CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
www.cbc.ca Ottawa, Canada 5000+ Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Interview

Technology
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight forward. I was called by a recruiter, my resume was sent and then I was told I was approved for a meeting. I met with a senior developer, who quized me on some technology and finance questions, which went relatively well. I met with two people in total, left and received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What are the various types of risks associated with fixed income securities?   View Answer

Reporter Interview

Reporter
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – apply online, then do the interview if you are called.

Interview Question – problems you've had with other employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no real negotiation except the start date

Flag Interview

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Sr. Manager, Recruitment responded to this review

Mar 4, 2014

Hi there, thank you for your review ! Although 4 weeks + is not bad, we prefer when the process goes a little bit faster.

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Written test followed by HR interview with department manager

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the top of the offered salary band at the time. Vacation and health package is standard and not negotiable.

Mar 4, 2014

Thank you for your review ! We like it when interview process goes fast for everyone !

TV Director Interview

TV Director
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Transfer from Ottawa location.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, offer was weak and I had two options, take it or not.

Mar 4, 2014

Hi there, a lot of jobs are unionized and we must follow the collective agreement which sets salaries. Thank you for your comment.

Intern Interview

Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in December 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application through my college, and 2 weeks later I was notified by email that I was selected for an interview. They gave me the location, date, and time I was to be there. The interviewers were from the different departments I would be working in during the internship. During my interview, they asked about my volunteer experience, technical knowledge, and my about my experiences in college. They finished by asking if I had any questions. I was notified about 3 weeks later that I had been accepted. I confirmed my acceptance, and they gave me my start date.

Interview Question – If you were to light a set properly that happened to have a TV monitor as a part of the set, what tint would the TV have on a properly white-balanced camera, and how would you compensate for that tint and make it appear normal?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed recruiting process with lots of one on one meetings to find out more about the job.

Interview Question – How do you assess the participation of aboriginal people within media in Canada.   View Answer

Video Journalist Interview

Video Journalist
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Internal hiring and interview process. If you know someone you'll be more likely to get a job most postings have already been filled before they go up on the site. Young and established journalists will do best. If you can get in via an internship you will likely do better than applying via postings.

Interview Question – How far would you go to get the story?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy everything is on a scale you can try to negotiate off scale.

Product Manager, Mobile Interview

Product Manager, Mobile

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Fair interview with standard HR questions and questions regarding app submissions, roadmaps and how to best communicate with stakeholders.

People were nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – How do you communicate best with a) designers b) account managers c) sponsors? Email? Phone? In person   Answer Question

Radio Recording Engineer Interview

Radio Recording Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Work freelance to get your foot in the door and then apply from inside the corporation.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – unionized job and salary scales

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview Details – Very thorough and an eye opening experience

Interview Question – What do you hope to achieve in life?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) employees and interview candidates.