CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.7

Recruiter Interview

The ATS doesn't work and the interview process can be cumbersome. It is hard to be a recruiter for a company that requires so many different interbviews and no follow up from hiring managers.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted by a recruiter a week and a half after I applied. We went through the standard screening and she passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview a few days later. I received the job offer the Saturday after my in person interview, which was on a Thursday. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to complete all interviewing, drug screening and background check, and to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, talked to me as if I already had the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they offered more than what I asked for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Applied in March through LinkedIn, phone interview with recruiter in Dallas in early May, first round in person a week later with two members of the Human Resources team, second round in person with the hiring manager a week after that. Contacted with interview results after another week.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward questions. Some behavioral, mostly just going over past experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

You go to CBRE website and file out an application, download your resume and any certifications and licenses. A recruiter will contact you via Email letting you know that they have/will submit your resume to the hiring manager. They contact you for an oral interview and you interview with them. If you are selected they will contact you to process with a background investigation, drug screening, etc. If not, they email you letting you know another candidate was chosen.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and received a phone screening a week later. The same day I got a call from the local HR to arrange an interview time.

I had a pretty standard interview with the HR Manager and the Operations Manager at their head office, the interview lasted for 30 minutes or so. I was also asked to complete an online office assessment test which I passed.

The following week they called me in for an interview with the Operations Manager and a Senior VP - it was a great interview that lasted 1.5 hours after they had kept me waiting for a while as SVP was running late with a previous appointment.

I got a call the same day from the HR Manager asking how the interview went. And said she would chat with the operations manager and follow up with me next week. I received an email the next week saying they'll be in touch.

About a month later, after I followed up they wouldn't give me a yes or a no, simply just wait as they need to interview more candidates but I was still in the running.

I called two weeks later and was told they just interviewed the last candidate and the Operations manager is on vacation for the day but they will finalize mid-next week and let me know of a decision either way - Wednesday latest. Plus they said they wanted me to interview for another position.

It's been almost two weeks since their "decision" deadline when they were going to let me know either way. I've sent an email and left a voicemail but no answer.

Not the most professional hiring process I've been apart of. I would have been happy with a "No", however, being strung along for sometime isn't the best especially after going through a long process and spending so much time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBRE.

The process was pretty easy - one interview then an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult job to fill?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at CBRE.

Be persistent. They really only want to hire people with experience because the cycle to become an efficient salesperson takes 6-8 months. They want to make sure you are worth the investment.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember, but be ready for situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

Long and grueling. To get hired you have to go through at least 3 interviews, not including phone interview, then the reference process is over the top! You need 7 references that you've worked with and they all need to go online and fill out a survey specific to you and how you work.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions like greatest strength/weaknesses   Answer Question