CAE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE.

Interview

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW-

Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative.

Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable.

I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer.

Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate.

Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly.

All I can recommend is double-check everything!

Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

Negotiation

It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review this code sample, what does it do?   1 Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE (DFW, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Done on Skype very professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CAE (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted within about 2 weeks by the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manger a few days later for an interview. The first half of the interview, I was asked questions about my previous work experience as well as other typical interview questions. The second half of the interview was technical and I was shown around the facility. I left feeling very confident that I did well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to identify certain equipment.   1 Answer

Systems Software Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral questions and the second one was pure technical. In the technical interview, I was given a test to solve. The test was about C programming, control system,.. kind of basic about control systems...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something that you believe it is not correct?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CAE (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a local recruitment website and was contacted about a week later.

My interview with the Head of Legal was straightforward and helpful. She made it very clear about expectation of the role and things I would need to consider in the role especially about the travelling that would be involved.

After a hiatus, I was asked to return for a second interview with the head of human resources but did not take it further after considering the travelling factor.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.