CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
  www.caeonline.com

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Capital Asset Trader Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Capital Asset Trader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading).

A recruiter reached out to me. I hated my previous job but I wasn't ready to jump ship yet. So I spoke with her and gathered some more information about the position, told her where I was at in terms of job search. She told me that if she were to move me forward, I had to be pretty serious about switching job. And that's how we left the conversation. Few months later, she reached out to me again and see if I'd changed my mind. I thought I should give it a shot. So I went through few more rounds of phone interviews then an in-person interview. The rest is history...I didn't expect the turnaround time was so quick.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through an example of buy/sell experience you'd had. (It's not so much the question that was unexpected, but the in-depth details they were looking for took me by surprise).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

Capital Asset Trader Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with senior trader, in person (3 rounds, meet CEO), hired on the spot.

Capital Asset Trader
 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2013.

I contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn with my interest in the company and my resume attached. The following day I was scheduled for an interview. The first interview was over the phone and consisted of speaking with the recruiter. She went over my resume with the typical behavior interview questions that were geared toward sales. It was clear that without strong monthly sales your job was on the line after two months.

When monthly sales incentives such as, driving a Ferrari for a day or getting a Rolex came up I felt a tacky, classless corporate culture associate with the firm. This position clearly had no transferable skills in the finance industry, as they don't even use PC's but Mac's instead.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three characteristics of a good negotiator?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in May 2012.

I applied through LinkedIn and I received an email from a recruiter of my availability for a phone interview. After reading the reviews about the company I realized what they are exactly looking for. I've been worked for more than 10 years and I had interviews more than 30 times and this interview was one of the most HORRIBLE interviews that I have ever had. Based on my experience, the interview process is like a conversation, back and forth not only the interviewer asking questions and the interviewee answers and receives no feedback. Usually, both partners should engage in a conversation. The recruiter called 20 minutes late, she did not introduce herself, she did not explain ANYTHING about the company and the procedure and even at the end of half an hour she did not ask if I have any questions.

Questions were about my experiences in Sales and if I have ever sold an equipment only for PROFIT.

Thanks to the glassdoor and this experience I have decided not to follow up the second interview.

It seems the company is so immature. I wish them luck.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever sold an equipment/ticket/anything only for PROFIT? Explain!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in December 2011.

I reached out to an HR employee of CAE on LinkedIn.com and sent her my resume along with a brief email describing my interest in the company. I heard back from her within a matter of days and scheduled a first round phone interview. I was on the East Coast and would be relocating for this job, so the total interview process consisted of a first round phone interview with HR, a phone interview with a Trader, a phone interview with the Director of Operations and Recruitment, and a final round in-person interview with 3 employees.

The first phone interview was with an Internal Recruiting Specialist. It was pretty much what I expected for a first round interview and she was pleasant to speak with. Know your resume and have an idea of what CAE does.

The next phone interview was with a Trader. He asked me a lot of detailed questions regarding my background and why I was interested in CAE. He also gave me some different scenarios and asked me how I'd respond to them, as well as some questions that tested my negotiating skills. The trader came from a finance background and definitely seemed like he knew his stuff. I asked him a number of questions about the market for capital assets and the strategies for trading them, and he gave me very detailed answers.

The final phone interview was with the Director of Operations and Recruitment. This interview was similar to the one with the Trader, except it went into a little bit more detail with each of the questions regarding both the skills needed for the job and my work experience.

My final round in-person interview consisted of an Excel Assessment and individual interviews with a Trader, the Director of S&T, and the VP of Sales. Each of these were similar to the phone interviews, except a little more in depth. They want to make sure that you will be a good fit for the highly competitive and high pressure environment of the company, and that you also possess the aptitude to be a successful trader.

I came away from the interview experience being impressed with a number of things: the highly competitive, meritocratic environment (not for everyone, but exactly what I was looking for), the compensation package, the physical workspace (new buildings and great gym), and the people (high energy, all from top schools, many athletes and entrepreneurs, and most importantly they seemed like people I would enjoy working with).

Interview Questions
    • Excel Assessment   View Answer
    • Have you ever bought and sold anything with the express intention of making a profit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in August 2011.

I had an initial phone interview with the head recruiter, and we spoke for close to an hour about my past educational and work experience. She also asked me specific questions regarding my knowledge of the negotiation process and the skills required to be an effective negotiator. I then had a similar phone interview with a trader a couple days later. He was very informative and seemed to enjoy his job and the benefits it provides. I was then asked to take a personality test and then come in to the office for in-person interviews. There I was given an Excel test and was asked to provide a writing sample answering general questions about my personality and goals. I spoke with another trader and then the Director and VP of Sales and Trading. They were all welcoming and we were able to connect on a variety of my past experiences. In the 1:1 interviews, more questions were focused on negotiations and how one can come to the most desirable agreement in the capital asset market. Overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing with CAE and I am very pleased that an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a prospective seller to decrease the value of their equipment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in August 2011.

CAE’s recruitment process was very quick and thorough. I was moved from the initial phone interview to the final round of interviews in less than a week! The recruiter did a great job of giving me a clear picture of my daily job responsibilities and was very honest about CAE’s fast-pasted, competitive environment.

Before my in-person interview, I observed the trading floor while sitting in the waiting area. Everyone was on the phone, swiftly walking around to interact with each other. I even saw two guys high five and it looked like they had closed a deal. People seemed to be enjoying what they were doing and making a direct impact on the company.

During my interview, I spoke with the Director of Operations and Recruitment and the Director of Sales and Trading. They both delivered a clear picture of the role and environment. I also was given a tour of the on-site gym with a pool, spa and rock-climbing wall! Then, I was invited back to meet with the CEO. He answered all my questions about the company’s history, vision and bright future. After the interview, I received a follow up call the same day!

Overall, CAE seems like an extremely fast-paced company where you can really make an impact.

Capital Asset Trader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading).

Do not wish to disclose