CA Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Support Engineer Interview

Associate Support Engineer
Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies in June 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call two months after applying online to meet a manager on site. Two hour interview with several managers and support engineers telling about the company and what support engineers do there. All very friendly and personable.

Interview Question – Asked some tech questions I knew such as general networking questions and some that I used to know but forgot such as database queries. No Java questions.   Answer Question

Principal Business Analyst Interview

Principal Business Analyst

Interviewed at CA Technologies

Interview Details – shortlisted on a referral from friend. Phone screening was about explaining my past work experience and then called for face to face interview ....where general questions about work and one business case was asked.

Interview Question – Business case on a company which is struggling on declining sales and are already exhausted with all possible options available to them or they could think of   View Answer

Negotiation Details – smooth, got what i asked for ..based on recommendation of a friend

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in May 2014.

Interview Details – All interviewers were extremely courteous and well spoken. All interviews including the phone interview started on time and the interviewers answered all the follow-up/feedback questions.

Initially a phone screen took place and then I was called in for an onsite interview. I spoke to four people separately for about 30 mins or so with each person. The questions were mostly related to the work experience and background. They did ask a few technical questions and I answered all but one.

I was informed of their decision to extend an offer one week after the interview. I liked the work culture and the environment based on what I saw on the day of the interview and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a risk you took and succeeded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered what I had asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – 1:1, 4 rounds of interview. all in one day. People who interviewed were very intelligent and sharp. I knew I want to join the team as soon as the interview started.

Interview Question – do you like waterfall or agle   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward... The hiring manager asked my job experience to date. They asked about programs that I had developed. One interviewer asked for peers and previous managers to speak to. My favorite question was what management styles I preferred that yielded most successful work environment. There was no surprises and everyone I met seemed very straight forward... Something that I should of caught was every interviewer said CA was going through a change and that this would be an opportunity to shine within a new regime of management. However, the change never stopped. Within my five years at CA I have had three CEOs and five CMOs... good times.

Negotiation Details – you show a W2... and negotiate from there

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Framingham Center, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – 15 minute phone screen with no technical questions followed by a 30 minute more technical phone interview. After passing the first two rounds I got an on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. I met 6 people in a 4 hour span. Most of the interviewers asked pretty straight forward questions but one interviewer grilled me with close to 50 questions in 45 minutes. I received around 35 Java questions and answered about 30 of them correctly but I could be wrong.
Also brush up on JavaScript, I had one JavaScript/UI interviewer.

Interview Question – Lots of specific Java questions and lots of multi-threading questions.   Answer Question

Associate Services Consultant Interview

Associate Services Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process moved very quickly. They were focused on making sure they got personable people who knew the technologies well. The hiring team was very nice and they definitely made you feel like they needed and wanted you.

Interview Question – I did not expect the many character questions that were asked. Again very focused on your personality outside of your technical skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – Got the call after attending their info session on campus. A phone screening followed by on site interview with 3 people. Basic questions, covered almost all concepts of database, QA, data structures and networking. No unexpected questions, I spoke a lot about my projects and went off well for around an hour nd half.

Negotiation Details – accepted whatever they offered, didnt negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiting, hiring manager and department manager. Fairly standard process nothing out of the ordinary. Managers are all very rushed in the process but so long as you at excited and can share metrics they seem to like candidates

Interview Question – Explain programs you have implemented that demonstrated success? and demonstrated failure,   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Principal Product Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a contract recruiter for a phone screen. During the phone screen I was asked question to discover more details about my two previous jobs. I was recommend for an in-person interview, and that interview was scheduled 2 business-days later.

The in-person interview was with 9 individuals. Most were my peers. Only the interview with my manager was 1-on-1. The others were in pairs. The questions were like "What are the biggest challenges facing the enterprise market?" "What are the two largest trends in the software product market today?" "Why are you wanting to leave your current job?" How do you believe this job will fit with your career goals?" What will be your goals the first week on the job?"

Interview Question – "Estimate the size of our market. Please white-board your thought process and assumptions.""   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiate phase was very difficult. I really want the job, and didn't even need it since I was already employed. I offered several suggestions to improve the offer including a signing bonus. In the end, they agreed to the signing bonus and refused stock options and a base-pay increase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CA Technologies

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CA Technologies interview questions and advice. All 165 interview reviews posted anonymously by CA Technologies employees and interview candidates.