CAE

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CAE in July 2010.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Interview Question – The Tech questions were ok, I am bad with HR stuff.   Answer Question

Systems Software Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English.
2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after?
After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CAE.

Interview Details – I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Question – Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAE

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CAE Systems Software Specialist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CAE employees and interview candidates.