CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CBRE (Universal City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

You go to CBRE website and file out an application, download your resume and any certifications and licenses. A recruiter will contact you via Email letting you know that they have/will submit your resume to the hiring manager. They contact you for an oral interview and you interview with them. If you are selected they will contact you to process with a background investigation, drug screening, etc. If not, they email you letting you know another candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates you the most?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and received a phone screening a week later. The same day I got a call from the local HR to arrange an interview time.

I had a pretty standard interview with the HR Manager and the Operations Manager at their head office, the interview lasted for 30 minutes or so. I was also asked to complete an online office assessment test which I passed.

The following week they called me in for an interview with the Operations Manager and a Senior VP - it was a great interview that lasted 1.5 hours after they had kept me waiting for a while as SVP was running late with a previous appointment.

I got a call the same day from the HR Manager asking how the interview went. And said she would chat with the operations manager and follow up with me next week. I received an email the next week saying they'll be in touch.

About a month later, after I followed up they wouldn't give me a yes or a no, simply just wait as they need to interview more candidates but I was still in the running.

I called two weeks later and was told they just interviewed the last candidate and the Operations manager is on vacation for the day but they will finalize mid-next week and let me know of a decision either way - Wednesday latest. Plus they said they wanted me to interview for another position.

It's been almost two weeks since their "decision" deadline when they were going to let me know either way. I've sent an email and left a voicemail but no answer.

Not the most professional hiring process I've been apart of. I would have been happy with a "No", however, being strung along for sometime isn't the best especially after going through a long process and spending so much time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was pretty easy - one interview then an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult job to fill?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Be persistent. They really only want to hire people with experience because the cycle to become an efficient salesperson takes 6-8 months. They want to make sure you are worth the investment.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember, but be ready for situational questions.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Straight forward process. Actually quite laid back. Very easy to speak to. Go in with a relaxed attitude and display a passion for real estate. Relatable internship or job experience a big plus. CBRE is a top notch company to work for so do your due diligence before hand and practice some basic sample interview questions to help keep you on your toes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Long and grueling. To get hired you have to go through at least 3 interviews, not including phone interview, then the reference process is over the top! You need 7 references that you've worked with and they all need to go online and fill out a survey specific to you and how you work.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions like greatest strength/weaknesses   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL).

Interview

I was hired the day I interviewed. This was before they had all the new processes in place so it was a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• N/A because when I was hired it was before the process became formalized.   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Interview

Interviewed with groups of two

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Interviewed quickly for entry level job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain what I would do if an upset tenant called to stop construction on the building.   Answer Question