CBRE Associate Accountant Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE in July 2011.

I got called in for an interview with a manager. I was asked about my experience in accounting, when in reality the job deals more with paperwork for leases. It also involves calls from the brokers for updates. There's also a math skills test and an actual hands-on file on a lease for verification. I was the third highest candidate, so I got called immediately for a second interview with my prospective trainer. The first highest candidate was ruled out. I got an email a week later stating that I was not chosen. I sent the manager a thank you letter.

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in March 2011.

I met CBRE at a college fair. They asked for my resume and then called me about a week later. I did not do any follow up with them after I gave them my resume, they contacted me first.

I talked with a manager and she asked me a few typical questions that had nothing to do with accounting. She set up my interview.

I had one interview with them in which I was interviewed by two accounting managers. They were very nice and personable people. They asked me a long list of questions and we had a great discussion about them.

I then had three tests I had to take, accounting, spelling, and excel. They were very easy. After this I waited about 3 weeks before they made me an offer. I still have not accepted or declined. They are only giving me 48 hours to make my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBRE in May 2010.

Interviewed on the phone got a call a few days late for on site interview. Came in at 12 left at 4pm very long interview, Met with 2 assistant controllers back to back then met 2 Senior accountants that worked under the assistant controller. Then after that I took a series of test 4 were accounting one was spelling and one was an analytical test and also a Excel test. I did very well on the accounting test and analytical test but average on the excel test and horrible on the spelling test. after that whole process spoke with the assistant controller then left. A few days later got offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    tried to but they stuck to the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in June 2008.

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   View Answer
    No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.