CAE

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.

Project Manager Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions
    • A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CAE.

3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Systems Software Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English.
    2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after?
    After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CAE.

I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Met HR at university career fair, had a discussion on roles available.
    Got a interview call from another HR in a week's time, interview was pretty good, two TL's took the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No question was very difficult, if you know C/C++ well, your chances of getting selected are high :)   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE in September 2012.

I had a previous chat with the HR person over the phone, after which I got an interview with them. They explained to me the job I would work on and what was required. Overall it wasn't really though and was mostly relaxed talk about the company and what they needed me to do.

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE.

The interview begins with a technical exam. They ask a range of questions to test your ability to think critically. The test includes design and programming questions.

Senior technical staff then enters to dicuss the test with you. You review your answers and yur reasoning. They discuss the nature of the work and what to expect. They finally test your soft skills. If they are comfortable with you, you move on the HR interview which is largely a negotiation.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2012.

I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Questions
    • *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer
    They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.