CARQUEST

Relevance Date Difficulty

Driver Interview

Driver
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CARQUEST in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Was interviewed by the Regional manager and store manager together. Regional Manager asked pretty much all the questions. They like to give you scenarios that might happen on the job, and ask how you would respond. Typically it would be, a customer calls and complains about this or that, how would you respond? They also ask the basic questions like are you knowledgeable about cars? Do you have any other commercial driving experience? All in all it took just one interview and about a week for them to offer me the job. Like I said very laid back, they mostly just want to find a person they can get along with who will fit into the store crew.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun? & How do you deal with on the job stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pretty much just give you min wage plus a dollar, after a year I got a one dollar raise. No point in negotiating unless you have LOTS of previous experience in a parts store or are an ASE certified tech.

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CARQUEST in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview and a follow up interview. Need some work on their computer program
to make it smoother. Did encounter problems in filling out all of the paperwork that was needed.

Interview Question – How would you handle people giving you a hard time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation was allowed.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Customer Service Teammate
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CARQUEST in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on CarQuest website. 2 days later got a phone call from a store manager. Set up a in person interview. I was told that my experience and talents was exactly what they were looking for. Offered and accepted job that day. While driving home was contacted by 2 other store managers, pulled over on a side street and called them back, informed them
I had been hired by another store.

Interview Question – Will I be available 7 days a week?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything except hours. I highly recommend asking how long they expect you to be a driver before getting counter sales training, if that is what you intend to be when hired. If not you will be just a driver and temporary counter worker.

Parts Driver Interview

Gardner, MA

I applied in-person and interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview Details – Went well

Negotiation Details – was none

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CARQUEST in July 2013.

Interview Details – Not bad. All my interviews were over the phone where it's hard to establish a personal rapport. Overall, it went very quickly. I heard back after each round within a few days.

Interview Question – I was asked to sum up my employee relations philosophy in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by two face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – Head of department asked questions that weren't necessarily pertinent to job.   Answer Question

Customer Delivery Teammate Interview

Customer Delivery Teammate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview Details – Applyiedonline, waited to receive call from store manager, I was invited in for an interview 3 weeks later, and I received the job on the spot. Drug test was approximately a week after initial paperwork was filed. Interview was informal, but this will vary depending on manager. Do not expect this same process, make sure you have a clean background and clean driving record if you are applying for driving position.

Interview Question – Nothing. Will vary depending on manager's decisions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I expected.

Customer Service Teammate Interview

Customer Service Teammate
Romeoville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CARQUEST.

Interview Details – I had completely forgotten I had applied for Carquest, and the interviewer surprised me with his call. I had to go in and talk to the store management before being sent out for a drug test. After the test had been accepted I was required to go back in for another interview where I was told I had basically gotten the job. From there I had to learn their system, but started working soon.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work with the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I was told that I was required to accept their pay and hours from the start.

Customer Service Teamate Interview

Wilson, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at CARQUEST in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online App. 2-3hours, Interview. Drug test.

Reason for Declining – Negotiated for better hourly pay than 8.50

Very Easy Interview

CARQUEST DELIVERY TEAMMATE Interview

CARQUEST DELIVERY TEAMMATE
Beaumont, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CARQUEST in June 2011.

Interview Details – I found the job on my university's hiring portal. The application instructions were to call the store manager and ask about the job (I guess it was first-come first-serve). I called the guy, he asked to come in for an interview (which was basically "When can you start?"). Drug test, background check, then first day. Nothing rigorous about it. The "real" interview is the 90-day period following the hire, where your performance is evaluated.

Interview Question – Making a delivery the first hour on the job with no training whatsoever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Basically I was told it was $8/hr or no go.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CARQUEST? Contribute to the Community!

CARQUEST Videos

CARQUEST – Why Work for Us?

About Us: CARQUEST Auto Parts With its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, CARQUEST Auto Parts is the premier supplier of replacement products, accessories, supplies and equipment for virtually all makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CARQUEST interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by CARQUEST employees and interview candidates.