CBRE Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, this was pretty casual, covered what was on my resume. Interviewed with a couple people, very scripted not much discussion. Very behavior based questions, give me an example of a time when... You never heard from the people you interviewed with again, since they weren't in HR they were accounting managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you didn't get a long with a coworker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR first that went about 30 minutes long. They had several behavioral questions as well as the questions from resume. I then got a second interview with the Accounting Manager and the Controller. The second round of interview was very easy and they talked more than I did.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The initial interview process starts with a phone interview, followed by 2 in the office interviews. There will be general accounting questions in the phone interview and computerized tests in the in office interview. Excel, word, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic "STAR" interview question process. Not really any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered with an added $2,000 on top of what they offered, referred to my experience, education, etc. they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Bloomington, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, in person with 2 managers. Questions were basic accounting questions and debit and credit questions. How would you handle conflict or challenges. Accounting test afterwards took 1 hour. I feel this test was good because knowing everyone is capable of accounting after hired. Too many people lie on resumes nowadays and testing weeds these types out. After 1 week after the initial in person, I was called and offered the position - then background checks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations are important at this company. Worth trying. It worked for me.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Memphis, TN) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick and professional. The intitial phone call was received that my resume was being considered for interview. I did not receive a call back for that position. I received another call approximately 2 weeks later concerning an interview for another postion within the company and was contacted in 2 days to schedule the interview. The interview was conducted within 2 weeks and I received the offer 2 weeks later. I started the new career 2 1/2 later. The interview was well rounded and comfortable. The questions were professional and insightful. There was also an opportunity to ask the interviewer questions concerning the position and the company. I was also given a compentancy and skills test at the same time. I left the interview feeling confident and relaxed. The office personnel seemed to be working but not frustrated and the office environment seemed modern and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate because the offer was fair.