CA Technologies

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies.

CA technology replied to my email application right away. Then they scheduled me for a phone interview and then in person interview. The hiring interview consisted of two different people interviewing me, each one seperately. Overall, they wanted someone with preschool experience and that understood the Montesorri point of view of schooling.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies.

Applied through an employee referral. Got a phone screening interview. Interview was not technical: tell about yourself, why applying, what languages you prefer, what operating systems you are familiar with. Its been 6 weeks, never heard back.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies.

There was a phone interview. Then an in person interview with 3 people (2 Senior PM and Program Dir). There was 30 min session with each and then there was no talk for 2-3 weeks. After I totally forgot about this interview the HR called out of the blue.

Interview Questions
    • They did say that there will be a learning curve but the job was a complete nightmare and I quit in 1 month.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Applied through university career fair and was then contacted by a person in their talent acquisition team to set up a phone interview with one of their senior engineer. interview lasted 30 mins and no unexpected questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Applied online through CA career website. Was then contacted by someone from their talent acquisition team to set up interview. Interviewed with two managers. Interview went well, no surprises or unexpected questions.

No negotiation.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies in March 2014.

I was initially contacted by a contract recruiter for a phone screen. During the phone screen I was asked question to discover more details about my two previous jobs. I was recommend for an in-person interview, and that interview was scheduled 2 business-days later.

The in-person interview was with 9 individuals. Most were my peers. Only the interview with my manager was 1-on-1. The others were in pairs. The questions were like "What are the biggest challenges facing the enterprise market?" "What are the two largest trends in the software product market today?" "Why are you wanting to leave your current job?" How do you believe this job will fit with your career goals?" What will be your goals the first week on the job?"

Interview Questions
    • "Estimate the size of our market. Please white-board your thought process and assumptions.""   View Answer
    The negotiate phase was very difficult. I really want the job, and didn't even need it since I was already employed. I offered several suggestions to improve the offer including a signing bonus. In the end, they agreed to the signing bonus and refused stock options and a base-pay increase.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I attended a massive job fair where 100+ candidates applied for positions. Be enthusiastic. Ask smart questions. If you pass the initial screening by HR reps and hiring managers, you should have a decent chance. Be prepared and confident for technical questions by hiring managers who know the technology during interview. Also, it helps to be friendly, courteous and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any difficult questions because it was too long ago. Be prepared for the interview and have specific examples that back up your strengths.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Most detail and pleasant interview oprocess

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at CommVault

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies in February 2014.

In my personal experience I had a phone interview with HR, then a second phone interview with a VP of Sales. After those two phone interviews I had an in person interview with a VP of Sales and a current Account Manager. Once those were complete, I was asked back to meet with Another VP of Sales. After 4 interviews I thought I would have a great chance of selection for the position. Even further, I was asked to do a final phone interview with the Director of Sales based out of Texas.
    After taking the time for 5 interviews with CA Technologies, I was not even afforded the respect of a call back or update on the position. I followed up two times with HR regarding the status of the position and was met with a vague response stating she would get back in touch with me regarding the position and I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • What are you currently reading to help further your professional development   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies.

Process is very long... usually two to three interviews and waited about a week or two in between each interview. I feel as though they just want to see what you look like rather than how you answer questions during the interview process. Depending on the role applying for - you may have a phone interview first

Interview Questions
    • If you have to choose Job A or Job B ... which one would you choose   Answer Question