CBRE

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Receptionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Applied through company's website. Got a call from the corporate recruiter in Texas. Was told I was going to get a call from the hiring manager within a week but if not, then to contact the recruiter. Did not receive a call or email from the hiring manager. Contacted the recruiter via email but never received a reply.

CBRE Wheel Program- Washington D C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Applied for position and received a response within two weeks of submission. Interview was conducted online, with automated questions and a given time limit for each answer. This was the first interview I had experienced in this fashion and it was slightly overwhelming because of the lack of person-to-person interaction and the time restricted response period.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience in which you faced unexpected challenges? How did you overcome these difficulties?   View Answer

Client Services Specialist/Market Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE in February 2015.

Prior phone interviews went well, even after I told them that I do not have extensive Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience. When asked in person, I was immediately turned away and then offered an inferior position to my qualifications. Expert level graphic design is the first and foremost qualification for this position.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

The process was a standard one, no surprises, had a screening interview by phone and then an in-person interview. Wish they would have asked more about my non-Real Estate experiences because there is a lot I bring to the table beyond what I've actually done in the industry. Other than that, no complaints, they had a very traditional approach, trying to get as much info as possible in a short interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how to determine the Net Operating Income of a property.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted for the position by an outside recruiter who set up the initial interview with the office manager. I met with the manager for about an hour, the office was lovely and the staff all looked friendly and happy - a welcoming office environment which I liked. Because this was a team structure I would need to be interviewed by the entire team so I went in for 2 subsequent interviews due to timing.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard type questions, no personality type tests or "gotcha" questions   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

I applied online and a recruiter got back to me within 2 weeks. The first round is a telephone interview, mostly behavioral questions. Some good advice to at least pass the initial CV and covering letter screening is following the tips listed on their website or in TargetJobs' website. CBRE accepts applicant from all backgrounds, I am a business administration graduate.

Interview Questions
    • Why CBRE? Why this scheme? What is the most important advice you have been given in life? Why you?   Answer Question

Financial Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in January 2015.

Talk with Recruiter and got an in person interview schedule. Meet with two different teams in the Company. Both went well but the second meeting was more interesting and a better fit for myself. Overall, very good process and quick.

Sales Team Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

I came in and met with one guy who asked me a lot of overall questions to see what I want from a career and then l met with the actual salesman that would lead the sales team. They proceeded to test me to see if I was ready to commit to the level of work that would be required of me. They also wanted to make sure that I was comfortable with moving to LA for a the new job.

Interview Questions
    • You will have the potential to make $0 in commission and you will have put in months of work. Are you prepared to handle that.   View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

Applied online. Used a few employee referrals. Process took a few months. No real interview process, but more of a phone screen. Got a call back a few months later that I got the job

No negotiation

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

Interview process seemed simple at first, but I got a surprise when I showed up to the Interview. The manager didn't bother to interview me and sent in 2 young girls with no experience. They were snotty and asked stupid questions. They didn't even ask me about my prior experience as a former CBRE employee. I was more qualified than they were as far as education and experience but they treated me as if I was an idiot. I was not impressed with this branch of CBRE using "children" to conduct the interviews. I also got a bad vibe from the rest of the people in that office when I walked in. I wouldn't accept a job offer there if they paid me a million dollars. This was a property mgmt. office branch in Denver, CO. I left the interview in shock at the way I was treated. I hope CBRE one day realizes that they are missing out on hiring people with education, experience and great potential because they have caddy bimbos conducting interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like a quiet office or a noisy one??? Really, this was the most stupid question!   Answer Question

Only work here if you can't find anything else.