CAE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

Project Manager Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Done on Skype very professional

NONE

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Basic questions - conflict resolution. Easy interview.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CAE in February 2010.

HR girl called to book the interview with the HR manager and the Manager of the departement. Initially it was schedule 2 weeks a head, then she called back saying that it was urgent and the interview need it to be schedule sooner. The interview went well, at the end HR mgr advice me that I might be over qualitfy for the position. He gave me the next steps for the following weeks, 2 weeks after I called back and he told me that they were deciding within the following week. They told me that they were going to call back regardless of the outcome... they never did.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2010.

I applied online but never got a reply and heard that one of my colleagues got a job. A few months went by when I learnt that that colleage did not continue with the job (he accepted the offer but only worked for one week then left) I rang the company and got the interview arranged in the next week.
    The interview was with a panle of three people and the HR girl: the Simulation Software Manager, a Software Manager and a system architect. The interview was not hard as they were desperate to find people with an Austelain Defense Secret clearance - which I have - after my colleage left the company after only there for one week.
    Basic questions were why I want to work there, what do I know about CAE, what I have been doing, why do I leave my current employer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about CAE and why do you want to work for CAE ?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing and why are you thinking of leaving your current employer ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The HR girl rang me up and said with this position we can only offer that much of money and if you agree then we'll proceed with the interview. It was difficult to find work at the time so I agreed with what on offer.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CAE in May 2010.

Was pinged by company to switch to them as they were forming a new team. We had 2 informal meetings with project lead whom I knew and the 2 project "owners". HR took over beyond that and we had one meeting followed by back and forth offers and counter offers. People are friendly but HR felt cold and wanting to play hardball. Offices in Montreal (mothership) are dreadful compared to the ones in St-Laurent.

Interview Questions
    • Why you over that new graduate willing to work for 25K/y?   View Answer

Would've been a pay cut to where I was at. Counter-offered, which was accepted after a 3 month probation period.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE in September 2012.

I had a previous chat with the HR person over the phone, after which I got an interview with them. They explained to me the job I would work on and what was required. Overall it wasn't really though and was mostly relaxed talk about the company and what they needed me to do.

Courseware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in November 2011.

Initially I was called for a written test then an interview. The test was for 2 hours checking my grammatical skills. I fared alright to move to the next phase of interview. The test included basic grammatical skill test and an essay question. I scored 60% in the test, which was good enough to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pleasant without any cross-questioning. Two people took the interview for the writing skills. Disucssion on my performnace of the test was discussed.   Answer Question
    No negotitation was entertained

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2012.

I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Questions
    • *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer
    They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question