CBRE

179 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Facilities Interview

Facilities

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – This was the most frustrating process that I have ever been a part of. I found out about the job from a friend. They had a facilities tech move and a position was open. This was a company that I was very interested in and hoping to get. My friend talked to the facilities supervisor who told her that I should apply online and send a copy of my resume with her so he could get on it right away. I gave her my resume and she gave it to the supervisor.

The next step was filling out the application online. It is a very poor system. It is hard to navigate, there are no filters to narrow the searches and it took me four tries for their system to save my information. It literally took my three hours to find the job and fill the information in four times! I got it, though, and was hopeful.

After a few months I assumed that I had not been considered and was looking elsewhere. My friend contacted me and asked if I had heard anything because they were still looking at the facility. I told her that I had not heard anything. She said that she would talk to the supervisor. She did and he said that he had been really busy (he oversaw multiple areas of the country), but would be getting in touch with me soon. He asked for another copy of my resume which I sent.

After another month of not hearing anything I applied for another site with the company. This time I heard something right away. I was interviewed by one supervisor on the phone who just asked basic information about skills and technical abilities. It was about a 30 minute call. He informed me that he would forward the information on and if the company was interested they would set up another interview.

Two weeks later I got the second interview. This was a phone interview as well. This interview was from a regional supervisor and was mainly about character and had some very direct questions about my skills and wanted to know a few things about my previous employer(a competitor). He said that he was very impressed with me and would like to schedule an in-person interview.

One week later I had the interview. At the interview was the first two phone interviewers and another woman. The interview was just a rehash of everything in the first two. I mainly talked with the regional supervisor as the woman didn't seem all there. She only looked at my twice and only asked one question. The first interviewer I talked with couldn't seem to be bothered as he was doing something on his tablet. It had nothing to do with me...he was practically sitting in my lap. lol I was told that they would be making a decision in two weeks and would let me know either way.

Two weeks later, I had not heard anything back. I emailed the regional supervisor, as I did not have his phone number, and he told me that they decided to hire another person. I would hope that this was the end of the story, but its not. A few weeks after this email my friend noticed a new person at her site working the facilities job. She asked the supervisor if he had talked with me. He said that he never receieved my application or resumes! He said that he would still like to speak with me since another person was transferring. She told me about this and I told her that I wasn't interested. I was all but assured this job months ago with not even a call.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions about a competitor that I worked for. I felt like I was in an awkward position.   View Answer

Commercial Real Estate Intern Interview

Commercial Real Estate Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – I was asked to do an Online Interview. They display questions, then give you 60 seconds for you to prepare a reply. Your responses are timed. Usually 60 seconds - 90 seconds. There were about 10 questions. Using a webcam, they record your responses. Typical behavioral interview questions. You can re-do the interview once.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you took initiative. Tell us a time about working in an environment where you had an issue with upper management. What did you do in this situation? Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR first that went about 30 minutes long. They had several behavioral questions as well as the questions from resume. I then got a second interview with the Accounting Manager and the Controller. The second round of interview was very easy and they talked more than I did.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – The entire process took almost three months. I interviewed with six different people. They are very thorough.

Interview Question – What was the last emergency you had to deal with, and how did you deal with it. What was your contribution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary a little. They are constrained by the client you would be working for.

Research Coordinator Interview

Research Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in November 2013.

Interview Details – In Person interview. 30 mins. Nice office.

Interview Question – No answer, No call back, No response to Emails or phone calls.   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Senior Corporate Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initially was hired to fulfill a short contract and it evolved to a permanent opportunity, which was exciting to see the growth and potential.

Interview Question – Very little technical questions asked during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation.

Facility Manager Interview

Facility Manager
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at CBRE in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process can be long if you have any gaps or lack of information on your resume. Be prepared for the usual question of what would you do if scenarios may occur in the position you are applying for. Be a consistent and what would be the best if a legal recourse needed to be involved. AnSwers need to be content and what would be best for the team and the company. Also have you good about you and need to improve answers ready to go.

Interview Question – The most difficult is not being prepared for the position you are applying for and think of all questions you would ask. Use the Internet for good questions and have the answers ready.   Answer Question

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Accounting Coordinator
Bloomington, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in April 2012.

Interview Details – Once my resume had been submitted and was reviewed I was contacted to arrange a phone interview. The interview over the phone was typical, the HR representative asked me about accounting concepts and other basic questions. Not really sure why that was necessary being as the job was a data entry position. After advancing past the phone interview the next phase was an interview at the Bloomington office (Two Market Point). The interviewers (two of them) were friendly, although I learned after beginning work I would not be working with them--I was assigned to a different team.

After the 1 on 1 interview I was brought to a testing room for an assessment of my accounting knowledge. This test was 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Question – I had applied for the entry level "accounting coordinator" so the questions were more geared toward how you interact with others and your behaviors. The three questions that got me thinking the most were:
1) describe a time where you went above and beyond to please a customer, complete a project, etc...
2) describe a time when an unexpected issue arises and changes your schedule dramatically, also how did you react?
3) How do you building rapport with co-workers and clients?

If you can answer those three questions you are golden.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short and unable to find middle ground/compromise .

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple and basic. Nothing major questions was asked. Only questions about you and your projects, past work experience and why this position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions was asked. But do answer every question that was being asked and just do some homework on the company and the position.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in August 2013.

Interview Details – I've got a phone call and then an interview. We initially discussed the basic interview questions. Then we moved on to explore my portfolio. After that we went into more detail about the position.