CAE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Systems Software Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral questions and the second one was pure technical. In the technical interview, I was given a test to solve. The test was about C programming, control system,.. kind of basic about control systems...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something that you believe it is not correct?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CAE (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a local recruitment website and was contacted about a week later.

My interview with the Head of Legal was straightforward and helpful. She made it very clear about expectation of the role and things I would need to consider in the role especially about the travelling that would be involved.

After a hiatus, I was asked to return for a second interview with the head of human resources but did not take it further after considering the travelling factor.

Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CAE (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted within about 2 weeks by the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manger a few days later for an interview. The first half of the interview, I was asked questions about my previous work experience as well as other typical interview questions. The second half of the interview was technical and I was shown around the facility. I left feeling very confident that I did well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to identify certain equipment.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CAE in July 2011.

Interview

It's a very long process

1) HR phone call,
    2) face to face with hiring group leader and a team lead
    3) his/her manager
    4) back and forth negotiations with HR
    5) security and referral check

I couldnt believe how long its taking

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

HR involvement in the interview process was minimal. More time was spent with managers in the Department in which I'd would be working. There was a relatively long time between my interview and the actual offer of employment. Was introduced to staff members prior to starting work (which helped in the overall on-boarding process).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and benefits were competitive so negotiations weren't that critical.

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Some brain storming questions. Simple C++ test
    Some QA to get to know you...etc
    They make you wait in the lobby for like 20 minutes then walk you into the HR section and tell you to wait for interviewer (i thought thats what i was doing)
    Then you wait another 20 minutes, finally they come interview you

Interview Questions

• Gave me 30 minutes to complete a C++ test   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAE.

Interview

Basic questions about background and what the job entails. There was a phone call to discuss initial background, than an in-person interview with the Sales Director and an Account Executive. Later on there was a follow-up call from a Regional Manager.

This was for a sales position in DFW-

Was ultimately offered a position, and was initially told there was a much different, more lucrative salary structure but later found out it had changed, and wasn't as lucrative.

Initial interview for the job began in December 2014, but they didn't offer me the position until the first week in February. Almost 1.5 months of waiting. I think 4-5 weeks from an initial interview, at most, is acceptable.

I kind of regretted holding out for the position as I lost out on other opportunities and it hurt my finances. Apparently their 2014 salary structure(which was offered in December to me) had changed in FY2015. I was told it had changed, until I was about to start working, so I declined the offer.

Health Insurance is also sky-high. I wouldn't even consider the insurance costs average for the industry. For basic employee only HMO, the plan is $78 bi-weekly. It's nice to see it offered, but I wouldn't consider it a 'competitive' rate.

Had the initial salary structure I was initially offered remained the same I would have worked there. I felt mislead about the opportunity. I also gauged the initial start date incorrectly.

All I can recommend is double-check everything!

Not sure what the people are like since I didn't get to work with them, the building seemed very nice. It's probably a decent working environment.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions

• A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question