CAE

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CAE in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR depertment person in CAE with coop postion for engineering (simulator)

What do you enjoy most about working here?

"Why are you the best person for this job?"

"Have you ever had to discipline a problem employee? If so, how did you handle it?"

"What is the toughest problem you've had to face, and how did you overcome it?"
What do you feel has been your greatest work-related accomplishment?"

Interview Questions

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Interview Question – The Tech questions were ok, I am bad with HR stuff.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

Negotiation Details – It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Just tell you have worked on something related to Aircraft, make a good story

Negotiation Details – Ask for maximum

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CAE in April 2008.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from HR to ask my expected salary and to schedule an in-person interview.
The in-person interview was conducted with the HR rep and engineering group leader.
The questions were related to personality and response to hypothetical scenarios, rather than technical. For example:

- If you had a choice between a small project where you would be involved from beginning to end, or a big project where you would work on a small part but where the project would havea big impact on the company, which would you choose?

- While working on a task you realize you will not be able to complete it on time. What do you do?

- How would your colleagues describe you?

- What are your short-term career goals?

- Are you willing to travel for work?

- Are you willing to work overtime?

Interview Question – If you felt strongly about a new idea or solution but your most senior colleague strongly disagreed, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – - non-negotiable, standard base salary.

CSA Interview

CSA
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CAE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Question – A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

Electrical Systems Designer II Interview

Electrical Systems Designer II
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CAE in February 2011.

Interview Details – Questions include:

How well do you handle stress?
Did you ever get into a situation where you were in a conflict with a co-worker? How did you resolve it?
If you can't figure out how to do something, what would you do in this case?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Quick 3 question general technical test.

Interview Question – Which university courses did you enjoy the most and why?   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Question – Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAE

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CAE interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by CAE employees and interview candidates.