CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

CBRE Wheel Program- Washington D C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for position and received a response within two weeks of submission. Interview was conducted online, with automated questions and a given time limit for each answer. This was the first interview I had experienced in this fashion and it was slightly overwhelming because of the lack of person-to-person interaction and the time restricted response period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you faced unexpected challenges? How did you overcome these difficulties?   1 Answer

Account Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted from a CBRE Recruiter from my resume that was in their database for a previous position in which I applied for, First was a phone interview from the recruiter, then 2 face to face interviews. One with the hiring manager and the team member currently doing the role. Last interview was with the HR Manager to determine organization culture fit. Entire experience was positive and moved quickly. No offer and I am sure its because they couldn't match my current salary expectations which were communicated in the initial interview stages. .

Interview Questions

• Standard Fit Questions: Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions. Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience. They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions

• What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in CBRE?   1 Answer

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Personality questions as well as basic skills in excel and management. Organizational skills and ability to communicate. Also questions of past experience and taking a look at resume and talking about yourself--strengths and weaknesses.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CBRE?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received a call for an interview, went to the interview and never heard back. I thought the interview went well but it'd be nice if they let candidates know the position has been filled. I had to wait and wait until I called to check and still got no response until a week later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to fix something your boss did wrong and how would you handle it if you were to be blamed   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very informal process. Very comfortable as well. It was a two layer review between my local supervisor and a national lead. We talked about career trajectory and job responsibilities. I never once felt as if they were trying to "big league" me or intimidate. It was about as professional as you would hope to have for a position in real estate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

Interview

Great interview process, very thorough, professional and informational about the company, the management and the position responsibilities and expectations. Had the first interview with the VP and a Sales Associate, this was followed by two phone interviews with two different team members within the next couple of days, and then another in person interview with the Managing Director a week after the first interview. A few days after the last interview I was called and offered the position and unfortunately had to pass on the offer due to an unexpected situation that occurred within those few days that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I was so elated and disheartened at the same time, but everyone that I interviewed with was so understanding and appreciative that I presented them with that information as opposed to accepting the offer and leaving them shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I am filling this out months after my interview and can't remember in specific a difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared to go over typical interview questions and make sure you have questions ready to ask them regarding the position and company as well. As much as they need to learn about you professionally you need to learn about them and the company too in order to know if this is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

An unexpected situation occurred within the few days after my last interview that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I didn't want to leave the company after only a few short months.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate