CAE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 parties. Me, HR and my potential team leader. HR works as the "match-maker" and is the one asking questions to the other two parties. i.e. question for the team leader: "What's the most important quality you value?" question for me:"What did you do before best demonstrate this quality?"

Interview Questions

• question for the team leader: "What's the most important quality you value?" question for me:"What did you do before best demonstrate this quality?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was nothing special - in fact it was very low key. i was able to meet multiple prospective co-workers, guided on a physical visit at the main HQ plant, provided a few demonstrations of the technology and provided a comprehensive packet on all company benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Systems Software Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral questions and the second one was pure technical. In the technical interview, I was given a test to solve. The test was about C programming, control system,.. kind of basic about control systems...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something that you believe it is not correct?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CAE (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a local recruitment website and was contacted about a week later. My interview with the Head of Legal was straightforward and helpful. She made it very clear about expectation of the role and things I would need to consider in the role especially about the travelling that would be involved. After a hiatus, I was asked to return for a second interview with the head of human resources but did not take it further after considering the travelling factor.

Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAE (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted within about 2 weeks by the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manger a few days later for an interview. The first half of the interview, I was asked questions about my previous work experience as well as other typical interview questions. The second half of the interview was technical and I was shown around the facility. I left feeling very confident that I did well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to identify certain equipment.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CAE in July 2011.

Interview

It's a very long process 1) HR phone call, 2) face to face with hiring group leader and a team lead 3) his/her manager 4) back and forth negotiations with HR 5) security and referral check I couldnt believe how long its taking

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

HR involvement in the interview process was minimal. More time was spent with managers in the Department in which I'd would be working. There was a relatively long time between my interview and the actual offer of employment. Was introduced to staff members prior to starting work (which helped in the overall on-boarding process).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and benefits were competitive so negotiations weren't that critical.

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Some brain storming questions. Simple C++ test Some QA to get to know you...etc They make you wait in the lobby for like 20 minutes then walk you into the HR section and tell you to wait for interviewer (i thought thats what i was doing) Then you wait another 20 minutes, finally they come interview you

Interview Questions

• Gave me 30 minutes to complete a C++ test   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW- Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative. Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable. I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer. Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate. Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly. All I can recommend is double-check everything! Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.