CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in August 2011.

Interview Details – CAE’s recruitment process was very quick and thorough. I was moved from the initial phone interview to the final round of interviews in less than a week! The recruiter did a great job of giving me a clear picture of my daily job responsibilities and was very honest about CAE’s fast-pasted, competitive environment.

Before my in-person interview, I observed the trading floor while sitting in the waiting area. Everyone was on the phone, swiftly walking around to interact with each other. I even saw two guys high five and it looked like they had closed a deal. People seemed to be enjoying what they were doing and making a direct impact on the company.

During my interview, I spoke with the Director of Operations and Recruitment and the Director of Sales and Trading. They both delivered a clear picture of the role and environment. I also was given a tour of the on-site gym with a pool, spa and rock-climbing wall! Then, I was invited back to meet with the CEO. He answered all my questions about the company’s history, vision and bright future. After the interview, I received a follow up call the same day!

Overall, CAE seems like an extremely fast-paced company where you can really make an impact.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with the head recruiter, and we spoke for close to an hour about my past educational and work experience. She also asked me specific questions regarding my knowledge of the negotiation process and the skills required to be an effective negotiator. I then had a similar phone interview with a trader a couple days later. He was very informative and seemed to enjoy his job and the benefits it provides. I was then asked to take a personality test and then come in to the office for in-person interviews. There I was given an Excel test and was asked to provide a writing sample answering general questions about my personality and goals. I spoke with another trader and then the Director and VP of Sales and Trading. They were all welcoming and we were able to connect on a variety of my past experiences. In the 1:1 interviews, more questions were focused on negotiations and how one can come to the most desirable agreement in the capital asset market. Overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing with CAE and I am very pleased that an offer was extended to me.

Interview Question – How would you convince a prospective seller to decrease the value of their equipment?   Answer Question

Capitial Asset Trader Interview

Capitial Asset Trader
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in February 2010.

Interview Details – Intimidating phone interview followed by and equally intimidating interviews with employees.

Interview Question – Are you aware of the amount of time that you will be working on the daily and weekly basis.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After speaking with other employees off the record decided that it was not the place for me. Seemed as though the company lacks work/life balance.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trader/Sales Interview

Trader/Sales
Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in March 2011.

Interview Details – First I received an email from the leading HR person asking to schedule a phone interview. I later spoke with her for about 15 minutes discussing my resume and other basic things. Thanks to an earlier Glassdoor posting :) it was clear what type of personality I needed to convey, so I presented myself as an excessively confident, compensation-focused person. This was very well received. Throughout the interview, I made progressively cockier statements (nothing inappropriate, just things like "of course I want a meritocracy, since I'm awesome" paraphrased, of course).

There was one more phone interview with the VP of Sales. Same deal as the first interview. The onsite interview was a bit shocking. The place reminded me of the movie Boiler Room. I was immediately turned off by the negative, almost sick ambience of the place. One of the traders I met with clearly had no interest in me or his job, and was very straightforward about how most people there were miserable. I don't think was to weed out undesirable candidates--this person was genuinely unhappy. I met with the VP of Sales, CEO, and a trader. They don't seem to know anything about semiconductor equipment (my one night of preparation seemed to give me more knowledge than they had, and furthermore, even the VP of Sales seemed unable to understand basic financial concepts. Everyone there seemed like a total salesman, with the exception of the CEO who seems to be milking the situation like Gordon Gecko, with no long term plans for the place.

No one there was rude or unprofessional, it just seemed like they were very, very stressed out and unhappy, and I was seeing them at their worst. Also,

Interview Question – Are you aware how many hours this position requires?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This place was scary. I genuinely feel sorry for the people there. They seem like good people who were traumatized into some sort of miserable existence. I only recommend this place if you have absolutely no other options. You won't gain any solid transferable experience, and no one will even recognize the soldier you are for enduring, since this place is relatively unknown.

CAE Trader Interview

CAE Trader
Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews by phone. The first interview was pretty easy and was only aimed to get to know who you are. The second interview is a little bit tricky. It's set up to seem like an informative session. However, they are looking for people who are money hungry. If you fit any other profile you will not be offer a 3rd round. They want to see fire and hunger in you.

Interview Question – What motivates you in life?   View Answer

Capital Trader Interview

Capital Trader
Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of:
-HR call to explore possibility of a mutual fit
-1:1 phone interview with managing director
- In person interview with 4 members of the team
  - Trader
  - Senior Trader
  - VP of Sales
  - CEO
- Excel Assessment before the group interview begins

Questions:
- Know your resume and your applicable skills/experiences
- "How do you handle stress?"
- In general, prepare for a grilling

Interview Question – Excel Assessment   View Answer

Capital Equipment Trader Interview

Capital Equipment Trader
Redwood City, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial Contact and Two Phone Interviews:

Contacted the Recruiter and I had a phone interview with her the same week. During the phone interview I was just asked a few basic questions about my work and school experience. After a successful first phone interview I was scheduled to have a second phone interview with one of the traders. The second interviewer was more informative and asked all my questions in great detail. Again I did well and within a few hours I was notified that they wanted me to come in for an in house interview. They did not offer to fly me out for the interview or reimburse me for my travel expenses. Despite this I went ahead and booked my ticket from Phoenix to the Bay Area.

In-House Interview:

In an email they prompted me to arrive 15 minutes prior to my 3 pm interview for some "paperwork." The "paperwork" consisted of the following behavioral questions, e.g."What words will your peers use to describe you?" "What will you bring to this organization?" etc. Immediately after completing 4 of these questions and with less than 10 minutes before the interview I am given a prompt for an "Excel Test." that was to be taken on a Mac.

The "Excel Test" required me to create a table with instructions on how to boil water. Sounds simple enough but there were about 20 steps that I had to follow with very tedious and specific formatting instructions. Needless to say, I was not able to complete the test within the time constraints.

1st Interviewer:

The first interviewer was a lady who immediately commented on the fact that I did not finish the test in time. I responded that although I have done many projects on Excel, I had never did any of the tedious formatting required in such a short period of time. She mainly emphasized that the job was very stressful, filled with aggressive Type-A personality types. She emphasized the long-hours and the fact that it is a cutthroat environment. She also explained that the employees at this job value money more than anything. Our interview finished in about 20 minutes.

2nd Interviewer:

My interview with this gentleman was one of the worst experiences that I have had in a professional setting. He begins by comparing his academic achievement with my own by saying that he completed 3 majors in the time that it took me to complete one. He spent most the time talking about himself than taking the time of day to get to know about me. It was obvious that he did not take the interview seriously and was using it as a time to gloat about himself and belittle me. While I was answering a question he rudely picked up his phone and took a personal call. Towards the end of the interview I was asked three brain teasers. 1. How many dogs in the world have exactly the same number of hairs? 2. What is the probability that 3 ants that each start walking from their respective corners of a triangle will not collide with each other? 3. What is the probability that you will roll a 7 if you roll two dice five times?

I interviewed on the 11th on January and have not heard back from the company. I can tell you that from my experience with the second interviewer, I absolutely do not want to work for this company even if they give me a 6-figure offer. My advice for anyone interviewing this company is to be ready to deal with arrogant and ego-centric individuals.

Interview Questions

• How many dogs in the world have the same exact number of hairs?   View Answers (3)
  • What is the probability that three ants that begin walking from their respective corners of a triangle will not collide with each other?   View Answer

International Sales and Trade Interview

International Sales and Trade

Interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

Interview Details – You have the online application. A first round phone interview with the HR person. Then another interview with a trader. The you have in house interviews in which the upper management interview one by one.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to negotiate a price for something you didnt know the value for.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Capital Asset Trader

I applied online and interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading).

Interview Details – Do not wish to disclose

Interview Question – It was a very easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales & Trading Associate Interview

Sales & Trading Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading).

Interview Details – -First round phone interview
-Second round phone interview
-Third round in-house interview

First round interview is with the Human Resource department; this is mostly behavior based, personality test questions. The purpose of this round is to test whether you will be a good fit and give you and general view of the aspect of the job

Second round and third round test your competency on the job.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)