CBRE Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview which was fairly standard. I then went into the office and met with about 4 different people, including the Managing Director. Everyone was very nice and the interview was not out of the ordinary.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CBRE in February 2013.

5 interviews over the course of 4 months. First with manager. Second with regional manager. Third with other brokers. Fourth same as 3rd. Fifth with first manager. Mostly easy questions getting to know the individual and the individuals network. Questions for the company or manager.

Project Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in February 2013.

I've applied several times thru CBRE's website, i've only received one call back and interview. For this specific position I was recomended by a friend. Got a phone interview, then a face to face. About 2 weeks later I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • What were my goals for the next 5 yrs and what was I already doing to achive them.   Answer Question
    I was told the base rate for the position, however that was too low. I countered and I got a higher offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions
    • We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

One phone interview and one on site interview followed by dinner. Hiring manager put most emphasis on resume and experience. Most of the questions regarded scope of responsibilities and size of accounts.

Easy.

Recruiter Interview

The ATS doesn't work and the interview process can be cumbersome. It is hard to be a recruiter for a company that requires so many different interbviews and no follow up from hiring managers.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted by a recruiter a week and a half after I applied. We went through the standard screening and she passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview a few days later. I received the job offer the Saturday after my in person interview, which was on a Thursday. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to complete all interviewing, drug screening and background check, and to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, talked to me as if I already had the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they offered more than what I asked for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in November 2012.

There were two interviews. One was on the phone and one in person at the office. The interview included typical questions such as why I wanted to intern there and what I knew about real estate.

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

You go to CBRE website and file out an application, download your resume and any certifications and licenses. A recruiter will contact you via Email letting you know that they have/will submit your resume to the hiring manager. They contact you for an oral interview and you interview with them. If you are selected they will contact you to process with a background investigation, drug screening, etc. If not, they email you letting you know another candidate was chosen.