CA Technologies Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies.

First contact was from a recruiter to do an initial phone screen. After that a 3-4 hour interview was held on-site with various people from the organization including the person who had previously held the job, which I appreciated because one of my favorite questions to ask is "who had this before and where are they?" After that it was a pretty quick turnaround to the final interview, which was with the direct hiring manager, who was remote, so it was done via video conference. The longest part of the hiring process was the ridiculously involved reference and background check. I think it took close to a month.

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall there being any difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty standard.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate the base salary because the manager knew I had a bonus at my previous company and my position did not qualify for one here. Also I did not qualify for a raise the next year since I had been there < 12 months. I was told there was no negotiation of vacation time, but in hindsight I wish I had tried harder.

Other Interview Reviews for CA Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in November 2009.

Applied Online
    -2 months later received a phone call from HR to setup a time to speak

Interview Process
    -1. 30min - HR phone screen asking basic questions regarding background and compensation target
    -2. 30min - Phone interview with hiring manager
    -3. 30min - Phone interview with matrix hiring manager
    -4. 30min - Phone interview with manager of hiring manager
    -5. 60min - In person interview with hiring manager
    -6. 60min - In person interview with future co-worker

Offer
    -2 weeks later was emailed an offer followed up with a call from HR
    -open to negotiation but very little room to negotiate with
    -negotiation process lasted 2 weeks
    -final offer signed and started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time or situation that changed the game of your career   Answer Question
    • Why CA Technologies? and what is your 2, 5, 10 year plan?   Answer Question
    Very little room left for negotiation. The company follows low 25th percentile for compensation based on market data. Do not expect to receive any base salary close to what the market offers. UNLESS you are going for levels VP and above, these levels are very lucrative and no expenses are spared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islandia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in October 2009.

Many phone interviews, and in person interviews. Since most of the company sits at home offices globally it took some time for the interiview process to unfold. Very positive and engaging senior management which made the interview process a delight.

Interview Questions
    • Can you effectively run a global project with virtually with no direct contact with project teams?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were innovative?   Answer Question
    not accomidating

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!