CBRE

2.7

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in February 2014.

Applied on CBRE's website. One month later, a phone call with the HR, and two rounds of on-site interview. Interviewer went well with two VPs, and got an offer after almost two months of waiting (some holidays in between). Stayed one month and left because by the time I got the offer and started working (3 months from the initial interview date), a lot of the circumstances have changed and i need to choose between a full-time offer and a not-so-well paid part-time internship. Overall good learning experience, but be aware that a big company like CBRE is slow in everything.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

I applied online, received a call for an interview, went to the interview and never heard back. I thought the interview went well but it'd be nice if they let candidates know the position has been filled. I had to wait and wait until I called to check and still got no response until a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to fix something your boss did wrong and how would you handle it if you were to be blamed   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Simple

Marketing Assistant Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Not able to negotiate

Admintration Facility Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBRE in April 2013.

Through HR & Naukari.com , first wrriten tes would be happen than HR round after HR round OPS Manager will take interivew than send to client. After Client Selection fillay get the offer from CBRE

Interview Questions
    • Written test is very difficult because of all collage & basic things are not remember while working   Answer Question
    good

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

I applied for this position on CBRE's career website. About 3 weeks later I received a email from the recruiter and scheduled an phone interview the day after.

The interview went well. I was asked questions about my work experiences and other competitions at school. And at last, why I am interested in the Real Estate Market. The interview also involve how I handle with Access and SharePoint.

I was told the hiring manager would contact me later or I should contact them. No good news up to now.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions
    • A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)