CBRE Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in November 2009.

Summary:
    1. Required to submit an essay on 5 accounting standards and IFRS. The employer never reviewed it.
    2. Participated in 3 interviews over the course of 2 weeks.
    3. Was not hired, and no explanation provided.
    4. I am fully qualified for the job and this was a huge and complete waste of my time. Stay away.
    5. My observation is that they do not really understand the role from an accounting perspective and they have very poor leadership skills in general. Very evasive in the interview related to my tough questions of their leadership style and the goals and objectives that would be required of the position in the next 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions and a surprising lack of questions related to my skills relevant to the job.   View Answer

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in September 2012.

They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
    I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
     The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
    My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Questions
    • No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   View Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in June 2008.

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   View Answer
    No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CBRE in December 2011.

Conducted by The General Manager and a HR personnel. Asked about my earlier experience and personality traits, cross questioned upon them.
    Then asked my reason of joining the company and joining this industry.
    Given an situation and asked how would i handle it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to join Facilities Management Industry??   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in March 2011.

Very intensive through multiple stages. Questions throughout the process were fairly basic and not as challenging as I expected.

The epitome of rigid corporate culture so focus on fitting that mold while showing some unique traits or skills to differentiate slightly.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that I am a potential client, please "sell me" your leather portfolio.   Answer Question

Operations and Maintenance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CBRE in April 2012.

Management conducting phone and panel interviews was extremely accommodating since I am overseas on assignment. The professionalism was apparent from the beginning. The panel interview was scheduled 4 weeks out for when I would be in the area on leave and after accepting the offer, agreed to allow me to fullfill my contractual obligations with current company. Both interviews consisted of behavioral and situational questions. Panel interview was scheduled to be 1/2hr in duration, it actually ran over an hour. Meeting was relaxed yet businesslike. My advice is to be prepared, don't try and wing it. How you handle conflict and being the right fit are priority after you meet the required skill and education qualifications. I felt a positive vibe throughout the entire processand I look forward to being a part of a close knit team.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Offer was very good.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CBRE in May 2010.

Interviewed on the phone got a call a few days late for on site interview. Came in at 12 left at 4pm very long interview, Met with 2 assistant controllers back to back then met 2 Senior accountants that worked under the assistant controller. Then after that I took a series of test 4 were accounting one was spelling and one was an analytical test and also a Excel test. I did very well on the accounting test and analytical test but average on the excel test and horrible on the spelling test. after that whole process spoke with the assistant controller then left. A few days later got offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    tried to but they stuck to the original offer.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Initial interview was with HR over phone. In person interview performed by Team Lead ( based in Sydney ). Really good coverage of questions -- not just limited to technical but also culture wise. Team Lead was great at answering my questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your current manager would NOT miss about you   Answer Question

Due to personal circumstances I was required to move interstate, otherwise I would have taken the position.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

CBRE offers a full time position as an associate broker or real estate sales person for the serious career seeker who wants to work with the best in the business. Entry level people are paired with senior people and very well trained and mentored. Their pledge of having unlimited income opportunities are real. The entry position is generally 100 percent commission based but the often offer an annual draw against commissions to help get you started. The process begins by being introduced to the Managing Broker by an active sales broker. Generally, you will meet with several professionals within the specific market sector you chose: office retail, medical, or industrial properties. If that process goes well they will ask you to take a written test. This will be a separate appointment. The test is an assessment of your personality and temperament propensities that estimate how successful you will be at the business and takes several hours to complete. The Managing Broker will then meet with you to discuss the results of the test and address the firms interest in training you. If they properly prepare a training program for you and pair you with a successful senior broker then you are being offered an opportunity of real value. CBRE is the largest full service commercial real estate firm in the world with a highly recognized brand and reputation.

Interview Questions
    • "Why did you leave your latest job or position with xyz company?"
      "Describe a conflict or difficult relationship you had with a co-worker or superior and how you handled it. What would you do differently in retrospect?"
        Answer Question

Decided to pursue a salaried corporate position

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in April 2012.

Applied for another position, was called by their recruiter for the Client Services Coordinator position, had a phone interview with her. The next step was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Who called and asked if I would be interested in the Makerting Coordinator position. Next step, 1:1 interview her manager, which is today.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!