CBRE

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview which was fairly standard. I then went into the office and met with about 4 different people, including the Managing Director. Everyone was very nice and the interview was not out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE.

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions
    • We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

One phone interview and one on site interview followed by dinner. Hiring manager put most emphasis on resume and experience. Most of the questions regarded scope of responsibilities and size of accounts.

Easy.

Recruiter Interview

The ATS doesn't work and the interview process can be cumbersome. It is hard to be a recruiter for a company that requires so many different interbviews and no follow up from hiring managers.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted by a recruiter a week and a half after I applied. We went through the standard screening and she passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview a few days later. I received the job offer the Saturday after my in person interview, which was on a Thursday. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to complete all interviewing, drug screening and background check, and to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, talked to me as if I already had the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they offered more than what I asked for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Applied in March through LinkedIn, phone interview with recruiter in Dallas in early May, first round in person a week later with two members of the Human Resources team, second round in person with the hiring manager a week after that. Contacted with interview results after another week.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward questions. Some behavioral, mostly just going over past experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

You go to CBRE website and file out an application, download your resume and any certifications and licenses. A recruiter will contact you via Email letting you know that they have/will submit your resume to the hiring manager. They contact you for an oral interview and you interview with them. If you are selected they will contact you to process with a background investigation, drug screening, etc. If not, they email you letting you know another candidate was chosen.