CA Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Met over the phone with group VP for interview who knew of me from others managers at the company. She wanted to hire me. Had informational interviews with my senior manager and my direct manager.

Interview Questions
    • Our VP was very straightforward...there were no trick questions.   Answer Question

CA Technologies Response

Aug 22, 2014Sr Director, Global HR Operations

Senior Technical Writer,

Great to see that your interview experience was one that was straightforward and gave you a realistic job preview. Welcome aboard!

Associate Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2014.

Applied online got a call from a recruiter a few months later, we went over my resume and they invited me on campus to interview. Onsite I was interviewed by 6 different people, I'm not sure if that is what was typical because the email to schedule the interview said there was only going to be three interviewers. I got an offer same day though

Interview Questions

I didn't decline I haven't accepted as yet as I have a few more interviews

Associate Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in May 2014.

The initial set up of the interview took about 3-4 days and then I was interviewed with 3 managers whom I needed approval from all 3 in order to get the position.

All three were very friendly, perky, and excited to discuss the job, careers, my goals, and ambitions.

The hiring process took about 2 - 3 weeks. I was immediately offered the position approx. 3 days after the interview but after that the contracts and getting the background checks took a very long time but despite the delays the people who I spoke with/worked with were very friendly and happy to work with me.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions as such but basic ones such as - how do you deal with stress, how do you solve a problem, how do you deal with conflict in the work place, name something you've gone above and beyond for, what books have you read, why CA, why you, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I was asked to do a presentation of my current products and services to executives at CA. After the presentation numerous questions where asked in terms of pricing and technical integration requirements

Interview Questions
    • What did i like and dislike the most about my current company and the role that I was holding at the time   Answer Question

Associate Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies in June 2014.

Received a call two months after applying online to meet a manager on site. Two hour interview with several managers and support engineers telling about the company and what support engineers do there. All very friendly and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some tech questions I knew such as general networking questions and some that I used to know but forgot such as database queries. No Java questions.   Answer Question

Principal Business Analyst Interview

shortlisted on a referral from friend. Phone screening was about explaining my past work experience and then called for face to face interview ....where general questions about work and one business case was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Business case on a company which is struggling on declining sales and are already exhausted with all possible options available to them or they could think of   View Answer
    smooth, got what i asked for ..based on recommendation of a friend

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in May 2014.

All interviewers were extremely courteous and well spoken. All interviews including the phone interview started on time and the interviewers answered all the follow-up/feedback questions.

Initially a phone screen took place and then I was called in for an onsite interview. I spoke to four people separately for about 30 mins or so with each person. The questions were mostly related to the work experience and background. They did ask a few technical questions and I answered all but one.

I was informed of their decision to extend an offer one week after the interview. I liked the work culture and the environment based on what I saw on the day of the interview and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offered what I had asked for.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CA Technologies.

1:1, 4 rounds of interview. all in one day. People who interviewed were very intelligent and sharp. I knew I want to join the team as soon as the interview started.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2010.

The interview process was very straight forward... The hiring manager asked my job experience to date. They asked about programs that I had developed. One interviewer asked for peers and previous managers to speak to. My favorite question was what management styles I preferred that yielded most successful work environment. There was no surprises and everyone I met seemed very straight forward... Something that I should of caught was every interviewer said CA was going through a change and that this would be an opportunity to shine within a new regime of management. However, the change never stopped. Within my five years at CA I have had three CEOs and five CMOs... good times.

you show a W2... and negotiate from there

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Framingham Center, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham Center, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies.

15 minute phone screen with no technical questions followed by a 30 minute more technical phone interview. After passing the first two rounds I got an on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. I met 6 people in a 4 hour span. Most of the interviewers asked pretty straight forward questions but one interviewer grilled me with close to 50 questions in 45 minutes. I received around 35 Java questions and answered about 30 of them correctly but I could be wrong.
    Also brush up on JavaScript, I had one JavaScript/UI interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of specific Java questions and lots of multi-threading questions.   Answer Question

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!