CBIZ Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CBIZ.

Interview

It started off with one of the managers calling to do a phone interview, then since i personally did good on that they went to the background check and fbi background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about experience and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CBIZ in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was held at the office and they brought in in half the office to talk to me. The HR person was nice but was not timely in following back up with me and was not quick to respond to my questions. I was overall not impressed. The office is just average and there doesn't appear to be anything special about this firm.

Interview Questions

• The super generic standard HR approved questions that are standard.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBIZ (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

HR person contacted me and did a brief interview. Several weeks went by and was contacted again by HR staff. They assured me that they are very interested. 2nd phone interview set up with the hiring manager. He was very interested and said he would be in touch soon to move forward in the hiring process. Then nothing. No calls, no emails, no dear john letter. Zero. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• General qualification and background questions.   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBIZ.

Interview

First step is resume submission. After one week, I was invited for a first round on campus interview. Interviewer made me feel uncomfortable. When I was answering, he would stare at me in an uncomfortable way. In addition, he was obviously unprepared and could not think of many questions. Despite the bad experience, I was invited to the second round office interview and I came to their office. The two senior associates that served as hosts were unprofessional. They joked around too much and just told all the candidates how much fun we're going to have working for CBIZ. Directors and Partners came in and told more unprofessional jokes. My first interview was a partner who was friendly and easy to talk to, but when I sent him a thank you email, he responded with "your welcome." Second interviewer was a senior manager criticized me for not having too much experience and asked me tougher questions. He told me he worked for a Big Four firm, yet his LinkedIn has no mention of him working for a firm even close to the Big Four. I felt my second interviewer asked me questions that did not make any sense.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct research? How will you get adjusted to working full time at a CPA firm?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CBIZ (Leawood, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred an interview by one of my friends. The HR Director e-mailed me, and set up a phone interview the next day. She was very nice and the interview went well. She said she would call back in the afternoon to set up a follow-up interview. She eventually called and set up an in-person interview with who I would be working directly with. I went for the interview. The woman who interviewed me showed up 30 minutes late. She was disorganized and made me feel awkward when she was filing through all candidate's resumes and couldn't find mine. I sent both women thank you notes and followed up and never heard a response.

Audit - Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBIZ (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

Had an interview with 3 separate groups. First group were two managers who asked basic interview questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?". Second group was the hardest. Two different managers, but asked personal questions. Mainly easy to answer, but the interviewer kept prying and questioning what I said rather than just listening and commenting. Final interview was with the partner. Only asked if I had anymore questions and just went over additional classes that I need to take upon graduating.

Training Grant Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBIZ.

Interview

The interview was a lengthy process. First I was contacted by a recruited who wanted to do a same day telephone interview which was rushed. Later in the week it took 2 hours to interview with HR and then the department manager and director. About a week and a half later I took a writing test which took 1 1/2 hours and then met with the team which took another 30 to 45 minutes. That was two months ago. I assume that I didn't get the job because noone at the company had the courtesy to notify me either via email, mail, or phone otherwise. Very inconsiderate of the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBIZ in June 2012.

Interview

Applied on their website and received an e-mail and a call from HR to come in. Upon arrival, I filled out a hard copy application and interviewed with three employees; one from HR, one from IT, and one other employee. All of them were pleasant to talk to and very friendly. Each of them asked me specific questions on my resume and even expanded to details about my hobbies and interests outside of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Mixture of questions. HR focused on mostly experience, IT focused on technical questions, and the other employee asked more general questions and answered my questions on the workplace.   Answer Question

Patient Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBIZ (Leawood, KS) in November 2009.

Interview

II interviewed first with Human Resources. After the interview, I interviewed with management. I don't want to give too much away since the employer could gather who I am. I was told that there would be much room for growth. That was not the case. Layoffs are happening left and right and the company is outsourcing many accounts to India to save a buck.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job.   1 Answer
    • What is your average number of accounts per day?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBIZ (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

Sat down with an senior associate and a shareholder. They told me a little bit about themselves then asked me one question: Describe your greatest accomplishment. The rest was my questions to them about the firm.