CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

RFM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Long and repetitious, same questions asked by multiple people, no creativity in the questions, boring standard interview questions, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, tell us about yourself etc. No real insightful questions, nothing that they could gleam anything new out of a candidate, same old same ole questions - gets you the same old status quo with nothing new or fresh coming into the firm

Interview Questions

• Boring "tell us about yourself, why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Memphis, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, then an in person interview with MS Office proficiency testing. The phone interview was with an HR representative. Based on the phone interview, HR forwarded my resume to the local office and set up an in-person interview. In-person interview was with 2 managers. One manager asked questions while another entered my responses into a computer database. The interviewer was friendly, but went through the list of questions without much comment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond the job requirements.   1 Answer

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

One interview with hiring manager who would end up being my direct report. Great facilities, they told me exactly what I was in for. Interview questions were more of a fit than technical type of questioning. Not too bad, however they told me they interviewed 20+ for the position. I would recomend this company to anyone looking to have a great name on their resume, however it is not somewhere I saw myself making an entire career.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One initial video interview followed by a second round phone interview. The video interview was surprisingly awkward. You sit down down in front of a computer and an interview question pops up. You have 10 seconds to read the question then it starts recording. You have 2 minutes to respond then it cuts you off. There are about 15 questions and some are tricky - should definitely be ready to think on your feet and be able to elaborate well on past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the work place in which you faced a moral or ethical issue and how you dealt with it/responded to management   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was professional and extensive. Started with a typical phone interview, and quickly schedule me for an in person interview within the week. Manager and HR took turn asking questions and explaining the various duties and responsibility of the position. Answered all my questions regarding company culture, work environment, and where everything fit it.

Office Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC).

Interview

Spoke with two managers in the Washington, DC office. The experience was very pleasant. Interview was conversational and it was easy and natural to speak with the managers. They asked typical interview questions and focused on past experience as it relates to the position.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy yet challenging because this company is so large. There are a couple CBRE offices in Houston so I had a couple interviews with a couple managers. They were all very sweet but you could tell they wanted someone business oriented and someone with growth potential.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have an interest in this company and real estate?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks after the online application, recruiter phone screened me for 30 minutes and then told me she will pass my resume to the hiring manager. 2 months went by without any communication. Director of PMO scheduled another phone screen then scheduled a face to face interview with another director and VP. Two weeks after the F2F interview, HR gave me the job offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you handle negative stakeholders? 2) Describe a situation you had a schedule slip and how did you handle? 3) Explain my organizational transition experience   Answer Question

Portfolio Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. I applied online it took about two weeks to hear something back but when i did i set up for an interview June 30. I interviewed with two ladies that were very nice and easy to talk to. They had 25 base questions they had to ask that came from CBRE. One lady asked the questions while the other wrote down the responses. It took about an hour or so the complete. They told me I would either get an email of denial or an email with a test in it for me to take and if i do well enough on the test i will be contacted for a second interview. I was contacted for another interview set for July 16th. Interviewed with two more upper management women it also took an hour and they asked similar questions but a little more in depth. It also took around an hour. It is now August 10th and i have followed up twice with the corporate recruiter and she has in formed me they will finish interviews this week and make a decision by Friday 14th. It has been a long process even though they said it would be very fast. I will update whether i was offered or not when i hear back.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to work under pressure and how did you handle it? How do you organize things? What are strengths and weaknesses? How would you work on your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Warsaw (Poland)) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with a staffing agency in which I was asked a few personality questions and about my interest in the position. Then an interview in person with my team leader and manager. The interview was mostly about HR, personality questions as well as about a few technical skills. Was asked to take an excel test and also an english test.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, conflicts, etc   1 Answer