CBRE

2.8

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2009.

Summary:
    1. Required to submit an essay on 5 accounting standards and IFRS. The employer never reviewed it.
    2. Participated in 3 interviews over the course of 2 weeks.
    3. Was not hired, and no explanation provided.
    4. I am fully qualified for the job and this was a huge and complete waste of my time. Stay away.
    5. My observation is that they do not really understand the role from an accounting perspective and they have very poor leadership skills in general. Very evasive in the interview related to my tough questions of their leadership style and the goals and objectives that would be required of the position in the next 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions and a surprising lack of questions related to my skills relevant to the job.   View Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in June 2008.

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   View Answer
    No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBRE in September 2012.

They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
    I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
     The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
    My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Questions
    • No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   View Answer

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

Interview process seemed simple at first, but I got a surprise when I showed up to the Interview. The manager didn't bother to interview me and sent in 2 young girls with no experience. They were snotty and asked stupid questions. They didn't even ask me about my prior experience as a former CBRE employee. I was more qualified than they were as far as education and experience but they treated me as if I was an idiot. I was not impressed with this branch of CBRE using "children" to conduct the interviews. I also got a bad vibe from the rest of the people in that office when I walked in. I wouldn't accept a job offer there if they paid me a million dollars. This was a property mgmt. office branch in Denver, CO. I left the interview in shock at the way I was treated. I hope CBRE one day realizes that they are missing out on hiring people with education, experience and great potential because they have caddy bimbos conducting interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like a quiet office or a noisy one??? Really, this was the most stupid question!   Answer Question

Only work here if you can't find anything else.

Admintration Facility Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBRE in April 2013.

Through HR & Naukari.com , first wrriten tes would be happen than HR round after HR round OPS Manager will take interivew than send to client. After Client Selection fillay get the offer from CBRE

Interview Questions
    • Written test is very difficult because of all collage & basic things are not remember while working   Answer Question
    good

Wheel Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Client Services & Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

Great interview process, very thorough, professional and informational about the company, the management and the position responsibilities and expectations. Had the first interview with the VP and a Sales Associate, this was followed by two phone interviews with two different team members within the next couple of days, and then another in person interview with the Managing Director a week after the first interview.

A few days after the last interview I was called and offered the position and unfortunately had to pass on the offer due to an unexpected situation that occurred within those few days that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I was so elated and disheartened at the same time, but everyone that I interviewed with was so understanding and appreciative that I presented them with that information as opposed to accepting the offer and leaving them shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately I am filling this out months after my interview and can't remember in specific a difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared to go over typical interview questions and make sure you have questions ready to ask them regarding the position and company as well. As much as they need to learn about you professionally you need to learn about them and the company too in order to know if this is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

An unexpected situation occurred within the few days after my last interview that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I didn't want to leave the company after only a few short months.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in April 2011.

interview process was well defined. Started with the immedite boss upto regional level. the expectation was made very clear. The culture of the company was well presented. overall a very professional attitude and behaviour was shown.

Interview Questions
    negotiate hard if they like you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2012.

There were two interviews. One was on the phone and one in person at the office. The interview included typical questions such as why I wanted to intern there and what I knew about real estate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in February 2013.

5 interviews over the course of 4 months. First with manager. Second with regional manager. Third with other brokers. Fourth same as 3rd. Fifth with first manager. Mostly easy questions getting to know the individual and the individuals network. Questions for the company or manager.