CAE

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in April 2012.

Interview Details – I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Question – *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Interview Question – The Tech questions were ok, I am bad with HR stuff.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed at CAE in November 2009.

Interview Details – First, I received a phone call concerning my application, and I was interviewed by phone. Second I was called in for a full interview which consisted of a lengthy period of waiting for the supervisor and human resources personnel to show up. Having sat down to be interviewed, I was asked rather general questions that people normally get asked, and was asked about my experience in 3D design, namely Pro Engineer which is used by CAE.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Systems Software Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English.
2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after?
After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Question – Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   View Answer

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CAE in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a previous chat with the HR person over the phone, after which I got an interview with them. They explained to me the job I would work on and what was required. Overall it wasn't really though and was mostly relaxed talk about the company and what they needed me to do.

Interview Question – What salary do you expect   View Answer

3D Artist Interview

3D Artist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was pinged by company to switch to them as they were forming a new team. We had 2 informal meetings with project lead whom I knew and the 2 project "owners". HR took over beyond that and we had one meeting followed by back and forth offers and counter offers. People are friendly but HR felt cold and wanting to play hardball. Offices in Montreal (mothership) are dreadful compared to the ones in St-Laurent.

Interview Question – Why you over that new graduate willing to work for 25K/y?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Would've been a pay cut to where I was at. Counter-offered, which was accepted after a 3 month probation period.

Intern Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Met HR at university career fair, had a discussion on roles available.
Got a interview call from another HR in a week's time, interview was pretty good, two TL's took the interview.

Interview Question – No question was very difficult, if you know C/C++ well, your chances of getting selected are high :)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAE

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CAE interview questions and advice in Canada. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by CAE employees and interview candidates.