CBRE

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – Very professional interview. Was impressed with the career opportunities available at such a large and diverse company. Interview was relaxed and offered great information about the job and the company. Questions were targeted and relevant. Ample opportunity given for me to ask questions. I was given a tour and introduced to other members of the team.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had phone interview that was fairly standard, mostly behavioral questions (ie: how I handled an ethical dilemma, teamwork situations, etc.)

In person interview came by invitation a month later, the interviewer was distracted the entire time, had clearly only looked at my resume for 30 seconds, and just asked me why I wanted to work there. It was pretty unprofessional and bizarre

Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in January 2009.

Interview Details – Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

The process took 5 days - interviewed at CBRE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fit based interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great!

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in November 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an analyst position within a Texas office. It lasted a few hours as I did a number of one-on-one interviews with different individuals with different roles within the office. For the most part, they just asked about my background and tried to get an understanding of what I would want to do long term. They asked a few basic technical questions. They asked about strengths and weaknesses and overall, why they should hire me. Why should you be hired if you can't give a good answer as to why you are the best person for the job? Seemed like a good place to work...very professional feeling atmosphere. In the end, the job was offered to someone working in a different department within CBRE.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.