CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Presales Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Total 5 interviews with one 30 mins presentation the entire process was straight forward and they were very quick to reply back with your application status. Lots of personality questions and few Java programming questions

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I started off as an intern, so my interview process was more an internal discussion with my manager to determine whether I was interested. During the internship interview, I was asked the standard stuff about why I would want to work for CA, what I could bring to the table, and given a basic programming test to ensure that I could code Java.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Applied for a position as a college graduate. The first day there were four engineers who interviewed me. All behavioral questions and focused on trying to sell the company and working on mainframes. They even brought in someone undergoing training to describe what it was like. The interviewers were very friendly. The second day was another interview with management and either was very unprofessional or an interview style I've never heard of before. After a couple of minutes of looking at my resume and before even saying anything, he commented at how I was probably "king of the idiots" based on my high GPA. Asked questions around design patterns, concurrency, etc in a condescending manner. I feel like I answered them correctly as I later got offers at top tech companies with similar answers, but definitely didn't give them confidently as I was being put in a stressful situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied to the position throught LinkedIn and created profile on CA Technologies website. Got call for the telephonic interview. It was technical covering all basics from data structures, algorithms, JAVA, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, etc. Once I cleared the telephonic round, I was invited for 4 face-to-face onsite interviews. 2 ware technical and 2 ware behavioural. Process took nearly 3 weeks and got the offer after that.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on core Java, HTML, Data Structure, Java Scripts, Algorithms, etc.   1 Answer

Principal Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

It was very formalized process and it took us a week to go through the entire process and get the offer.Got the interview call from recruiting agency and attended the interview , had all the types of interview, phone, 1-1 interview, group discussion, analytic questions, IQ and then HR round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Day 1 -Recruiter contacted Day 2 - Phone screen - why are you looking for new job, tell me about yourself, recent achievement that you can proud on, couple basic java questions (what is garbage collection, what is checked and unchecked exceptions) Day4- onsite interview -- Mostly background and what i am doing in my current job. some java questions

Interview Questions

• what is static block, method overloading and overriding, what is call by reference, diff between c++ and java etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got email for first video interview on montage. First video interview was simple and basic information type. Nothing serious that can be used to judge people. You basically record video based on question asked and summit it online. You can resubmit some question before summiting but some are just one time summation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Brief phone screen interview followed by 3 onsite interviews. The phone-screen interview is mainly to ensure you are not wasting their time; we used an online collaboration app to share code interactively. The on-site interview is more in depth and average difficulty. The questions ranged from simple query/java questions to problem solving techniques for real issues (mostly scale related).

Marketing Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I discovered the Marketing Rotational Program (MRP) at a career fair on my college campus. After submitting my resume to the recruiter, I received an email invitation to complete a video montage interview. This consisted of several short answer prompts that asked behavioral and situation-based questions, as well as my opinion on trends in the technology industry. A month later, I went into one of the office locations for in-person (1-on-1) interviews with 4 various people in the marketing organization. A few weeks after that, I received a phone call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on my past internship experiences, how I can apply my coursework/education to this position.   Answer Question

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was really done as a an email process, would have preferred and in person telecon and in person interview. Received a good view of the company but not the job in particular. Felt like they had already chosen a candidate.