CA Technologies Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated May 3, 2015

2.9

Vice President Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was really done as a an email process, would have preferred and in person telecon and in person interview. Received a good view of the company but not the job in particular. Felt like they had already chosen a candidate.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Joined online talent community that sends you jobs that match your resume. Saw a posting I liked and applied online. About 3-4weeks later a recruiter called for a phone screen. This started the process (week #1). The next week (#2) was a phone interview with hiring manager. Next week (#3) two more phone interviews (peer and SVP), then the same the following (#4) week (peer and VP), then a single call the following week (#5) (VP) followed by a face-to-face with hiring manager, afterward I was told they'd like to move forward with me if I was still interested, too. I said yes and an initial offer came later that day. Negotiations were very quick. The recruiter kept in constant contact with me and kept me very well informed during the entire process. I was told up front it would be 4-6 weeks and the recruiter acted as the go between with HR to get questions answered (in the end it was 5 weeks after the initial screening).

Interview Questions

• Name the steps to a successful program/product launch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick (1-2 days). I provided a recent pay stub and filled out background check permissions. Offer came in the next day, I countered, they came back slightly below but still very fair (per other Glassdoor salary reviews). CA said a signing bonus was not possible before starting (to replace a bonus I'd be leaving behind) but they countered with the combination of a smaller spot bonus and RSA grant after starting.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The only question that I was asked was "Tell me about yourself." The interview was uphill from there. The hiring managers were very friendly and the meeting was more of a discussion then a Q&A session. Based on the interview I concluded that the work environment would be laid back, lenient, and exciting.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty rigorous. I went through what would become my two managers and then the SVP of global pre-sales. Although I was nervous, they asked me questions pertaining to the skill-set they were looking for along with what type of personality I contained along with what I hope to gain from the end of the internship.

Interview Questions

• If you had a great idea to implement something new for a CA software product but management wouldn't take your word on it, how would you convince management to go along with your idea?   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screen initially; followed by 1:1 interview with hiring manager, panel interview with peers, two 1:1 interview with different line of business managers, 1:1 interview with hiring manager's manager. Each interview was 60 to 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How have you impacted the effectiveness of the business strategy?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Long with repeat questions about my contacts, who I know, who I can call lots of basic sales 101 stuff. Most of the questions were about the size of the deals that I have done and how I got them done, length of time that it took. Also it was very interesting that they never asked about deals I lost and what I learned from them.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to stay at CA?   1 Answer

The company culture turned me off and after reading a lot of the reviews on Glassdoor it became very apparent to me that this was not a home for me.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Recruiting, hiring manager and department manager. Fairly standard process nothing out of the ordinary. Managers are all very rushed in the process but so long as you at excited and can share metrics they seem to like candidates

Interview Questions

• Explain programs you have implemented that demonstrated success? and demonstrated failure,   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied on Company Website Contacted by a recruiter 2 days later Phone interview with hiring manager that same week Face to Face with hiring manager 2 weeks later Two more phone interviews with Director an VP that same week Offer Letter the following Monday Start date two weeks later - no room for negotiating on the salary- but it was sufficient

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiating but their initial offer was sufficient

Energy and Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, a phone interview, and an in-person interview with the hiring manager and a telepresence group panel interview. Phone screen was easy, the recruiter was friendly and the interview wasn't technical. This is a new type of position at CA so perhaps they aren't familiar with the energy field. The phone interview was with the hiring manager. It went really well and it was very long (1.5 hours). built a lot of rapport, talked broadly about their eco-products, and talked about skills. In-person interview was also long - totalled about 4 hours. Talked more with the hiring manager, also spoke with 3 others via telepresence, which was weird walking to a camera and looking at the screen. They asked a range of technical questions and personality questions. What type of collaboration had I done? Work style, where I want to be in 5, 10 years. Lots of energy questions, as they are building new eco software to estimate energy and carbon savings. I thought it went well. In the end, I was informed by the recruiter that they were looking for someone with more "policy" background and that was it. Disappointing since I know I had the right skills and I thought the hiring manager really liked me. I asked for more feedback but my email was never returned. Ultimately I don't know of CA was a good environment for me. Too corporate. Too many layers of VPs, product managers, etc. I worried I'd just work like crazy and no one would notice.

Interview Questions

• What work environment do you prefer? Or what is your work style?   1 Answer
    • Lots of questions about how to visualize or improve their eco products.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Difficult hiring process. Submitted resume multiple times, but in the end had to know someone to get me in the door and even that took a year. Interviewed with recruiter, than 2 phone interviews and a face to face. Thorough background check. Make sure everything on your resume is accurate. Once hired, you must be ready to hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about past performance. Nothing out of ordinary. tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question