CARQUEST Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.3

Store Manager Interview

None at the time. Throw a set of keys at you and wish you good luck. But a lot has changed. Now they do 3 person panel interviews. Ive never been a part of one so Im not sure of the process

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CARQUEST in April 2014.

Was called after a week of applying to position on the internet. Came in for a interview two days after initial contact and discussed previous work experience. The store manager was very open minded and the interview was very professional. After the interview it took about two weeks to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you would deal with an unhappy customer   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a slight higher pay since I had over three years experience in delivering from previous jobs.

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardner, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardner, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at CARQUEST.

Went well

was none

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CARQUEST in September 2013.

I had an initial interview and a follow up interview. Need some work on their computer program
    to make it smoother. Did encounter problems in filling out all of the paperwork that was needed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle people giving you a hard time?   View Answer
    NO negotiation was allowed.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CARQUEST in August 2013.

Applied on CarQuest website. 2 days later got a phone call from a store manager. Set up a in person interview. I was told that my experience and talents was exactly what they were looking for. Offered and accepted job that day. While driving home was contacted by 2 other store managers, pulled over on a side street and called them back, informed them
    I had been hired by another store.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything except hours. I highly recommend asking how long they expect you to be a driver before getting counter sales training, if that is what you intend to be when hired. If not you will be just a driver and temporary counter worker.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CARQUEST in July 2013.

Not bad. All my interviews were over the phone where it's hard to establish a personal rapport. Overall, it went very quickly. I heard back after each round within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sum up my employee relations philosophy in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CARQUEST.

Phone screen followed by two face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Head of department asked questions that weren't necessarily pertinent to job.   Answer Question

Customer Delivery Teammate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CARQUEST.

Applyiedonline, waited to receive call from store manager, I was invited in for an interview 3 weeks later, and I received the job on the spot. Drug test was approximately a week after initial paperwork was filed. Interview was informal, but this will vary depending on manager. Do not expect this same process, make sure you have a clean background and clean driving record if you are applying for driving position.

Interview Questions
    I was offered more than I expected.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CARQUEST.

I had completely forgotten I had applied for Carquest, and the interviewer surprised me with his call. I had to go in and talk to the store management before being sent out for a drug test. After the test had been accepted I was required to go back in for another interview where I was told I had basically gotten the job. From there I had to learn their system, but started working soon.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work with the company.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, I was told that I was required to accept their pay and hours from the start.

Customer Service Teamate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at CARQUEST in May 2012.

Online App. 2-3hours, Interview. Drug test.

Negotiated for better hourly pay than 8.50