CBRE

2.8

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

Hired through a local staffing company, it was very quick and easy as it was a temporary position. They were more concerned with getting someone in ASAP than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • What previous jobs have included skills you think you would need in this position?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
    2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
    3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
    4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
    5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview which was fairly standard. I then went into the office and met with about 4 different people, including the Managing Director. Everyone was very nice and the interview was not out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE.

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions
    • We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

One phone interview and one on site interview followed by dinner. Hiring manager put most emphasis on resume and experience. Most of the questions regarded scope of responsibilities and size of accounts.

Easy.

Recruiter Interview

The ATS doesn't work and the interview process can be cumbersome. It is hard to be a recruiter for a company that requires so many different interbviews and no follow up from hiring managers.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted by a recruiter a week and a half after I applied. We went through the standard screening and she passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview a few days later. I received the job offer the Saturday after my in person interview, which was on a Thursday. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to complete all interviewing, drug screening and background check, and to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, talked to me as if I already had the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they offered more than what I asked for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.