CAMH Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.1

Project Coordinator Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager and had interview with hiring manager and 3 senior managers. There was a lot of paper work to sign and a lot of training to do.

Interview Questions
    • About thoughts on diversity and equality. Hard to answer   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CAMH.

Interview is question and case based and it is scored. There are at least 2 individuals interviewing you, I've had up to 6. Then, there is often a testing component. For a research position, this could a statistics analysis to be done, a presentation to be made, or a series of questions asking the research methods you would use to approach the question given.

Interview Questions
    • What is your process in a systematic literature review?   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CAMH in January 2014.

Sent in resume and cover letter to HR email, but addressed cover letter to manager of department I was applying to. They are the ones who will be making the final decisions. Called in for an interview several weeks later and was not given much notice. I was Interviewed by the Department manager and an HR staff member. They took turns asking me to answer questions and wrote down notes while I spoke. There are 10 questions, they will be about topics covered in the job posting. They will usually also ask you about what diversity means to you as diversity is an important part of CAMH's corporate structure. This portion of the interview took half an hour and for the second potion of my interview I had to perform and excel test because it was relevant to my job. I was given half an hour for this portion as well. Make sure you log in and and open excel before they start the timer as it can take some time for the computer to boot up. Was called about a week and a half later to be informed that they would be checking my references and if those checked out I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would handle a hostile mentally unstable patient in my office. I am not clinical staff so I did not have any idea how to answer.   View Answer
    I was just happy to be given the job so I just signed all the papers there were. Also most positions are unionised to the pay is regulated by the union.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CAMH in March 2013.

I applied online,received a call three weeks later to book a face to face interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CAMH in February 2012.

Initial interview with research head. Second interview with research head and management representative. Interview was focused on previous research experience, current research goals, knowledge on research types and analysis of data. Lastly, emphasis on previous work cultures and relationships with co-worker and employers.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with internal differences with co-workers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CAMH in June 2010.

I applied online for a Business Analyst position and was called in for a short inital interview that was more like a casual conversation. I was later called back for a more formal panel interview with 4 persons, had a series of behavioural interviewing questions I had to orally respond to. This included, at the end, a written, essay-like test where I was asked how I would respond in a particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about diversity in a community or society as a whole.   Answer Question

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CAMH in September 2009.

The initial contact, interview, and hiring process took 6 weeks. Interviews are via panel - usually with 2 to 3 people: HR representative, the program manager, and a clinical executive. Each interview questioned is weighed and scored. Expect about 10 questions, usually there is one on Diversity and what it means to you; one on your time management skills; one question on how you prioritize work. Be prepared to answer scenario questions, i.e. "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions such as, "what would you do if a Manager comes to you with a project, then the Admin Director comes to you with another task, and then a client asks you to do something for them. Which one would your prioritize and why...?"   Answer Question

RPN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CAMH in July 2009.

posting resume, followed by follow up and facing interview panel. standard questionnaire in the interview by a panel of three professionals.verbal confirmation obtained within a wee, followed by one week of orientation.