CAE Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Systems Software Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral questions and the second one was pure technical. In the technical interview, I was given a test to solve. The test was about C programming, control system,.. kind of basic about control systems...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something that you believe it is not correct?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions

• A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 parties. Me, HR and my potential team leader. HR works as the "match-maker" and is the one asking questions to the other two parties. i.e. question for the team leader: "What's the most important quality you value?" question for me:"What did you do before best demonstrate this quality?"

Interview Questions

• question for the team leader: "What's the most important quality you value?" question for me:"What did you do before best demonstrate this quality?"   Answer Question

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English. 2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after? After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Questions

• Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was nothing special - in fact it was very low key. i was able to meet multiple prospective co-workers, guided on a physical visit at the main HQ plant, provided a few demonstrations of the technology and provided a comprehensive packet on all company benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Met HR at university career fair, had a discussion on roles available. Got a interview call from another HR in a week's time, interview was pretty good, two TL's took the interview.

Interview Questions

• No question was very difficult, if you know C/C++ well, your chances of getting selected are high :)   Answer Question