CBRE

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Very fast paced company. High volume of work. Overtime expected.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Wheel Program - DC Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Sent in resume and then interviewed online.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult just a couple different questions about dealing with adversity and ethical situations that you have been put in   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – Very professional interview. Was impressed with the career opportunities available at such a large and diverse company. Interview was relaxed and offered great information about the job and the company. Questions were targeted and relevant. Ample opportunity given for me to ask questions. I was given a tour and introduced to other members of the team.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Real Estate Accountant Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Got placed by a temp agency. It turned into a full time job after a short period.

Interview Question – What is FASB 13?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than I expected. So I accepted it.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Assistant Property Manager

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – It was a very long interview process. I met with three different people, including their main client prior to a decision being made. The job was offered to me, but my minimum salary requirement was at the top of their salary cap for the position. It was hard to tell if there was room for improvement, so I ended up turning down the job. Seems like a decent company though, they definitely are thorough and want to make sure that they find good people for their company.

Interview Question – They ask what your weakness is when you first start. Mine was not based on personal credentials but rather my unfamiliarity with their portfolio.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined based on salary requirements.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – Fairly typical sequence in terms of initial HR contact/phone interview; scheduling of additional phone interviews (due to job location being geographically separate from interviewers) and final in-person interview with hiring manager. Breakdown:

--After applying on-line, I was contacted next day by an internal recruiter and scheduled a phone screen with that individual.
--Upon successful completion of phone screen, I was scheduled with two peer-level, subject matter colleagues to discuss technical knowledge, accomplishments, etc.
--After second phone interview, I was scheduled with a more senior subject matter expert.
--Phone interview with hiring manager to establish more cultural fit, client needs, fit with the client team, etc.
--Final step was a brief, in-person meeting with the hiring manager.

Overall, good questions, good process.

Interview Question – The hardest thing as a client account assignment was trying to translate those things I had previously done. But overall, nothing that I couldn't address appropriately.   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Set up for the interview through a recruiting agency conference. Second interview of the day out of five and found it to be the most enjoyable, interviewer did really well at setting the tone of the interview and asked the best questions that I think directly relate to the job.

Interview Question – Situation question involving how I would prioritize different issues related to the job arising at the same time. "If the president of the company were giving a speech in one room and complained that the room was too warm, at the same time one of the main cooling towers developed major issues, also while one of the toilets began flooding a bathroom on one of the floors. Where would you begin? How would you prioritize this situation?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't really "decline" the recruiting agency that I was working with pushed other offers because they were ready to get me started asap and didn't seem interested in letting me follow up with CBRE.

Real Estate Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2012.

Interview Details – CBRE hires through Accountemps, cold calling off Monster/job boards, and applications. I was cold-called.

First is your typical phone-screen. Nothing tricky. Then you're invited in to an interview with who'll probably be your primary supervisor and another supervisor or above. For my position they asked the basic accounting questions, name a difficult experience, blah blah blah.

For REA, they did go "Well we don't expect you to know this, but what can you tell us about CAM?", which is Common Area Maintenance. I'd already interviewed for property accountant at another location, so the answer was easy.

Then you go take a computer test about your knowledge of Excel and basic accounting concepts. It's pretty simple.

If you pass that, then you get connected with their terrible, terrible contractor for backgrounds. They are horrible. They won't call some of your listings, they'll forgot to tell you when your drug test is, and whatnot. I found it's just easier to call your recruiter and work around the contractor.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much of one. I should have held out a bit to get another grand or two, but I wanted out of my at-the-time employer.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – The initial interview process starts with a phone interview, followed by 2 in the office interviews. There will be general accounting questions in the phone interview and computerized tests in the in office interview. Excel, word, etc.

Interview Question – Basic "STAR" interview question process. Not really any difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I countered with an added $2,000 on top of what they offered, referred to my experience, education, etc. they agreed.

Graphic Designer for Capital Markets Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – I have a friend in the Capital Markets team (made up of 7 people) who passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I spoke with hiring manager initially over the phone. She said she was impressed with me/wanted to meet me, so then I was called in for an interview with her and 2 other people. Interview went well, they also had me take 2 tests - a 30 minute InDesign test on a PC and a proofing/grammar test. I hand wrote thank you notes to all 3 of the women and followed up with the hiring manager and never heard back. Not even a "thank you for your interest, but we went with someone else." Very rude considering how small their team is and my direct contact is on their team.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked anything difficult   Answer Question