CAE

Very Easy Interview

Flight Instructor Interview

Flight Instructor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Interview Details – Done on Skype very professional

Interview Question – the interview was clear cut   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NONE

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Question – Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-op Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

Negotiation Details – It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

IT COOP Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Review this code sample, what does it do?   View Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE in May 2012.

Interview Details – Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Question – How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Courseware Developer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was called for a written test then an interview. The test was for 2 hours checking my grammatical skills. I fared alright to move to the next phase of interview. The test included basic grammatical skill test and an essay question. I scored 60% in the test, which was good enough to pass.

Interview Question – Interview was pleasant without any cross-questioning. Two people took the interview for the writing skills. Disucssion on my performnace of the test was discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotitation was entertained

CSA Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Just tell you have worked on something related to Aircraft, make a good story

Negotiation Details – Ask for maximum

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Systems Software Specialist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in April 2012.

Interview Details – I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Question – *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAE

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CAE interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by CAE employees and interview candidates.