CBRE

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Commercial Real Estate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was asked to do an Online Interview. They display questions, then give you 60 seconds for you to prepare a reply. Your responses are timed. Usually 60 seconds - 90 seconds. There were about 10 questions. Using a webcam, they record your responses. Typical behavioral interview questions. You can re-do the interview once.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you took initiative. Tell us a time about working in an environment where you had an issue with upper management. What did you do in this situation? Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview with HR first that went about 30 minutes long. They had several behavioral questions as well as the questions from resume. I then got a second interview with the Accounting Manager and the Controller. The second round of interview was very easy and they talked more than I did.

Associate Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

The entire process took almost three months. I interviewed with six different people. They are very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last emergency you had to deal with, and how did you deal with it. What was your contribution.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary a little. They are constrained by the client you would be working for.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in February 2014.

I applied, about two weeks later, HR from Texas reached out to me. I was then put in place with my respective manager. The questions are standard, non-intrusive and they were looking for right fit.

Set in stone.

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in February 2014.

Applied on CBRE's website. One month later, a phone call with the HR, and two rounds of on-site interview. Interviewer went well with two VPs, and got an offer after almost two months of waiting (some holidays in between). Stayed one month and left because by the time I got the offer and started working (3 months from the initial interview date), a lot of the circumstances have changed and i need to choose between a full-time offer and a not-so-well paid part-time internship. Overall good learning experience, but be aware that a big company like CBRE is slow in everything.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Phone interview, more like an initial screen, lasted about 15 minutes, asked basic questions like explain your experience, what tools do you use to recruit, how many positions do you work on at one time.

Interview Questions
    • Interview could not elaborate on the specifics of the role requirement when I asked so that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at CBRE.

When I applied for the position I was given an email to with a video to take the interview. Each question is timed for about 60-120 seconds. Make sure you get to the point in your response! You also have two shots at taking the interview online for the first one can be a trial run.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for CBRE?Make sure you got your response and can speak about it for 3 minutes because that is all you get.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2013.

The interview process was very simple and basic. Nothing major questions was asked. Only questions about you and your projects, past work experience and why this position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions was asked. But do answer every question that was being asked and just do some homework on the company and the position.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE in November 2013.

In Person interview. 30 mins. Nice office.

Interview Questions
    • No answer, No call back, No response to Emails or phone calls.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Very fast paced company. High volume of work. Overtime expected.