CAE

Very Easy Interview

Flight Instructor Interview

Flight Instructor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Interview Details – Done on Skype very professional

Interview Question – the interview was clear cut   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – NONE

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Question – Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

Negotiation Details – It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Coop Interview

IT Coop
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Review this code sample, what does it do?   View Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Group Lead Scheduler
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE in May 2012.

Interview Details – Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Question – How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Question – A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

CSA
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Courseware Developer Interview

Courseware Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was called for a written test then an interview. The test was for 2 hours checking my grammatical skills. I fared alright to move to the next phase of interview. The test included basic grammatical skill test and an essay question. I scored 60% in the test, which was good enough to pass.

Interview Question – Interview was pleasant without any cross-questioning. Two people took the interview for the writing skills. Disucssion on my performnace of the test was discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotitation was entertained

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Just tell you have worked on something related to Aircraft, make a good story

Negotiation Details – Ask for maximum

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Systems Software Specialist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!