CAE

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.7

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE.

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW-

Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative.

Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable.

I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer.

Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate.

Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly.

All I can recommend is double-check everything!

Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE.

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Review this code sample, what does it do?   View Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE in May 2012.

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Done on Skype very professional

NONE

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.

Project Manager Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions
    • A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CAE.

3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..