CAE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

Project Manager Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Applied through the University's Internship program. Got an interview in a few weeks. Was a great experience, very rateable interviewer. Ask more about what you were looking to learn from the internship. There were a few technical questions regarding C++ and Digital Circuits. Also a few questions to test how you would think about implementing a certain technology.

Interview Questions
    • A logic circuit diagram, accompanied by two versions of some code. Had to identify the correct code for the circuit.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CAE in January 2010.

Pretty straight forward

Courseware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in November 2011.

Initially I was called for a written test then an interview. The test was for 2 hours checking my grammatical skills. I fared alright to move to the next phase of interview. The test included basic grammatical skill test and an essay question. I scored 60% in the test, which was good enough to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pleasant without any cross-questioning. Two people took the interview for the writing skills. Disucssion on my performnace of the test was discussed.   Answer Question
    No negotitation was entertained

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Done on Skype very professional

NONE

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Just tell you have worked on something related to Aircraft, make a good story

Ask for maximum

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAE.

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2013.

Interview was about 3 hours long. I was interviewed by HR, supervisor, and some engineers. I HR questions were basic. No technical questions, just questions about class projects, team work, time-management, etc.

It's an internship, so there was no negotiation.

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CAE in July 2010.

First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2012.

I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Questions
    • *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer
    They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.