CA Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was with hiring manger was only 30 minutes. Then had interview with another manager. Then was asked to come to career fair to meet 1:1. Everything went smooth took about 2 to 3 weeks and I was hired before graduating from school. I was told I could work and learn things but nothing came to fruition. Basically I was lied to and then moved over to a different team.

Associate Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

The interview scheduling process seemed very disorganized. I had less than 24 hours notice for my interview, and the people organizing the interview did not seem to be very prepared for my visit. Once I got to the interview however, the interview went very smoothly.

The interview started with an overview of the company, the benefits of working for CA, and a walk through of what I could expect from the position. My interviewer (now manager) had obviously studied my resume, and asked questions that seemed unrelated to my qualifications for the job. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that he cared much more for my personality than my technical training - this position was meant to provide all of the training that I would need. Thus the interview was largely meant to probe my personality and ability to mesh with the team.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question that I got was why I had participated in various community service activities. Since this was a technical interview, I was expecting more technical than personality based questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some room to negotiate, and if you ask for the higher end of the salary range (and are qualified to be asking for it) they will place you at the higher end of the range.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY).

Interview

Met over the phone with group VP for interview who knew of me from others managers at the company. She wanted to hire me. Had informational interviews with my senior manager and my direct manager.

Interview Questions

• Our VP was very straightforward...there were no trick questions.   Answer Question

CA Technologies Response

Aug 22, 2014Sr Director, Global HR Operations

Senior Technical Writer,

Great to see that your interview experience was one that was straightforward and gave you a realistic job preview. Welcome aboard!

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

I was asked to do a presentation of my current products and services to executives at CA. After the presentation numerous questions where asked in terms of pricing and technical integration requirements

Interview Questions

• What did i like and dislike the most about my current company and the role that I was holding at the time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call from a recruiter a few months later, we went over my resume and they invited me on campus to interview. Onsite I was interviewed by 6 different people, I'm not sure if that is what was typical because the email to schedule the interview said there was only going to be three interviewers. I got an offer same day though

Interview Questions

I didn't decline I haven't accepted as yet as I have a few more interviews

Principal Business Analyst Interview

Interview

shortlisted on a referral from friend. Phone screening was about explaining my past work experience and then called for face to face interview ....where general questions about work and one business case was asked.

Interview Questions

• Business case on a company which is struggling on declining sales and are already exhausted with all possible options available to them or they could think of   1 Answer

Negotiation

smooth, got what i asked for ..based on recommendation of a friend

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

1:1, 4 rounds of interview. all in one day. People who interviewed were very intelligent and sharp. I knew I want to join the team as soon as the interview started.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham Center, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham Center, MA).

Interview

15 minute phone screen with no technical questions followed by a 30 minute more technical phone interview. After passing the first two rounds I got an on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. I met 6 people in a 4 hour span. Most of the interviewers asked pretty straight forward questions but one interviewer grilled me with close to 50 questions in 45 minutes. I received around 35 Java questions and answered about 30 of them correctly but I could be wrong.
    Also brush up on JavaScript, I had one JavaScript/UI interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of specific Java questions and lots of multi-threading questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Got the call after attending their info session on campus. A phone screening followed by on site interview with 3 people. Basic questions, covered almost all concepts of database, QA, data structures and networking. No unexpected questions, I spoke a lot about my projects and went off well for around an hour nd half.

Negotiation

accepted whatever they offered, didnt negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies (Islandia, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call two months after applying online to meet a manager on site. Two hour interview with several managers and support engineers telling about the company and what support engineers do there. All very friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• Asked some tech questions I knew such as general networking questions and some that I used to know but forgot such as database queries. No Java questions.   Answer Question