CBRE Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions
  • We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Analyst Interview

Very professional interview. Was impressed with the career opportunities available at such a large and diverse company. Interview was relaxed and offered great information about the job and the company. Questions were targeted and relevant. Ample opportunity given for me to ask questions. I was given a tour and introduced to other members of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in December 2010.

Had phone interview that was fairly standard, mostly behavioral questions (ie: how I handled an ethical dilemma, teamwork situations, etc.)

In person interview came by invitation a month later, the interviewer was distracted the entire time, had clearly only looked at my resume for 30 seconds, and just asked me why I wanted to work there. It was pretty unprofessional and bizarre

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in January 2009.

Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.

Analyst Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at CBRE in February 2010.

Fit based interview.

Great!

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in November 2009.

I interviewed for an analyst position within a Texas office. It lasted a few hours as I did a number of one-on-one interviews with different individuals with different roles within the office. For the most part, they just asked about my background and tried to get an understanding of what I would want to do long term. They asked a few basic technical questions. They asked about strengths and weaknesses and overall, why they should hire me. Why should you be hired if you can't give a good answer as to why you are the best person for the job? Seemed like a good place to work...very professional feeling atmosphere. In the end, the job was offered to someone working in a different department within CBRE.

Interview Questions

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!