CBIZ

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBIZ.

First step is resume submission. After one week, I was invited for a first round on campus interview. Interviewer made me feel uncomfortable. When I was answering, he would stare at me in an uncomfortable way. In addition, he was obviously unprepared and could not think of many questions. Despite the bad experience, I was invited to the second round office interview and I came to their office. The two senior associates that served as hosts were unprofessional. They joked around too much and just told all the candidates how much fun we're going to have working for CBIZ. Directors and Partners came in and told more unprofessional jokes. My first interview was a partner who was friendly and easy to talk to, but when I sent him a thank you email, he responded with "your welcome." Second interviewer was a senior manager criticized me for not having too much experience and asked me tougher questions. He told me he worked for a Big Four firm, yet his LinkedIn has no mention of him working for a firm even close to the Big Four. I felt my second interviewer asked me questions that did not make any sense.

Interview Questions
    • How do you conduct research? How will you get adjusted to working full time at a CPA firm?   View Answer

Sales and Marketing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CBIZ in August 2014.

I was referred an interview by one of my friends. The HR Director e-mailed me, and set up a phone interview the next day. She was very nice and the interview went well. She said she would call back in the afternoon to set up a follow-up interview. She eventually called and set up an in-person interview with who I would be working directly with. I went for the interview. The woman who interviewed me showed up 30 minutes late. She was disorganized and made me feel awkward when she was filing through all candidate's resumes and couldn't find mine. I sent both women thank you notes and followed up and never heard a response.

Audit - Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBIZ.

Had an interview with 3 separate groups. First group were two managers who asked basic interview questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?". Second group was the hardest. Two different managers, but asked personal questions. Mainly easy to answer, but the interviewer kept prying and questioning what I said rather than just listening and commenting. Final interview was with the partner. Only asked if I had anymore questions and just went over additional classes that I need to take upon graduating.

Training Grant Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBIZ.

The interview was a lengthy process. First I was contacted by a recruited who wanted to do a same day telephone interview which was rushed. Later in the week it took 2 hours to interview with HR and then the department manager and director. About a week and a half later I took a writing test which took 1 1/2 hours and then met with the team which took another 30 to 45 minutes. That was two months ago. I assume that I didn't get the job because noone at the company had the courtesy to notify me either via email, mail, or phone otherwise. Very inconsiderate of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBIZ in June 2012.

Applied on their website and received an e-mail and a call from HR to come in. Upon arrival, I filled out a hard copy application and interviewed with three employees; one from HR, one from IT, and one other employee. All of them were pleasant to talk to and very friendly. Each of them asked me specific questions on my resume and even expanded to details about my hobbies and interests outside of the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Mixture of questions. HR focused on mostly experience, IT focused on technical questions, and the other employee asked more general questions and answered my questions on the workplace.   Answer Question

Patient Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBIZ in November 2009.

II interviewed first with Human Resources. After the interview, I interviewed with management. I don't want to give too much away since the employer could gather who I am. I was told that there would be much room for growth. That was not the case. Layoffs are happening left and right and the company is outsourcing many accounts to India to save a buck.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current job.   View Answer
    • What is your average number of accounts per day?   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBIZ in October 2009.

Sat down with an senior associate and a shareholder. They told me a little bit about themselves then asked me one question:

Describe your greatest accomplishment.

The rest was my questions to them about the firm.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBIZ in March 2010.

It was for an externship that CBIZ offer in the summer. It was a quick interview which only took about 15-20 mins. Interviewer asked about my course project , my future plan(whether going for master or not) and my work experience.