CBRE

2.7

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2009.

Summary:
    1. Required to submit an essay on 5 accounting standards and IFRS. The employer never reviewed it.
    2. Participated in 3 interviews over the course of 2 weeks.
    3. Was not hired, and no explanation provided.
    4. I am fully qualified for the job and this was a huge and complete waste of my time. Stay away.
    5. My observation is that they do not really understand the role from an accounting perspective and they have very poor leadership skills in general. Very evasive in the interview related to my tough questions of their leadership style and the goals and objectives that would be required of the position in the next 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions and a surprising lack of questions related to my skills relevant to the job.   View Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in June 2008.

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   View Answer
    No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBRE in September 2012.

They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
    I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
     The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
    My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Questions
    • No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   View Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Initial interview was with HR over phone. In person interview performed by Team Lead ( based in Sydney ). Really good coverage of questions -- not just limited to technical but also culture wise. Team Lead was great at answering my questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your current manager would NOT miss about you   Answer Question

Due to personal circumstances I was required to move interstate, otherwise I would have taken the position.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

CBRE offers a full time position as an associate broker or real estate sales person for the serious career seeker who wants to work with the best in the business. Entry level people are paired with senior people and very well trained and mentored. Their pledge of having unlimited income opportunities are real. The entry position is generally 100 percent commission based but the often offer an annual draw against commissions to help get you started. The process begins by being introduced to the Managing Broker by an active sales broker. Generally, you will meet with several professionals within the specific market sector you chose: office retail, medical, or industrial properties. If that process goes well they will ask you to take a written test. This will be a separate appointment. The test is an assessment of your personality and temperament propensities that estimate how successful you will be at the business and takes several hours to complete. The Managing Broker will then meet with you to discuss the results of the test and address the firms interest in training you. If they properly prepare a training program for you and pair you with a successful senior broker then you are being offered an opportunity of real value. CBRE is the largest full service commercial real estate firm in the world with a highly recognized brand and reputation.

Interview Questions
    • "Why did you leave your latest job or position with xyz company?"
      "Describe a conflict or difficult relationship you had with a co-worker or superior and how you handled it. What would you do differently in retrospect?"

Answer Question

Decided to pursue a salaried corporate position

Wheel Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

The application was online like many large companies, long lag between application submission and email to interview.

My interview was web conducted through Taketheinterview.com. The format of the interview was very challenging. You click to have the question appear, you had 60-90 seconds to read the question and think of a response. Then automatically it would begin recording your response to the question (both video and audio). After 60-90 second depending on the question, it would automatically stop. Click to go to the next question. There were around 12 questions to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question types were mixed, some straight forward: why do you feel qualified for the Wheel Program. Others were more behavioral and "tell me a time" based. Usually focusing on challenges you have overcome, or times you have failed. There was also a question about ethics.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CBRE.

Interviewed quickly for entry level job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to explain what I would do if an upset tenant called to stop construction on the building.   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBRE in May 2010.

Interviewed on the phone got a call a few days late for on site interview. Came in at 12 left at 4pm very long interview, Met with 2 assistant controllers back to back then met 2 Senior accountants that worked under the assistant controller. Then after that I took a series of test 4 were accounting one was spelling and one was an analytical test and also a Excel test. I did very well on the accounting test and analytical test but average on the excel test and horrible on the spelling test. after that whole process spoke with the assistant controller then left. A few days later got offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    tried to but they stuck to the original offer.

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in August 2010.

I was reffered to this firm by a former boss of mine who requested permission to submit my resume`, contacted on the phone the next day by HR, and asked if I could interview the day after that. I was caught off guard by their speed and got my act together (pressed suit, shined shoes, printed out reumes, the whole 9 yards) in a hurry . While the panel was professional, I felt that many of their questions reflected poor knowledge of my occupation, and that the position they wished to hire me for was poorly defined. Essentially what I am reffering too is too many suits asking ridiculous questions (I.E. What tool do you use better than anyone else?) and not enough time with my immidiate supervisor to be.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBRE in April 2012.

Applied for another position, was called by their recruiter for the Client Services Coordinator position, had a phone interview with her. The next step was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Who called and asked if I would be interested in the Makerting Coordinator position. Next step, 1:1 interview her manager, which is today.