CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Tech Support Manager Interview

Interview

several phone interviews happened over several weeks. Some of the phone interviews were with multiple people from the company. Never had any interviews that were in person, found that sort of odd.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with tech support in large company   Answer Question

Presales Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Total 5 interviews with one 30 mins presentation the entire process was straight forward and they were very quick to reply back with your application status. Lots of personality questions and few Java programming questions

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I started off as an intern, so my interview process was more an internal discussion with my manager to determine whether I was interested. During the internship interview, I was asked the standard stuff about why I would want to work for CA, what I could bring to the table, and given a basic programming test to ensure that I could code Java.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Applied for a position as a college graduate. The first day there were four engineers who interviewed me. All behavioral questions and focused on trying to sell the company and working on mainframes. They even brought in someone undergoing training to describe what it was like. The interviewers were very friendly. The second day was another interview with management and either was very unprofessional or an interview style I've never heard of before. After a couple of minutes of looking at my resume and before even saying anything, he commented at how I was probably "king of the idiots" based on my high GPA. Asked questions around design patterns, concurrency, etc in a condescending manner. I feel like I answered them correctly as I later got offers at top tech companies with similar answers, but definitely didn't give them confidently as I was being put in a stressful situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied to the position throught LinkedIn and created profile on CA Technologies website. Got call for the telephonic interview. It was technical covering all basics from data structures, algorithms, JAVA, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, etc. Once I cleared the telephonic round, I was invited for 4 face-to-face onsite interviews. 2 ware technical and 2 ware behavioural. Process took nearly 3 weeks and got the offer after that.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on core Java, HTML, Data Structure, Java Scripts, Algorithms, etc.   1 Answer

Principal Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

It was very formalized process and it took us a week to go through the entire process and get the offer.Got the interview call from recruiting agency and attended the interview , had all the types of interview, phone, 1-1 interview, group discussion, analytic questions, IQ and then HR round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Day 1 -Recruiter contacted Day 2 - Phone screen - why are you looking for new job, tell me about yourself, recent achievement that you can proud on, couple basic java questions (what is garbage collection, what is checked and unchecked exceptions) Day4- onsite interview -- Mostly background and what i am doing in my current job. some java questions

Interview Questions

• what is static block, method overloading and overriding, what is call by reference, diff between c++ and java etc   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A string of telephone interviews before I finally got a chance for a personal interaction. Seems like the entire process goes through the entire hierarchy which ends up taking a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and previous experience in the field   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got email for first video interview on montage. First video interview was simple and basic information type. Nothing serious that can be used to judge people. You basically record video based on question asked and summit it online. You can resubmit some question before summiting but some are just one time summation.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview was pretty straight foward. There was a phone interview with a recruiter first. Basic phone screen to see how your resume matches the job description. After that I met with hiring manager in person. The questions were around process and policies I'd implemented/designed. I then met with the department VP via a phone interview. It was a 30 min. call that ran a little long. This conversation was more about fit with the team and ideology.

Interview Questions

• How would you change/setup a follow the sun Network Operations Center (NOC)   Answer Question