CA Technologies

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview Details – First contact was from a recruiter to do an initial phone screen. After that a 3-4 hour interview was held on-site with various people from the organization including the person who had previously held the job, which I appreciated because one of my favorite questions to ask is "who had this before and where are they?" After that it was a pretty quick turnaround to the final interview, which was with the direct hiring manager, who was remote, so it was done via video conference. The longest part of the hiring process was the ridiculously involved reference and background check. I think it took close to a month.

Interview Question – I don't recall there being any difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the base salary because the manager knew I had a bonus at my previous company and my position did not qualify for one here. Also I did not qualify for a raise the next year since I had been there < 12 months. I was told there was no negotiation of vacation time, but in hindsight I wish I had tried harder.

Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied Online
-2 months later received a phone call from HR to setup a time to speak

Interview Process
-1. 30min - HR phone screen asking basic questions regarding background and compensation target
-2. 30min - Phone interview with hiring manager
-3. 30min - Phone interview with matrix hiring manager
-4. 30min - Phone interview with manager of hiring manager
-5. 60min - In person interview with hiring manager
-6. 60min - In person interview with future co-worker

Offer
-2 weeks later was emailed an offer followed up with a call from HR
-open to negotiation but very little room to negotiate with
-negotiation process lasted 2 weeks
-final offer signed and started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very little room left for negotiation. The company follows low 25th percentile for compensation based on market data. Do not expect to receive any base salary close to what the market offers. UNLESS you are going for levels VP and above, these levels are very lucrative and no expenses are spared.

Islandia, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CA Technologies in October 2009.

Interview Details – Many phone interviews, and in person interviews. Since most of the company sits at home offices globally it took some time for the interiview process to unfold. Very positive and engaging senior management which made the interview process a delight.

Interview Questions

• Can you effectively run a global project with virtually with no direct contact with project teams?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when you were innovative?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not accomidating

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!