CAE

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE.

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Review this code sample, what does it do?   View Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE in May 2012.

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Done on Skype very professional

NONE

Project Manager Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions
    • A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CAE.

3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Systems Software Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English.
    2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after?
    After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CAE.

I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   View Answer