CBRE

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in April 2012.

Interview Details – Once my resume had been submitted and was reviewed I was contacted to arrange a phone interview. The interview over the phone was typical, the HR representative asked me about accounting concepts and other basic questions. Not really sure why that was necessary being as the job was a data entry position. After advancing past the phone interview the next phase was an interview at the Bloomington office (Two Market Point). The interviewers (two of them) were friendly, although I learned after beginning work I would not be working with them--I was assigned to a different team.

After the 1 on 1 interview I was brought to a testing room for an assessment of my accounting knowledge. This test was 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Question – I had applied for the entry level "accounting coordinator" so the questions were more geared toward how you interact with others and your behaviors. The three questions that got me thinking the most were:
1) describe a time where you went above and beyond to please a customer, complete a project, etc...
2) describe a time when an unexpected issue arises and changes your schedule dramatically, also how did you react?
3) How do you building rapport with co-workers and clients?

If you can answer those three questions you are golden.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short and unable to find middle ground/compromise .

Accounting Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CBRE in February 2012.

Interview Details – First - Phone interview
Second - In person interview / computer test

Computer test involved basic Excel/Word knowledge, spelling knowledge, accounting knowledge

Interview Question – All questions were.. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Accounting Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CBRE in July 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted for a phone interview. I was asked the same cash vs. accrual accounting question mentioned on this site. After 45 minutes the interviewer was called away to a meeting and had to call back to finish with behavioral interview questions the next day. She was very pleasant but frank. At the end of the phone interview she told me I probably would not be called in for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – How do you stay organized?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Accounting Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.