CARQUEST Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Sales and Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

I submitted my application to the Carquest website which consisted of entering identification information, work history, and filling out a 50 question multiple choice survey. I received a call within a week of completing the application about a position. The manager was a bit unsure about the availability of the job since he was having trouble with an employee's work status, but had me come in to the store within a couple of days to interview and relate the job details. The interview was a fairly standard introductory conversation with the store manager where he went over the details of my application and the results of the survey. I was hired a week later and began trained for a few days before I was up to working a regular schedule.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

None at the time. Throw a set of keys at you and wish you good luck. But a lot has changed. Now they do 3 person panel interviews. Ive never been a part of one so Im not sure of the process

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Cocoa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Was called after a week of applying to position on the internet. Came in for a interview two days after initial contact and discussed previous work experience. The store manager was very open minded and the interview was very professional. After the interview it took about two weeks to start working.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slight higher pay since I had over three years experience in delivering from previous jobs.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Manhattan, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick 10 minute interview to see if you are a living breathing person. Also to see if you can actually show up to an interview on time and not a complete slob. Mainly they just want to know that you are capable of doing the job and able to help customers out with car related questions.

Interview Questions

• Know anything about cars? Can you drive? Have a license?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CARQUEST in January 2014.

Interview

It was more about how you would fit in to the position they were hiring for, no questions of past employment or if you were qualified or a safe driver.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CARQUEST in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview and a follow up interview. Need some work on their computer program to make it smoother. Did encounter problems in filling out all of the paperwork that was needed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle people giving you a hard time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO negotiation was allowed.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARQUEST (Madison, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied on CarQuest website. 2 days later got a phone call from a store manager. Set up a in person interview. I was told that my experience and talents was exactly what they were looking for. Offered and accepted job that day. While driving home was contacted by 2 other store managers, pulled over on a side street and called them back, informed them I had been hired by another store.

Interview Questions

• Will I be available 7 days a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything except hours. I highly recommend asking how long they expect you to be a driver before getting counter sales training, if that is what you intend to be when hired. If not you will be just a driver and temporary counter worker.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARQUEST in July 2013.

Interview

Not bad. All my interviews were over the phone where it's hard to establish a personal rapport. Overall, it went very quickly. I heard back after each round within a few days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sum up my employee relations philosophy in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

Phone screen followed by two face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Head of department asked questions that weren't necessarily pertinent to job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview

Applyiedonline, waited to receive call from store manager, I was invited in for an interview 3 weeks later, and I received the job on the spot. Drug test was approximately a week after initial paperwork was filed. Interview was informal, but this will vary depending on manager. Do not expect this same process, make sure you have a clean background and clean driving record if you are applying for driving position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected.