CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Interview Questions

3.1

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in December 2009.

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I was called by a recruiter, my resume was sent and then I was told I was approved for a meeting. I met with a senior developer, who quized me on some technology and finance questions, which went relatively well. I met with two people in total, left and received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the various types of risks associated with fixed income securities?   View Answer

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

apply online, then do the interview if you are called.

Interview Questions
    there is no real negotiation except the start date

Mar 4, 2014Sr. Manager, Recruitment

Hi there, thank you for your review ! Although 4 weeks + is not bad, we prefer when the process goes a little bit faster.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Written test followed by HR interview with department manager

Interview Questions
    I received the top of the offered salary band at the time. Vacation and health package is standard and not negotiable.

Mar 4, 2014Sr. Manager, Recruitment

Thank you for your review ! We like it when interview process goes fast for everyone !

TV Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Transfer from Ottawa location.

No negotiations, offer was weak and I had two options, take it or not.

Mar 4, 2014Sr. Manager, Recruitment

Hi there, a lot of jobs are unionized and we must follow the collective agreement which sets salaries. Thank you for your comment.

Video Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Internal hiring and interview process. If you know someone you'll be more likely to get a job most postings have already been filled before they go up on the site. Young and established journalists will do best. If you can get in via an internship you will likely do better than applying via postings.

Interview Questions
    Easy everything is on a scale you can try to negotiate off scale.

Product Manager, Mobile Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Fair interview with standard HR questions and questions regarding app submissions, roadmaps and how to best communicate with stakeholders.

People were nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate best with a) designers b) account managers c) sponsors? Email? Phone? In person   Answer Question

Radio Recording Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Work freelance to get your foot in the door and then apply from inside the corporation.

Interview Questions
    unionized job and salary scales

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Very thorough and an eye opening experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in December 2012.

I submitted an application through my college, and 2 weeks later I was notified by email that I was selected for an interview. They gave me the location, date, and time I was to be there. The interviewers were from the different departments I would be working in during the internship. During my interview, they asked about my volunteer experience, technical knowledge, and my about my experiences in college. They finished by asking if I had any questions. I was notified about 3 weeks later that I had been accepted. I confirmed my acceptance, and they gave me my start date.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to light a set properly that happened to have a TV monitor as a part of the set, what tint would the TV have on a properly white-balanced camera, and how would you compensate for that tint and make it appear normal?   View Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

it was a straight forward process. I did 2 interviews. one of which was a technical interview. the technical interview was GOOD, many challenging questions