CBRE

Interview Question – Why real estate?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – Very friendly and easy interview. The interviewers said the internship will give me exposure to various aspects of commercial real estate. So, you have the flexibility to work on multiple aspects of a sale. The interviews were also very open to questions and suggestions. They are also willing to listen to new ideas and let you work on things you feel are important.

Interview Question – What are you expecting out of this internship?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Met with university recruiters initially. I was given a first round interview that mostly consisted of behavioral questions. HR employees are the ones who interview initially.

Interview Question – Name a time you were asked to go above the call of duty of what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very intensive through multiple stages. Questions throughout the process were fairly basic and not as challenging as I expected.

The epitome of rigid corporate culture so focus on fitting that mold while showing some unique traits or skills to differentiate slightly.

Interview Question – Pretend that I am a potential client, please "sell me" your leather portfolio.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met with two different recruiters the first day. They explained what the intern would do and who they were looking for. Asked me questions about my education and passed work experience. Called back for a second interview for a group about a week later. Pretty informal interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your work history   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern pay is usually set. No room to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Did extensive research on deals done in past and how the department that I was interviewing for changed their strategy to cope with the change in financial climate

Interview Question – They pointed out the window and asked me how to market the building they pointed to.   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in July 2012.

Interview Details – Casual discussion on interviewee's view of future career development, property market and interest in real estate.

Interview Question – How much do you reckon the rental rate of this building is?   Answer Question

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – How can you sell ______ neighborhood   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.