CAE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CAE.

Met HR at university career fair, had a discussion on roles available.
    Got a interview call from another HR in a week's time, interview was pretty good, two TL's took the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No question was very difficult, if you know C/C++ well, your chances of getting selected are high :)   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CAE in September 2012.

I had a previous chat with the HR person over the phone, after which I got an interview with them. They explained to me the job I would work on and what was required. Overall it wasn't really though and was mostly relaxed talk about the company and what they needed me to do.

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE.

The interview begins with a technical exam. They ask a range of questions to test your ability to think critically. The test includes design and programming questions.

Senior technical staff then enters to dicuss the test with you. You review your answers and yur reasoning. They discuss the nature of the work and what to expect. They finally test your soft skills. If they are comfortable with you, you move on the HR interview which is largely a negotiation.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in April 2012.

I met 2 interviewers. A manager and a programmer. They asked a few traditionnal question like why CAE, etc.. Then they asked a very few and easy technical C++ questions and some about design patterns. Finally, they asked some very broad questions about airplanes. I did not study in that field but the questions were easy enough so with general knowledge you could answer them.

Interview Questions
    • *The interviewer shows an image of a screen in the cockpit of an airplane* then asked: Why are some text overlapping in the image?   View Answer
    They called me a week after and offered me the position I applied for.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Basic questions - conflict resolution. Easy interview.

Courseware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in November 2011.

Initially I was called for a written test then an interview. The test was for 2 hours checking my grammatical skills. I fared alright to move to the next phase of interview. The test included basic grammatical skill test and an essay question. I scored 60% in the test, which was good enough to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pleasant without any cross-questioning. Two people took the interview for the writing skills. Disucssion on my performnace of the test was discussed.   Answer Question
    No negotitation was entertained

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CAE in June 2011.

A phone interview, followed by written exam, 1:1 interview, panel interview, HR interview

Do negotiate

Electrical Systems Designer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAE in February 2011.

Questions include:

How well do you handle stress?
    Did you ever get into a situation where you were in a conflict with a co-worker? How did you resolve it?
    If you can't figure out how to do something, what would you do in this case?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Quick 3 question general technical test.

Interview Questions
    • Which university courses did you enjoy the most and why?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CAE in December 2010.

Rh, test and interview

Interview Questions
    • as a 3d artist why would you stay in the healthcare buisness?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CAE in August 2010.

I had a phone interview with HR depertment person in CAE with coop postion for engineering (simulator)

What do you enjoy most about working here?

"Why are you the best person for this job?"

"Have you ever had to discipline a problem employee? If so, how did you handle it?"

"What is the toughest problem you've had to face, and how did you overcome it?"
    What do you feel has been your greatest work-related accomplishment?"