CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
  www.caeonline.com

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Interview Questions

Trader Interview

Long interview process because of many applicants. But there is super high turn over.

Not much.

Trader Interview

Extremely Fast. Conducted phone interview, heard back one week later, final round interview the following week. Received offer 30 minutes after final interview.

Capital Asset Trader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading).

A recruiter reached out to me. I hated my previous job but I wasn't ready to jump ship yet. So I spoke with her and gathered some more information about the position, told her where I was at in terms of job search. She told me that if she were to move me forward, I had to be pretty serious about switching job. And that's how we left the conversation. Few months later, she reached out to me again and see if I'd changed my mind. I thought I should give it a shot. So I went through few more rounds of phone interviews then an in-person interview. The rest is history...I didn't expect the turnaround time was so quick.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an example of buy/sell experience you'd had. (It's not so much the question that was unexpected, but the in-depth details they were looking for took me by surprise).   Answer Question

Capital Asset Trader Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with senior trader, in person (3 rounds, meet CEO), hired on the spot.

Capital Asset Trader
 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2013.

I contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn with my interest in the company and my resume attached. The following day I was scheduled for an interview. The first interview was over the phone and consisted of speaking with the recruiter. She went over my resume with the typical behavior interview questions that were geared toward sales. It was clear that without strong monthly sales your job was on the line after two months.

When monthly sales incentives such as, driving a Ferrari for a day or getting a Rolex came up I felt a tacky, classless corporate culture associate with the firm. This position clearly had no transferable skills in the finance industry, as they don't even use PC's but Mac's instead.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three characteristics of a good negotiator?   Answer Question

Liquids Market Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in August 2012.

I was initially contacted via email and asked for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, and then I was asked to come in for a in-person interview. I was very surprised and really enjoyed the very straight forward form of communication. Right away it was clear to me that meritocracy is part of the culture, something I really enjoy.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a product to sell, what are the steps you would take to find an appropriate buyer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in May 2012.

I applied through LinkedIn and I received an email from a recruiter of my availability for a phone interview. After reading the reviews about the company I realized what they are exactly looking for. I've been worked for more than 10 years and I had interviews more than 30 times and this interview was one of the most HORRIBLE interviews that I have ever had. Based on my experience, the interview process is like a conversation, back and forth not only the interviewer asking questions and the interviewee answers and receives no feedback. Usually, both partners should engage in a conversation. The recruiter called 20 minutes late, she did not introduce herself, she did not explain ANYTHING about the company and the procedure and even at the end of half an hour she did not ask if I have any questions.

Questions were about my experiences in Sales and if I have ever sold an equipment only for PROFIT.

Thanks to the glassdoor and this experience I have decided not to follow up the second interview.

It seems the company is so immature. I wish them luck.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever sold an equipment/ticket/anything only for PROFIT? Explain!   Answer Question

Equipment Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2012.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds.

Rounds 1 and 2 were on the phone, and consisted of behavioral questions, going over previous work experience, sales experience, and reasons as to why you want to work at CAE.

Round 3 consisted of an excel test (basic cell formatting, adding borders, changing font colors/backgrounds, etc), and 2 in person interviews -- 1 with a trader, and 1 with the director of trading.The interview was similar to the previous 2 rounds -- questions on why you want to be a trader, what motivates you, and any sales experience you may have. As the job entails meeting monthly sales quotas, and making 30-40 calls/day, they want to make sure you are a good fit. Traders make an average of 1-2 deals a month. The term position "trader" is a bit misleading, as you aren't trading financial securities, but acting more as a market maker, bringing together buyers and sellers of equipment (IE: lasers, manufacturing equipment, etc) and making a commission the difference between the 2 parties.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a car that was valued at $10,000, but selling for $5,000, how would you get the funds to complete this transaction?   View Answers (2)
    • You don't seem to have any sales experience (personal or work related), why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

International Sales and Trading Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2012.

I submitted my resume to CAE through a friend of mine working with the company. The next day a member of the recruiting team emailed me to set up a phone interview.

On the phone interview I walked the gal through my resume and then answered 4 or 5 specific questions. What motivates you? Why do you want to work in sales? Why are you interested in leaving your current job? What is it that we do at CAE? There were also a few questions geared towards office culture, negotiation, and ultimately the ability to close a deal.

After the phone interview there were in person interviews with a trader and members of the executive team. There is an excel test, written Q & A test, and a personality test as well.

The process is quick and to the point and reflects the high pressure - fast paced workplace.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about finding an undervalued piece of equipment?   Answer Question
    • Where would you look for a buyer, for a tool you are selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in December 2011.

I reached out to an HR employee of CAE on LinkedIn.com and sent her my resume along with a brief email describing my interest in the company. I heard back from her within a matter of days and scheduled a first round phone interview. I was on the East Coast and would be relocating for this job, so the total interview process consisted of a first round phone interview with HR, a phone interview with a Trader, a phone interview with the Director of Operations and Recruitment, and a final round in-person interview with 3 employees.

The first phone interview was with an Internal Recruiting Specialist. It was pretty much what I expected for a first round interview and she was pleasant to speak with. Know your resume and have an idea of what CAE does.

The next phone interview was with a Trader. He asked me a lot of detailed questions regarding my background and why I was interested in CAE. He also gave me some different scenarios and asked me how I'd respond to them, as well as some questions that tested my negotiating skills. The trader came from a finance background and definitely seemed like he knew his stuff. I asked him a number of questions about the market for capital assets and the strategies for trading them, and he gave me very detailed answers.

The final phone interview was with the Director of Operations and Recruitment. This interview was similar to the one with the Trader, except it went into a little bit more detail with each of the questions regarding both the skills needed for the job and my work experience.

My final round in-person interview consisted of an Excel Assessment and individual interviews with a Trader, the Director of S&T, and the VP of Sales. Each of these were similar to the phone interviews, except a little more in depth. They want to make sure that you will be a good fit for the highly competitive and high pressure environment of the company, and that you also possess the aptitude to be a successful trader.

I came away from the interview experience being impressed with a number of things: the highly competitive, meritocratic environment (not for everyone, but exactly what I was looking for), the compensation package, the physical workspace (new buildings and great gym), and the people (high energy, all from top schools, many athletes and entrepreneurs, and most importantly they seemed like people I would enjoy working with).

Interview Questions
    • Excel Assessment   View Answer
    • Have you ever bought and sold anything with the express intention of making a profit?   Answer Question