CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

CBRE Wheel Program- Washington D C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for position and received a response within two weeks of submission. Interview was conducted online, with automated questions and a given time limit for each answer. This was the first interview I had experienced in this fashion and it was slightly overwhelming because of the lack of person-to-person interaction and the time restricted response period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you faced unexpected challenges? How did you overcome these difficulties?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in CBRE?   1 Answer

Wheel Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions

• What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CBRE?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received a call for an interview, went to the interview and never heard back. I thought the interview went well but it'd be nice if they let candidates know the position has been filled. I had to wait and wait until I called to check and still got no response until a week later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to fix something your boss did wrong and how would you handle it if you were to be blamed   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

Interview

Great interview process, very thorough, professional and informational about the company, the management and the position responsibilities and expectations. Had the first interview with the VP and a Sales Associate, this was followed by two phone interviews with two different team members within the next couple of days, and then another in person interview with the Managing Director a week after the first interview.

A few days after the last interview I was called and offered the position and unfortunately had to pass on the offer due to an unexpected situation that occurred within those few days that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I was so elated and disheartened at the same time, but everyone that I interviewed with was so understanding and appreciative that I presented them with that information as opposed to accepting the offer and leaving them shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I am filling this out months after my interview and can't remember in specific a difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared to go over typical interview questions and make sure you have questions ready to ask them regarding the position and company as well. As much as they need to learn about you professionally you need to learn about them and the company too in order to know if this is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

An unexpected situation occurred within the few days after my last interview that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I didn't want to leave the company after only a few short months.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions

• A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position on CBRE's career website. About 3 weeks later I received a email from the recruiter and scheduled an phone interview the day after.

The interview went well. I was asked questions about my work experiences and other competitions at school. And at last, why I am interested in the Real Estate Market. The interview also involve how I handle with Access and SharePoint.

I was told the hiring manager would contact me later or I should contact them. No good news up to now.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBRE (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Hired through a local staffing company, it was very quick and easy as it was a temporary position. They were more concerned with getting someone in ASAP than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What previous jobs have included skills you think you would need in this position?   Answer Question