CBRE

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Interview Details – Difficult to get resume to stand out. They do not use agencies. Interviewer had knowledge of job role but limited knowledge of benefits salary etc. Offer came quickly and written but from regional HQ and little communication between entities.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Associate Interview

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – Interview questions regarding personality/interest in the company.

Interview Question – How do we know you plan to stay in this field?   Answer Question

Associate for Wheel Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Central HR person conducted a phone interview, and then I was called in for a in-person interview in the New York office.

Interview Question – None. Spoke entirely about CBRE and my previous experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details – It was pretty cool.

Interview Question – Who was your favorite president and why?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Interviewed once

Interview Question – Why real estate?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Real Estate Services Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had a total of a phone interview and an in-person interview. The person interviewing me seemed to want to scare me away instead of being realistic about job expectations. About 2 months later, I got contacted to get an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were very standard.   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Client Services Coordinator

I applied in-person and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details – Met with team, very informal. They talked more about what they did then really ask me questions. They did not read my resume prior to meeting me as evident by their questions.

Interview Question – None. Just asked general questions on resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Good company but did not want to pursue a career in real estate

Accounting Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CBRE in February 2012.

Interview Details – First - Phone interview
Second - In person interview / computer test

Computer test involved basic Excel/Word knowledge, spelling knowledge, accounting knowledge

Interview Question – All questions were.. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in April 2011.

Interview Details – Quick and efficient. Two interviewers for interview. Everyone was prepared and made me feel comfortable quickly. Explained the job

Interview Question – To explain how I had interacted with client in my previous position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quick. Recruiter called for phone interview after that she emails for a formal interview with the hiring managers. Met with the hiring manager and got the offering phone call the end of the week. Got my acceptance offer letter by email and went through the process of getting the background check and drug test done.

The long part of it all is the initial background check and drug test. After the approval, you have to wait until the start date which can be pretty long since CBRE only starts you every other Monday.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty basic and you can find the questions off the web. The customer service, Accounting terminology, and Excel test are pretty simple as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very negotiable if you have a valid reason on why you want to counter their offer. I had a valid reason since I was going from a company that I worked with over 5+ years.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE