CAMH Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.1

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

In person with PI and manager. Standard research and scenario questions. Also asked about research skills pertinent to position. Asked what would I do if a participant started to stalk me. asked what SPSS and such skills I have. Asked questions about my practicum experience at CAMH.

Research Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position via the external Employment opportunities page on the CAMH website on March 19th, 2015. I received an email from the research manager on May 6th, 2015 requesting an interview on May 15th, 2015. The email was very kind. During the interview the research manager and the research-scientist were very kind, making jokes, being very personable. It was a very positive experience. I was asked for my references and told that I would hear from them by the end of May. I received a phone call from the research manager on May 25th, 2015 informing me that they were unable to hire any of the candidates because none of them met the requirements to qualify as an RA II. As such, they were forced to repost the job internally as an RA I (CAMH HRs rules). The research manager encouraged me to apply.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you? How do you promote diversity in your practice? What would you do if a participant reported that they were feeling that the intervention wasn't working or making things worse? What would you do if a conflict with team members arose? Other role-related questions (e.g. do you have experience administering the SCID, questions about my thesis etc)   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Submitted application online and received a call back a week later. This was followed by a Pre-screen phone interview after which i was invited for an on-site interview. On-site interview turned out to be a panel interview, something that was not communicated. Job was offered the next day.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions relating to project management and some behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager and had interview with hiring manager and 3 senior managers. There was a lot of paper work to sign and a lot of training to do.

Interview Questions

• About thoughts on diversity and equality. Hard to answer   Answer Question

Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CAMH (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard panel interview. We laughed an awful lot together because we clicked. There were 3 people...manager, matrix manager, and a future colleague. Spent about 90 minutes together because of the laughing...questions were pretty standard. Make sure you know about the CAMH values, strat plan and mental health plans for camh as well as Ontario.

Interview Questions

• What I know about diversity. What approach to evaluation do I use.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Interview is question and case based and it is scored. There are at least 2 individuals interviewing you, I've had up to 6. Then, there is often a testing component. For a research position, this could a statistics analysis to be done, a presentation to be made, or a series of questions asking the research methods you would use to approach the question given.

Interview Questions

• What is your process in a systematic literature review?   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume and cover letter to HR email, but addressed cover letter to manager of department I was applying to. They are the ones who will be making the final decisions. Called in for an interview several weeks later and was not given much notice. I was Interviewed by the Department manager and an HR staff member. They took turns asking me to answer questions and wrote down notes while I spoke. There are 10 questions, they will be about topics covered in the job posting. They will usually also ask you about what diversity means to you as diversity is an important part of CAMH's corporate structure. This portion of the interview took half an hour and for the second potion of my interview I had to perform and excel test because it was relevant to my job. I was given half an hour for this portion as well. Make sure you log in and and open excel before they start the timer as it can take some time for the computer to boot up. Was called about a week and a half later to be informed that they would be checking my references and if those checked out I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a hostile mentally unstable patient in my office. I am not clinical staff so I did not have any idea how to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just happy to be given the job so I just signed all the papers there were. Also most positions are unionised to the pay is regulated by the union.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online,received a call three weeks later to book a face to face interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with research head. Second interview with research head and management representative. Interview was focused on previous research experience, current research goals, knowledge on research types and analysis of data. Lastly, emphasis on previous work cultures and relationships with co-worker and employers.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with internal differences with co-workers.   Answer Question

Research Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

Resume was submitted electronically in response to posting. Was called a few days following in posting date for interview. Interview took about an hour and consisted to 3 person panel going through list of questions related to the position. Questions were pretty standard. I was able to ask questions following the completion og their questions. A week following the interview I was contacted by the hiring manager to let me know I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation due to preset detailed union agreements.