CBRE

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR first that went about 30 minutes long. They had several behavioral questions as well as the questions from resume. I then got a second interview with the Accounting Manager and the Controller. The second round of interview was very easy and they talked more than I did.

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – The initial interview process starts with a phone interview, followed by 2 in the office interviews. There will be general accounting questions in the phone interview and computerized tests in the in office interview. Excel, word, etc.

Interview Question – Basic "STAR" interview question process. Not really any difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I countered with an added $2,000 on top of what they offered, referred to my experience, education, etc. they agreed.

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, in person with 2 managers. Questions were basic accounting questions and debit and credit questions. How would you handle conflict or challenges. Accounting test afterwards took 1 hour. I feel this test was good because knowing everyone is capable of accounting after hired. Too many people lie on resumes nowadays and testing weeds these types out. After 1 week after the initial in person, I was called and offered the position - then background checks.

Interview Question – What do you do with retained earnings at month end?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are important at this company. Worth trying. It worked for me.

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively quick and professional. The intitial phone call was received that my resume was being considered for interview. I did not receive a call back for that position. I received another call approximately 2 weeks later concerning an interview for another postion within the company and was contacted in 2 days to schedule the interview. The interview was conducted within 2 weeks and I received the offer 2 weeks later. I started the new career 2 1/2 later. The interview was well rounded and comfortable. The questions were professional and insightful. There was also an opportunity to ask the interviewer questions concerning the position and the company. I was also given a compentancy and skills test at the same time. I left the interview feeling confident and relaxed. The office personnel seemed to be working but not frustrated and the office environment seemed modern and efficient.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate because the offer was fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Accountant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.