CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Brief phone screen interview followed by 3 onsite interviews. The phone-screen interview is mainly to ensure you are not wasting their time; we used an online collaboration app to share code interactively. The on-site interview is more in depth and average difficulty. The questions ranged from simple query/java questions to problem solving techniques for real issues (mostly scale related).

Marketing Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I discovered the Marketing Rotational Program (MRP) at a career fair on my college campus. After submitting my resume to the recruiter, I received an email invitation to complete a video montage interview. This consisted of several short answer prompts that asked behavioral and situation-based questions, as well as my opinion on trends in the technology industry.

A month later, I went into one of the office locations for in-person (1-on-1) interviews with 4 various people in the marketing organization. A few weeks after that, I received a phone call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on my past internship experiences, how I can apply my coursework/education to this position.   Answer Question

Vice President Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was really done as a an email process, would have preferred and in person telecon and in person interview. Received a good view of the company but not the job in particular. Felt like they had already chosen a candidate.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Clear and to the point, was very specific on role and responsibilities. Also had clear success metrics. Recruiter led through the 5 week process while meeting with key leaders and their staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a product you launched and took to market. What was the outcome and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes multiple calls

Director, Product Management Interview

Interview

Good experience with in-house HR recruiters, continuous communication from initial contact to offer (which had a few bumps in the process). Multiple combinations of phone, in-person and video interviews as to be expected given the geographic diversity. Offer was initially verbally provided then held back until yet another in-person interview was completed. Ultimately came on board.

Interview Questions

• "We have another opening that you should look at...never mind, the hiring manager would be ticked off"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Over a span of two years I had two initial calls with recruiters for two separate positions...in both cases the recruiters went totally dark. Had a 45 min call with the recruiter on the second position and he remarked at how good a fit I was for the role. My experience overlapped significantly and the recruiter remarked about my strong background.

In HR this is called the black hole of recruiting...even a "sorry you aren't a fit but we will keep your resume on file" is more professional than complete avoidance...companies are looking to streamline this archaic process, .CA had better get on board.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

It was very organized. I went through 4 interview: 3 phone calls and 1 on-site. After each interview, HR would call me within a few hours to let me know if I had passed and what the next steps were. The emails also came in very quickly and in a professional manner.

Marketing Communications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

It took four weeks total. From the initial contact and request to apply to first phone screening, the recruitment process was by far the most efficient and enjoyable I have ever experienced. I had three phone interviews, 1st with the hiring manager, then one with a VP and a Senior Director. All of the interviews were just fantastic and made me really eager to get the job. They really just wanted to get to know 'you' and obviously, try to gauge your ability to perform successfully as well. After my third and final interview I was phoned back in less than an hour and offered the job. Let me say, amazing experience, amazing people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in CA? Why specifically CA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A pleasure! Again, no problems here at all they simply verify your recent pay stub and then present the offer. I had no reason to negotiate as I received my desired salary.

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Relaxed interview, quite lengthy though. Spoke to 3 interviewers throughout the day, as well as a presentation about what the company does. There was also a tour of the campus. Mostly just a review of your resume.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX).

Interview

Applied online and hiring process took roughly 2 months. Had 3 phone interviews before being invited to the office for an in-person interview. At the office, I met with 2 managers and 1 director which were all very friendly and professional, yet down to business. Most questions were resume-based and behavioral trying to understand your qualifications and know you as a person--make sure to make a personal connection with everyone you meet as it definitely boosts your chances of getting an offer (when everyone reconvenes to make a decision). The interview process is not necessarily a simple or short one, you have to prove to all the interviewers that you have what it takes to do the job. All in all, very pleased with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. However, be prepared to give a structured and detailed answer to all traditional questions--why you want the job, why the company, how are you different from other candidates, etc.   Answer Question