CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Long and grueling. To get hired you have to go through at least 3 interviews, not including phone interview, then the reference process is over the top! You need 7 references that you've worked with and they all need to go online and fill out a survey specific to you and how you work.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions like greatest strength/weaknesses   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE.

I was hired the day I interviewed. This was before they had all the new processes in place so it was a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • N/A because when I was hired it was before the process became formalized.   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Interviewed with groups of two

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at CBRE.

Interviewed quickly for entry level job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to explain what I would do if an upset tenant called to stop construction on the building.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CBRE.

This was the most frustrating process that I have ever been a part of. I found out about the job from a friend. They had a facilities tech move and a position was open. This was a company that I was very interested in and hoping to get. My friend talked to the facilities supervisor who told her that I should apply online and send a copy of my resume with her so he could get on it right away. I gave her my resume and she gave it to the supervisor.

The next step was filling out the application online. It is a very poor system. It is hard to navigate, there are no filters to narrow the searches and it took me four tries for their system to save my information. It literally took my three hours to find the job and fill the information in four times! I got it, though, and was hopeful.

After a few months I assumed that I had not been considered and was looking elsewhere. My friend contacted me and asked if I had heard anything because they were still looking at the facility. I told her that I had not heard anything. She said that she would talk to the supervisor. She did and he said that he had been really busy (he oversaw multiple areas of the country), but would be getting in touch with me soon. He asked for another copy of my resume which I sent.

After another month of not hearing anything I applied for another site with the company. This time I heard something right away. I was interviewed by one supervisor on the phone who just asked basic information about skills and technical abilities. It was about a 30 minute call. He informed me that he would forward the information on and if the company was interested they would set up another interview.

Two weeks later I got the second interview. This was a phone interview as well. This interview was from a regional supervisor and was mainly about character and had some very direct questions about my skills and wanted to know a few things about my previous employer(a competitor). He said that he was very impressed with me and would like to schedule an in-person interview.

One week later I had the interview. At the interview was the first two phone interviewers and another woman. The interview was just a rehash of everything in the first two. I mainly talked with the regional supervisor as the woman didn't seem all there. She only looked at my twice and only asked one question. The first interviewer I talked with couldn't seem to be bothered as he was doing something on his tablet. It had nothing to do with me...he was practically sitting in my lap. lol I was told that they would be making a decision in two weeks and would let me know either way.

Two weeks later, I had not heard anything back. I emailed the regional supervisor, as I did not have his phone number, and he told me that they decided to hire another person. I would hope that this was the end of the story, but its not. A few weeks after this email my friend noticed a new person at her site working the facilities job. She asked the supervisor if he had talked with me. He said that he never receieved my application or resumes! He said that he would still like to speak with me since another person was transferring. She told me about this and I told her that I wasn't interested. I was all but assured this job months ago with not even a call.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions about a competitor that I worked for. I felt like I was in an awkward position.   View Answer

Commercial Real Estate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I was asked to do an Online Interview. They display questions, then give you 60 seconds for you to prepare a reply. Your responses are timed. Usually 60 seconds - 90 seconds. There were about 10 questions. Using a webcam, they record your responses. Typical behavioral interview questions. You can re-do the interview once.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you took initiative. Tell us a time about working in an environment where you had an issue with upper management. What did you do in this situation? Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview with HR first that went about 30 minutes long. They had several behavioral questions as well as the questions from resume. I then got a second interview with the Accounting Manager and the Controller. The second round of interview was very easy and they talked more than I did.

Associate Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

The entire process took almost three months. I interviewed with six different people. They are very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last emergency you had to deal with, and how did you deal with it. What was your contribution.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary a little. They are constrained by the client you would be working for.

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in November 2013.

In Person interview. 30 mins. Nice office.

Interview Questions
    • No answer, No call back, No response to Emails or phone calls.   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in November 2010.

Initially was hired to fulfill a short contract and it evolved to a permanent opportunity, which was exciting to see the growth and potential.

Interview Questions
    • Very little technical questions asked during interview.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation.