CBRE Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email as a follow up for an application I placed directly online. After about a 15 minute interview she said that she would pass my resume on to the hiring manager. Then she disappeared. Never responded to my email follow ups. Evenutally I was able to get in contact with her after about a three week to month time period to find out that they gave someone an offer already. When I initially read the reviews for CBRE, I was hoping that the interview reviews were wrong..but they are 100% right. The recruiters never follow up with you and while you are constantly sitting and waiting while monitoring your emails and voice mails..for nothing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

HR called me that she felt my resume is good and when I was avaliable to be interviewed. And we made it next day. Two people interviewed me, the questions were not hard, and they were very nice to me. They asked me current salary and bonus as well.

Interview Questions

• what would you help your employee when you get higher level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was extremely respectful. I was not treated like a faceless candidate at any point during the interview process. Questions mostly focused on my previous experiences in my past role, and how they could be an asset to the new role. I was able to ask whatever questions I wanted, and the interviewers were perfectly transparent on the expected learning curve, hours worked, flexibility, etc.. Be warned: you will be asked to prove your knowledge of Excel.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any of the boilerplate HR questions (e.g. what's your greatest weakness, why should we hire you first, etc.). All four interviews (phone screen, phone interview, in-person interview #1, in-person interview #2) focused on my future goals and my experience in my previous role. It seems that CBRE is built on organic growth, so personality, clarity of communication, and brainpower are all paramount, as opposed to your reaction to stress questions and "What can you offer to us that someone else cannot?", etc.. The entire process was enjoyable, and it became clear that the position was a near-perfect fit as the interview process progressed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the base salary successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Recruiter called for phone interview after that she emails for a formal interview with the hiring managers. Met with the hiring manager and got the offering phone call the end of the week. Got my acceptance offer letter by email and went through the process of getting the background check and drug test done. The long part of it all is the initial background check and drug test. After the approval, you have to wait until the start date which can be pretty long since CBRE only starts you every other Monday.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty basic and you can find the questions off the web. The customer service, Accounting terminology, and Excel test are pretty simple as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very negotiable if you have a valid reason on why you want to counter their offer. I had a valid reason since I was going from a company that I worked with over 5+ years.