48 hours to answer a couple of mainly behavioral type questions about yourself and how well you will fit with the company. After a couple of weeks they email the candidates who have been selected to go forward and interview in person at the Islandia, NY office with the hiring managers. If not, they don't notify you of anything unless you attempt to reach out.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing strange or difficult questions. Discuss a time where you went above and beyond what was asked of you. Tell us how you might translate your unique journey into innovative ideas. Explain an example that speaks to the “go-getter” nature in you. And such   Answer Question

HORRIBLE JOB SEARCH SITE Interview

Auto-generated job posts from recruiters, no follow up on the posts to which you've already applied, constant churning of job leads...your application ends in a black hole. What a disappointment.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CA Technologies in September 2014.

Very straight forward and asked lots of personality questions. Was very nice. Sefond interview was a video interview. Had interview with director. Director asked about previous work and resume. Had interview with another person and it turned out same personality questions and hobbies. Was very nice experience.

Interview Questions
    Received email. Offer was what I wanted. Did not need to negotiate.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies in September 2014.

Joined online talent community that sends you jobs that match your resume. Saw a posting I liked and applied online. About 3-4weeks later a recruiter called for a phone screen. This started the process (week #1). The next week (#2) was a phone interview with hiring manager. Next week (#3) two more phone interviews (peer and SVP), then the same the following (#4) week (peer and VP), then a single call the following week (#5) (VP) followed by a face-to-face with hiring manager, afterward I was told they'd like to move forward with me if I was still interested, too. I said yes and an initial offer came later that day. Negotiations were very quick. The recruiter kept in constant contact with me and kept me very well informed during the entire process. I was told up front it would be 4-6 weeks and the recruiter acted as the go between with HR to get questions answered (in the end it was 5 weeks after the initial screening).

Interview Questions
    • Name the steps to a successful program/product launch.   Answer Question
    Very quick (1-2 days). I provided a recent pay stub and filled out background check permissions. Offer came in the next day, I countered, they came back slightly below but still very fair (per other Glassdoor salary reviews). CA said a signing bonus was not possible before starting (to replace a bonus I'd be leaving behind) but they countered with the combination of a smaller spot bonus and RSA grant after starting.

Associate Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies.

The interview scheduling process seemed very disorganized. I had less than 24 hours notice for my interview, and the people organizing the interview did not seem to be very prepared for my visit. Once I got to the interview however, the interview went very smoothly.

The interview started with an overview of the company, the benefits of working for CA, and a walk through of what I could expect from the position. My interviewer (now manager) had obviously studied my resume, and asked questions that seemed unrelated to my qualifications for the job. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that he cared much more for my personality than my technical training - this position was meant to provide all of the training that I would need. Thus the interview was largely meant to probe my personality and ability to mesh with the team.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question that I got was why I had participated in various community service activities. Since this was a technical interview, I was expecting more technical than personality based questions.   View Answer
    There was some room to negotiate, and if you ask for the higher end of the salary range (and are qualified to be asking for it) they will place you at the higher end of the range.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Met over the phone with group VP for interview who knew of me from others managers at the company. She wanted to hire me. Had informational interviews with my senior manager and my direct manager.

Interview Questions
    • Our VP was very straightforward...there were no trick questions.   Answer Question

CA Technologies Response

Aug 22, 2014Sr Director, Global HR Operations

Senior Technical Writer,

Great to see that your interview experience was one that was straightforward and gave you a realistic job preview. Welcome aboard!

Sales Executive Interview

I was asked to do a presentation of my current products and services to executives at CA. After the presentation numerous questions where asked in terms of pricing and technical integration requirements

Interview Questions
    • What did i like and dislike the most about my current company and the role that I was holding at the time   Answer Question