CBRE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Commercial Real Estate Broker
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

Interview Details – CBRE offers a full time position as an associate broker or real estate sales person for the serious career seeker who wants to work with the best in the business. Entry level people are paired with senior people and very well trained and mentored. Their pledge of having unlimited income opportunities are real. The entry position is generally 100 percent commission based but the often offer an annual draw against commissions to help get you started. The process begins by being introduced to the Managing Broker by an active sales broker. Generally, you will meet with several professionals within the specific market sector you chose: office retail, medical, or industrial properties. If that process goes well they will ask you to take a written test. This will be a separate appointment. The test is an assessment of your personality and temperament propensities that estimate how successful you will be at the business and takes several hours to complete. The Managing Broker will then meet with you to discuss the results of the test and address the firms interest in training you. If they properly prepare a training program for you and pair you with a successful senior broker then you are being offered an opportunity of real value. CBRE is the largest full service commercial real estate firm in the world with a highly recognized brand and reputation.

Interview Question – "Why did you leave your latest job or position with xyz company?"
"Describe a conflict or difficult relationship you had with a co-worker or superior and how you handled it. What would you do differently in retrospect?"
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to pursue a salaried corporate position

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Commercial Real Estate Broker
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

Interview Details – I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Question – Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!