CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Applied through company's website. Got a call from the corporate recruiter in Texas. Was told I was going to get a call from the hiring manager within a week but if not, then to contact the recruiter. Did not receive a call or email from the hiring manager. Contacted the recruiter via email but never received a reply.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I was contacted for the position by an outside recruiter who set up the initial interview with the office manager. I met with the manager for about an hour, the office was lovely and the staff all looked friendly and happy - a welcoming office environment which I liked. Because this was a team structure I would need to be interviewed by the entire team so I went in for 2 subsequent interviews due to timing.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard type questions, no personality type tests or "gotcha" questions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Applied online. Used a few employee referrals. Process took a few months. No real interview process, but more of a phone screen. Got a call back a few months later that I got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The job posting was not what I interviewed for. It seems that they have a team of Client Services coordinators with different specialties. As a current coordinator at another company with a marketing degree, I was ready to speak on my experience and it would be straight forward. I was really surprised when I sat down and they said they were looking for someone with strong graphic design skills. Apparently the opening was for a position that was more heavy in InDesign and marketing in the specialty. So specialized to the point where a Portfolio was needed at a future round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How well do you use in design?   1 Answer

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, hiring manager face to face interview, offer given, drug tested, deep background check investigation, got the ok from HR and Hiring Manager for first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sell yourself and dont settle for ok. Be reasonable and explain why you deserve a suitable salary.

Financial Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Bloomington, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Talk with Recruiter and got an in person interview schedule. Meet with two different teams in the Company. Both went well but the second meeting was more interesting and a better fit for myself. Overall, very good process and quick.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It took a long time for them to call me for an interview, but it was overall a great experience. Very positive and friendly. They emailed me quickly for a second interview, however they did not follow up after over a month since the interview.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview from a recruiter who asked very basic questions. The next interview was in person and it was pretty easy. Basic questions that dug down into my experience but nothing out of the blue or tricky. I turned down the offer for a third interview simply because the job didn't fit my needs but it seemed like a bunch of nice people from what I could tell.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected honestly. They just wanted to know more about my experience.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Interview

Brief interview. They hire with very few filters. Simply require people to interview and are shown around. Not really introduced to any existing staff. Their company colors are green and white as well, also, in addition to.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process seemed simple at first, but I got a surprise when I showed up to the Interview. The manager didn't bother to interview me and sent in 2 young girls with no experience. They were snotty and asked stupid questions. They didn't even ask me about my prior experience as a former CBRE employee. I was more qualified than they were as far as education and experience but they treated me as if I was an idiot. I was not impressed with this branch of CBRE using "children" to conduct the interviews. I also got a bad vibe from the rest of the people in that office when I walked in. I wouldn't accept a job offer there if they paid me a million dollars. This was a property mgmt. office branch in Denver, CO. I left the interview in shock at the way I was treated. I hope CBRE one day realizes that they are missing out on hiring people with education, experience and great potential because they have caddy bimbos conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a quiet office or a noisy one??? Really, this was the most stupid question!   Answer Question

Only work here if you can't find anything else.