CBL & Associates Properties

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Laredo, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBL & Associates Properties.

Interview Details – I found the position on a job board on the last day it was posted. I submitted an application online, faxed my resume to the attention of the GM, and called and spoke with the secretary who spoke to the GM and encouraged them to interview me. The GM called and scheduled an interview with me for the next day or two. The interview with the GM went well and I received a call that day from the Regional Marketing Director who flew in from Dallas within a few days to interview me. Then I was asked my salary requirements and offered the job. I wanted an offer, and I had little industry experience, so I didn't know the salary range. They offered me the position and only gave me what I asked for.

Interview Question – I was asked about my ability to sell advertising space, which I had no experience with. "Describe a scenario where you are selling advertising space to a local business owner. How would you initiate contact, secure a meeting, describe the features and benefits, and handle objections to the proposed rate?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave my salary requirement and there was no negotiation. I would advise others to know what the range of pay is for similar positions and let the employer provide a range.

Leasing Agent Interview

Leasing Agent
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CBL & Associates Properties in July 2011.

Interview Details – interview with senior leasing staff - a great team with a direct and thorough approach.

Interview Question – What would retailers say about you, and then provide their names.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position with another company that paid significantly more.

Worked for CBL & Associates Properties? Contribute to the Community!