CB&I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.5

Shop Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CB&I (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interviewer was friendly and welcoming. It was easy talking to her and she didn't make me feel nervous or dumb for asking questions. She looked me in the eye when talking and appeared to be truly interested in me as a person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I wanted from working here...what my goals were   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CB&I.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few weeks later. They wanted to set up a phone interview which was mostly typical HR questions. If it goes well, they set another phone interview with the Lead Engineer you'd be working with. Finally, they give a skype or face-to-face interview with a few more professionals.

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CB&I (Clemson, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Sat down and talked to one of the sales managers that has been there a while. Casual conversation at first and then he asked me relatively easy questions. Seemed more interested in getting to know me and how well I would fit in than behavioral things. Note that there were behavioral questions but they were not as important

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was conflict in a team and how you responded   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CB&I (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was brief and straightforward, same questions as any other interview. Interviewers were extremely helpful and nice. They know how to make you relax and be yourself while you are being interviewed.

Global Support Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CB&I.

Interview

I received a phone call from the hiring manager that lasted around forty-five minutes to an hour discussing my experience and gaps in employment.

Five days later I received a call extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions regarding experience and gaps in employment. Situation questions were asked.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CB&I in October 2014.

Interview

Introduced at job fair, was then asked back for a second on campus interview. Interview was approximately thirty minutes long and was one on one. Interviewers were personable and helpful.

Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CB&I (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. This wasn't very technical and that causes me concern. I was concerned when told to prepare for a technical interview, by my recruiter, but no technical questions were asked. The software to be used seemed off-mainstream and did have a great deal of marketability.

Money was good, but I wanted to do more development to update and maintain marketability as a developer. Didn't feel this would help.

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CB&I (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was basic, easy questions.There was some explanation of curent projects.
    Offer was made for a contract position later that week. It took a few more days for the background check to go through, as soon as they got everything squared away they called and gave me a start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interviewd on a Tuesday was made an offer that Friday.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CB&I.

Interview

Interview arranged over the phone. Went to office for interview where I met with the office manager and project manager. Interview mostly consisted of conversation about what the company does on its various projects.

Billing Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CB&I (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The whole process was about two weeks. First there was a phone interview with a recruiter. Asked about things on resume and have I ever been in similar roles. There was nothing to that portion of the process. If you passed that portion you get invited to interview and they let you pick your own date. In the interview you sit with the Supervisor and billing manager. They ask you the normal line of questioning. Its like 10 questions and they basically are situation questions. Example: Have you ever had a time where you had a problem while working. What did you do to fix this that problem. I suggest being yourself and ask a few questions. If was one of the best interviews I have ever had. Told me a lot about the company an what to expect. After the interview they will tell you they will contact you if you are a good fit. The recruiter calls and will make you a job offer but to accept the offer she will send you a email with a link to accept the discussed offer. Thats when you will be scheduled for your drug test. Also at this time you will be receiving on boarding information that needs to be filled out and sent back to them. Before you know it you are at work.

Interview Questions

• What is your role you expect to be at in the next 5 years with the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made offer.... Counter offered.... Denied..... Accepted Original Offer